Thread: Boyfriend Happy!!

Boyfriend Happy!!

Well we decided to get some veggie burgers Weds night for dinner, and grabbed some Tofutti mozzarella slices as well to give 'er a go.

Firstly - yowza. I had to re-check the package twice to make sure it was vegan.. I've not tasted such good fake cheese like, ever!! It even melted on our burgers!! *drool* in heaven.. heaven.. I mean I can perfectly live without cheese-like product but it's just - nice to have

Now. We're eating. Dan says he'll have to get some more burgers because - get this - HE LIKES THEM MORE THAN BEEF BURGERS.

I almost fell off my lawn chair.

What better way to make your vegan girlfriend happy then say something like that - and mean it!!
    "There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest."
    - Elie Wiesel

haha, that is quite cool!

I miss the Morningstar Farms burgers...most are not vegan, unfortunately. The black bean burgers were heaven...but they have egg whites in them, I think.

Yeah I know what you mean. :/ I used to get big packages of some kind of burger when I first went vegetarian, they were cheap and good, kind where you can get chunks of veggies.. of course, egg whites or cheese. :/
    "There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest."
    - Elie Wiesel

Yay Lace!

That's awesome that Dan loves the veggie burgers!! Good guy!

Shae is in love with the Tofutti cheese too. He's addicted to the cheddar kind. We buy so much of it, it's ridiculous. He wants it melted on top of EVERYTHING. We're talking "Pancakes with cheese"... LOL. He liked the mozzarella, but not quite as much. He's quite content with being Vegan now though! Yay for Tofutti!!! It finally substitued Mac&Cheese!! Pasta with melted Tofutti cheddar mixed in.
    Kelly

teeny tiny tantrums
    -little buttons that are big on cuteness.

Kel that rocks!

hehe they only had mozarella, american, and garlic or something, so we haven't tried the cheddar yet. But I think I'm gonna be an addict too.. I mean.. I can make "omlettes" with rice paper type thing and tofu seasoned, now with cheese! wootness! lol

Pancakes with cheese... eww... lmao
    - Elie Wiesel

Congrats on finding a nice guy. Too many are uncomfortable with vegans. Someone who likes veggie food is a potential vegetarian, too!
    -San

where did you get those tofutti mozarella slices?

My last boyfriend was for like half our relationship.

Dan and I have been friends since last August, fastly became best friends. I've always been able to talk to him about the vegan thing so he's never, while I've known him, been uneasy with it. I am not sure if he'd ever go vegetarian, he's a biology student (going into paleontology) and sorta feels that we evolved to be able to eat meat and dairy etc for a reason. But he's at least interested in animal welfare and he likes animals a lot. With that, and him enjoying eating vegan with me a lot (half the time we share food, whenever we go Vietnamese it's vegan cos we share it all, same with Chinese often (unless it's a buffet), and pizza, and such.. Pretty much anything that we could share, we do, so he eats a lot of vegan stuff.

Hoping to have him over to my house a lot more than recently, or be able to go over there and cook him dinner a lot. Healthy, yummy and makes the guy I adore eat less animal products.. woot woot.

But - who knows what the future holds? He might eventually go veg, or at least cut out a lot of the stuff. I don't want to push or anything, because I'd rather someone make their own choices than do something just to make me happy.. but he takes me into consideration a lot and how I feel about things, and is not only respectful but super supportive.. and as I said, often eats vegan with me even though he's not... Heck, the guy is even trying to get me to stand up for myself more, demand more things, or at least ask for them more than I tend to do, in regards to veganism... Like in restaurants, be more assertive about alternatives....

I just feel really lucky that he supports me, respects me, eats vegan with me more often than not, and is pushing me to be more assertive (since I'm like, basically, a carpet lol...)... *giggle* lucky lucky!!
    - Elie Wiesel

good vegan cheese?? i've never heard of such a thing! :eek:

must be on the lookout from now on.
    -Christina Marie

Tofutti! WOOT! GREAT vegan cheese - NOT good!!

HalfElf: I got it at the NorthHill Mall Safeway, in the natural foods section where you can get the "better than cream cheese" and "sour supreme" and some other stuff, as well as Amy's products and that stuff. I am sure they have it at the Safeways that have the natural foods section, like the one.. um, downtown somewhere, I think around 13th st/ave/something?
    - Elie Wiesel

Wait... maybe it's American, not cheddar. We refer to it as "the yellow tofutti"-- shae language. LOL.

Yeah, the pancakes with cheese thing grosses me out, but whatever keeps him away from dairy is a-ok with me! He's *just* about fully vegan now, and I really, really never thought that would happen! Now if his daddy would just follow!!!
    Kelly

teeny tiny tantrums
    -little buttons that are big on cuteness.

I think that I'm going to have to check out Safeway and see if I can find some of this stuff!

I have never heard of great tasting vegan "cheese" that melts too!!

Nah they don't have the slices at the Safeway downtown (11th ave ... I think)

Anyway, thanks, now I know where to get yummy cheese slices