Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidecar now owned by pigs peace sanctuary

Thats excellent news! I need to come and see
    "Kindness is a language we all understand.
    Even the blind can see it and the deaf can hear it."
    -Mother Teresa

Rooted
    I wonder if they have sold any of them
    At least one. I purchased your book last Saturday at the Howard Lyman book signing (held at sidecar) a long with his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Veganeuter
    At least one. I purchased your book last Saturday at the Howard Lyman book signing (held at sidecar) a long with his book.
    Yay!
    everyone's right and no one is sorry. that's the start and the end of the story.

Rooted
    The pigs peace site has just been updated. It's beautiful. Check out all the pictures in the photo gallery links. The Farm has gotten an amazing make over.

The cats loft is so adorable.

http://www.pigspeace.org/main/index.html

I haven't been to Sidecar yet because I'm a morning person and always out of Seattle by the time they open! (Or it happens to be Monday.)
    -San

All Power to the Pig Pile

Does anyone else get a hoot out of seeing this thread among the others, displayed as "Sidecar now owned by pigs..." ?

Maybe you'd have to be a Sixties person to dig it, or maybe just think of 'police' in a certain way.

'Pig Sanctuary', indeed. Endless doughnuts?

My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks. -- Barack Obama, speaking to the CEOs of 13 of the nation's biggest banks

I just went to Sidecar today. It was my second visit. I got some vegan marshmellows, veggie parm, and a beautiful, colorful belt that says vegan on the buckle. I love advertising.
    -San

Quote Originally Posted by oldradical
    Does anyone else get a hoot out of seeing this thread among the others, displayed as "Sidecar now owned by pigs..." ?

Maybe you'd have to be a Sixties person to dig it, or maybe just think of 'police' in a certain way.

'Pig Sanctuary', indeed. Endless doughnuts?

I just saw this. It made me laugh.

Thinking now of Neil, "It's the Pigs! Oh, noooo!"

Plant-Based Person wildmindgirl's Avatar
    We stopped in at Sidecar tonight hoping to meet Miso, but alas, she was not working tonight. I did pick up some soft tofu so that I could try Grog's icecream recipe-sounds very promising. I'm going to have to go back to Sidecar with a long grocery list, when I have a long time to poke through all the items...I never seem to have more than a few minutes when I go in.
    It's not a trail run if you aren't bleeding.

wmg, I'm there Sunday mornings... remember?

But, after this coming Sunday, I'll be there every other Sunday morning. Mark your calenders.

Plant-Based Person wildmindgirl's Avatar
    Ok, every other Sunday it is! I forgot that. I barely remember my own last name. But hey, I keep meeting all the other great people that work at Sidecar so that's sort of a fun side benefit!!
    It's not a trail run if you aren't bleeding.

Thanks to *Korf* for sending it to me, and to MamaQ for tipping me off that a semi-local store carried (and thus is in a local distributor's warehouses), and thanks to me for telling Sidecar's manager about it, Sidecar now has the Vitasoy Peppermint Chocolate goodness!

We bought two.

Also, a friend of mine whose company is A Peace of Heaven, was sampling her cheesecake at Sidecar today, and it was a creamy fluffy rich perfect delight! MMMMMmmmmmm...... (Available by pre-order for Xmas and New Year's.)

Sidecar is one of my favorite places to go, but unfortunately I am always wanting to buy more than I need. Usually I solve this by allowing myself to buy only one or two items per visit, but then visiting multiple times a week!
    [FONT="Century Gothic"]I finally figured out the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it.
    - Rita Mae Brown
    [/FONT]

Merdie! You should come by on Sunday morning, May 6 (before 2). That's my last day of volunteering at Sidecar until after my honeymoon.

How come everytime miso "volunteers" sidecar ends up several candy bars short?
    Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? - Gandalf the Grey