Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Vegan Story

My Vegan Story

It all started quite randomly. I was viewing a friend's page on myspace and I saw one of her friends and had a feeling to look at his page. When I viewed his page, I saw the video he had posted from PETA about why we all should be vegan.

As I watched the video, I was horrified and mortified! I never knew how these animals were treated. All so very cruelly. I was crying and I couldn't stomach it. I forced myself to finish watching it. And decided right then and there, I can no longer eat meat or it's by-products.

The biggest motivation, I believe in feeding the poor and hungry. I lived in Romania for over a year and came in contact with many street children or homeless people who begged for food. And in the video it said that all the grain used to feed the animals raised for slaughter, could feed these people!

I was outraged!!! Our earth/environment is set off balance because of this.
    My new friend suggested to join this group for support, receipes, ideas, etc.

I am a Christian. I believe that God created this earth, her people, and animals to live harmoniously. The fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains were made for our consumption, yet sin has taken us in a whole other direction of slaughtering animals who did not ask for this.... who have NO choice. If I say I am pro-life, it means for animals too!!!

I am determined to change my lifestyle and help promote a vegan lifestyle. I want to thank everyone who is living like this now and for your promotion of opening the eyes of blind people. I was one of them, but now I see.

Welcome to VRF Roshy_d, and thank you for sharing your story.
    I like that you are so fired-up, and I feel sure that you will be a good ambassador for what we are all about here on VRF.

May peace and joy be with you.
    Vegit-8
    Live with compassion and respect.

welcome!

hat-wearing potato eater dropscone's Avatar
    Welcome Roshy_d
    "Like a cloud of blossoms falling
    Ain't it such a gorgeous morning?
    Hold your breath and reach for the blue"
    Blossoms Falling - Ooberman

Nice story! There are a lot of good tips and info on making the trasition here. Your friend was right, this is a great place to get support. If you have any questions, just ask! You will also be able to find a lot of great info by searching the forums.
    http://members.cox.net/mikeoscrope/10463-spasticastic.gif

wow, great story! i'm always impressed when people just make the transition from meat eater to vegan in a heartbeat. if you have any questions, feel free to search the forums and/or ask! we're here to help. welcome to vrf!

Awesome Roshy D, Welcome to VRF -
    There are also a lot of us Vegans Representin on Myspace --> Representin Vegans on Myspace

Looking forward to getting to know you better.......

tiny careful adventure fire bluedawg's Avatar
    welcome to VRF, Roshy_d!

Welcome! PETA opened my eyes as well

Roshy,
    Congratulations and welcome. Few are willing to do a 180 as fast as you so thankyou.
    My first piece of advice which i recommend essential for ALL vegans is to listen to Dr. Michael Greger's Optimal Vegetarian Nutrition talk. Please give that a listen, he's a great speaker and knows his stuff.

Also one of your biggest motivators may be the weakest. To say going vegan will feed the world's hungry is oversimplifying the issue and if you advocate that you may find yourself challenged with nowhere to really go. A better way to say that might be 'meat and dairy production is a gross misuse of valuable resources.' Just a quick and small critique from experience.

As a christian i'm glad you understand that god would never agree with the horrible practices of factory farming no matter what her views on the eating of meat. I think that's an obvious connection yet no one owns up to it.

Anyway, welcome again and good luck on you vegan adventure. It only gets better.

Thank you. I appreciate your advice. I think the video I saw was my biggest motivator, and the thought of all the grain used could feed people really cemented it home for me. I agree with wholeheartedly you.

I will listen to Dr. Greger. I need all the information and help I can get to make sure I stay healthy!!

Thank you!!

i totally know what you mean. i'm just saying keep an open mind and take a more holistic approach. not that you aren't, just sayin. we're here for you. rock out!

Welcome Roshy_d...
    as a Christian vegan you might like to check out some of the Christian veg websites for more information. http://www.all-creatures.org/ and http://www.christianveg.com/default.htm
    The International Vegetarian Union has a good archive of articles on veg*ism and religion at http://www.ivu.org/religion/

Hello, Roshy d. Welcome.

It's a pity that more people can't be made aware of the cruelty and suffering that precedes the production of their meat and milk. I'm sure you'll be helping many of them to open their eyes.

Good luck. Keep the faith.

Regards,

Martin.
    There are lies, damned lies and vivisection.

Nitram Nagev.

Heya, Rosh...you'll find we come from all sorts of directions, including spiritual, but we're firmly united here in wanting to lessen suffering and increase justice in the world. Welcome to you!
    My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks. -- Barack Obama, speaking to the CEOs of 13 of the nation's biggest banks