Thread: Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen without animal testing?

Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen without animal testing?

Are there any companies that make acetaminophen or ibuprofen that do not engage in animal testing?

Or, is there an herbal/holistic remedy that acts as either in regards to mild pain relief and headaches?

Not in the US. I usually use Excedrin or Advil (non-gelatin ones), because there isn't an alternative available here.

Damn it!

Plant-Based Person
    I don't know about acetaminophen alternatives, but, willow bark (usually available in tea form, I think) is literally just unrefined aspirin, so if your pains are responsive to basic aspirin, that should help and ought to be easy to find in organic cruelty-free form. Good luck!

Thanks. I've used arnica before for soreness as well (I guess it worked okay). Headache relief I don't know much about as far as natural remedies. But I'll definitely look into willow bark.

I like herbi's suggestion....willow bark, either as a tea or a supplement. It works well for many people suffering from mild to moderate pain.
    Regarding headaches. They generally come in two forms. Tension headaches and vascular headaches.
    Tension headaches are probably the more common and are usually the result of muscular contraction of the muscles of the neck, face and or shoulders. This includes eyestrain as this also results in muscle strain. They are usually responsive to massage, accupressure, and applied heat.
    Vascular headaches are things like migraines and cluster headaches and can range from annoying to debilitating. It takes some serious investigation to uncover their cause/trigger in many people, although it is certainly worth the effort. They are often the result of allergies and food sensitivities. Chocolate and table salt are two prime suspects, although stress can play an important role in when they show up.
    The natural remedy that can help many people with migraine type headaches is the herb feverfew. It can be used to prevent them from occuring and to some degree to lessen them once onset has occured although it is not addressing the underlying cause.
    Another thing that can help with many headaches is to drink adequate water. Dehydration, even mild dehydration, can predispose a person to a headache and many headaches will go away or at least be significantly alleviated if a person drinks several cups of room temp water upon the onset of the headache.

Good luck and may peace and joy be with you.
    Vegit-8
    Live with compassion and respect.