Thread: Vegan story

Vegan story

I lived in a nice german town some 10 years ago.Just in the neighbourhood there was a stall-poor cows were standing there days by days..the stall was filthy and gloom,i was sad whenever i passed by.When i travelled on the motorway i would see many animals transports..sometimes it was minus 10 grad,Celsius..poor cows,pigs..i decided not to eat meat.My daughter and two sons(they were only 2 years old)did not eat either..But what about dairy? I saw the reality but first i did not have enough courage against the family and we still ate dairy for years..But the stall with the cows..other stalls full of cows when we took our cycle trips in the country...We realized that eating dairy means we still contribute to the violance and cruelty to animals!!!So we stopped eating dairy and it was much more simple than i thought...Now we are all vegans and vegan food is really excellent..I,however,think,it is not enough..i should do more: to tell people about the suffering of the animals,to print and fotocopy the reality about the horrible fate of animals..WE can see that the meat and milk industry is close-hand in hand-we should be consequent not to exploit poor living beings..

Welcome, Vegakata, to VRF. I am glad you saw the light of compassion and want to spread the word.

Welcome! Glad to have such a compassionate family here.

Where in Germany were you?

tiny careful adventure fire bluedawg's Avatar
    welcome to VRF, vegakata!

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by vegakata View Post
    I lived in a nice german town some 10 years ago.Just in the neighbourhood there was a stall-poor cows were standing there days by days..the stall was filthy and gloom,i was sad whenever i passed by.When i travelled on the motorway i would see many animals transports..sometimes it was minus 10 grad,Celsius..poor cows,pigs..i decided not to eat meat.My daughter and two sons(they were only 2 years old)did not eat either..But what about dairy? I saw the reality but first i did not have enough courage against the family and we still ate dairy for years..But the stall with the cows..other stalls full of cows when we took our cycle trips in the country...We realized that eating dairy means we still contribute to the violance and cruelty to animals!!!So we stopped eating dairy and it was much more simple than i thought...Now we are all vegans and vegan food is really excellent..I,however,think,it is not enough..i should do more: to tell people about the suffering of the animals,to print and fotocopy the reality about the horrible fate of animals..WE can see that the meat and milk industry is close-hand in hand-we should be consequent not to exploit poor living beings..
    Thanks for informing me about this forum Vegakata. I am eeply moved to know that even at -10C Cows were transported in Germany. God how they must have suffered.

Same in India now comming to think of it. The common man complains it is too hot in summer, the rich have A/C. But I guess the cows and other animals are left to suffer in the heat.

Vijay

Welcome!

half a block from Normal Emiloid's Avatar
    Welcome, vegakata. I think you'll find a lot of like-minded folks here. Hope you like it!
    wocka wocka wocka

Me Cade and Hope. sitting_vegan's Avatar
    Welcome!

Welcome, Vegakata!!

Last edited by KaliMama; 02-07-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: I'm a dork.

This IS my indoor voice! Provoked's Avatar
    Hello Vegakata..... yes, the dairy cows are pitiful - Wonderful that there are people like you who recognize this and do their part to stop the pain.... nice meeting you!