Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I have a Lyme Disease rash.

I think I have a Lyme Disease rash.

Way to go me.
    Last edited by downwithapathy; 08-14-2003 at 12:07 AM.
    Kindness counts!

What are exactly is Lyme Disease rash? Whatever it is, it doesn't sound good. Poor you!

Sonja, I would have this checked by a knowledgable doctor right away. I had lyme disease for 4 years before it was diagnosed and ended up in very bad shape. (arthritis, chronic fatigue, heart problems....and on and on.) I am not an advocate of antibiotic therapy as a matter of course, however it can be very effective with this pathogen if implemented early on. If left too long though the effectiveness falls right off.
    If it turns out to be lyme disease, please let me know and I can fill you in on the holistic protocols for overcomeing it, with or without antibiotics.
    BTW, is it a bullseye rash, and did you find a tick?

Good luck with clearing this up, whatever it is.

May peace and joy be with you.
    Vegit-8
    Live with compassion and respect.

My (grand)mother actually contracted Lyme Disease when I was a kid. I was the one who spotted the tick on her, and soon she developed the classic bull's eye rash. Because she had just come off of antibiotics for some other condition or another, her Dr. told her she had nothing to worry about. Now, it's quite affecting her muscles....and I wasn't planning on worrying about that sort of thing for a few years (I'm 20).
    My rash is more faint than hers was. It's white (I'm very pale) in the center and then pale pink farther out. It's barely visible though....and there isn't any itching or discomfort.
    I haven't found a tick on myself, however, I have spent a LOT of time this summer in places where ticks like to hang out..and didn't start looking for them until last night.
    I've phoned Mom, and she says I MAY be able to see the doctor at her workplace after I get home tomorrow. Here's hoping.
    Might anyone know how long a Lyme Disease rash might last?
    Kindness counts!

The Lyme rash can be variable in appearance and duration, and can actually fade away and then show up again when the 'victim' has flare-ups, sometimes years later.
    If there is any chance that this is Lyme disease it is very important that you get it attended to asap. I know all too many people who let it ride and ended up with a very stubborn illness that affected them in many ways, for years on end.

Herbal remedies that have been effective with Lyme disease include Oil of Wild Oregano and Olive Leaf Extract. It is often helpful to use immune boosting herbs and nutrients at the same time.

If you want specific information PM me.

Hope that you can see your Mom's work doctor soon, and hope he knows something about Lyme disease.

May peace and joy be with you.
    Vegit-8
    Live with compassion and respect.

I went to the doctor. I still don't know if I have Lyme Disease, but I was given some antibiotics "just in case". I haven't taken them yet. I keep staring at the bottle and then thinking back to the side effects list. I'm sure I'll take them though. Lyme Disease sounds TERRIBLE!
    Last edited by downwithapathy; 08-17-2003 at 09:22 PM.
    Kindness counts!

If you are gonna take 'em then best sooner rather than later from the sounds of it. If you're not gonna take 'em then skip off down to see a naturopath for some other kind of help. Sounds like you need to something swiftish either way or you could end up having to take a load more stuff if you get more sick.

Fun! I think I have flu-like symptoms!
    Kindness counts!

Sonja, are you taking the antibiotics?

take them take them TAKE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The author, E. W. Whitmarsh is a leading biochemist, well-known for his work with bemins and cemins. He is also credited with the discovery of memims.

Thanks for the concern, everyone. I've been taking them for four days now. Hopefully, everything will turn out okay.
    Oh...and just 'cause I can't come up with a better place to post this, I have now transferred to another (and in my mind, better) university!!! I spent all of today in my new town, and I am SUPER-PSYCHED!!!!!!
    Kindness counts!

I hope that it turns out to be nothing serious! And congrats on the new school!

Sonja, three cheers for the uni transfer that you're so jazzed about! Yay!
    [FONT=Arial]Cherish yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.[/FONT]

So what happened with this Sonja?
    I've convinced myself i have Lyme disease but Herbi thinks i'm crazy (and she's likely right). I noticed a small rash on my thigh (not bullseye though) and it coincides with weird knee pain i'm having today which i never ever had before (and that concerns me cuz i value them highly). It also coincides with alotta Lyme symptoms but those symptoms are vague and all over the map. Also i had flu like 3 weeks ago and it's been hanging on forever. (it IS going around tho) Oh and i've been spending my lunches picnicking on the river, sitting in grass.
    Looking up doctors now.

Plant-Based Person
    The knee pain could also be due to walking a couple extra miles every day than you're previously used to, going back & forth to work, when you used to take the train or your bike. And ticks usually don't transmit until they've been attached for 24-36 hours, which you'd definitely notice on your upper inner thigh, I would think! And everyone's had the flu -- me, your family members, your coworkers, my coworkers and their spouses... Use some Skepticism (TM) on this, babe. (But sure, get a test if you're that worried - you've got good insurance! )

Yeah i admit i can get irrationally hypo but after 3 weeks of feeling crappy a free trip to the doc can't hurt. Heck i don't even HAVE a doc i so rarely go.