Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: deodorants and body odor

deodorants and body odor

hello! i know this subject has been discussed before but i need help! i have tried a few natural deodorants (toms etc) but they dont work for me...i smell bad!
    do you guys have any suggestions??
    also i am in the uk so it would be useful if they were available here!

thanks

Plant-Based Person
    I use Avalon Organic Botanicals deodorant and it works pretty well for me.

Here are other threads about deodorant:

Thai Deodorant Stones?

Tooth Paste and other goods

Rooted

Patchouli!

Although it is not deodorant, I may have a solution for you: patchouli. Purchase some patchouli essential oil, and add a couple of drops to a small vial of water. Then, spray this onto yourself liberally. Afterwards, you will smell only of patchouli. I don't bathe for weeks at a time simply because I cannot be bothered, but my liberal use of patchouli conceals this, and most people find my odor appealing. In fact, I recieve many compliments on it.... Good luck. (Oh, yes, and I should mention that I don't even use deodorant; my patchouli stands in for that.)

Body Odours

I just wanted to share with you all that now that i am a vegan i no longer have to use deodorant, i dont smell anymore but before....eekk..i stank if i didnt use deodorant man i would reek, anyway just wondering if you had noticed too.

yikes. between this and the masturbation thread, i feel like i know way too much about you people. unfortunately, i still smell sometimes. no magical vegan cure for me. that's cool for you though, icebear.

question for the women: do you think your body odors (in general) are stronger before you menstruate? i've notice this, but i'm not sure if it's all in my head or what.

earth-- stud

Cool yepa

i agree with you icebear, but i still get some problems from time to time. its tuff, especialy if your an active athlete.
    Last edited by bearhino; 07-31-2003 at 08:53 PM.
    let food be they medicine (hippocrates)

My job is pretty physical and not to mention the carrying of hay from shed to paddocks to feed my hungry family i tend to sweat alot more then the average person i know, i cant comment on the menstrual odour thing as im lucky enough to be avoiding that for another 7 months.

Plant-Based Person
    Originally posted by VeganUU
    question for the women: do you think your body odors (in general) are stronger before you menstruate? i've notice this, but i'm not sure if it's all in my head or what.
    Is it that you smell worse or smell better? In other words, are the odors actually stronger, or is your nose just more sensitive at picking them up? Hmm...

It isn't necessarily worse, it's just that there's more of it, I guess. Isn't this a lovely topic?

Hmm.. I never really thought about it before, but before I went vegan I had to use a men's sports deodorant, but now the occasional swipe with a mild Tom's of Maine stick is all I need to keep from being stinky (and I only shower 3 times a week because of my dry skin). Sorry, I don't think I'm qualified to comment on the odor/period thing cause mine are controlled by 'the' pill to help my des-er-whatchamacallit symptoms. I don't notice much of anything that time of the month anymore.
    You never believe me when I say stupid things! - Jenn

special scrabble league! QrkyMoon's Avatar

Re: yepa

Originally posted by bearhino
    i agree with you icebear, but i still get some problems from time to time especialy if your an active athlete.
    You smell more when icebears athletic?

Professional smartaleck. Homer J.'s Avatar
    Originally posted by VeganUU
    It isn't necessarily worse, it's just that there's more of it, I guess. Isn't this a lovely topic?
    No argument. Masturbation, anyone?

Haha... I think thats an activity better enjoyed alone, Homer

Professional smartaleck. Homer J.'s Avatar
    Princess, speak for yourse.. umm.... no wait, I am not going to reveal much about my sex life. Nice try, though

Shucks! And I was so hoping you would