Thread: Deirdre Imus on The View representin'

Deirdre Imus on The View representin'

Plant-Based Person LesMiserablesLove's Avatar
    She's not vegan. She not even a vaygun. She seems misinformed too; the idea of complete proteins was disproved awhile ago.

I kind of feel bad for her. She's pushing mock meats, spelt, and salad. I'm just tired of vegans being seen as crazy health freaks without tastebuds. Can't we get someone like Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, the author of Joy of Vegan Baking, on these TV circuits?

I know she's not vegan, but she made vegetarianism seem very doable and Sherry ate enthusiastically, which was good. Better than the last segment I saw, where a chef made 4 meals, staring 4 different meats.

Woopi acted immature and rude, but she didn't get many laughs.

Thanks for the headsup!

What a car wreck though. I mean it's great there's this shift in consciousness going on and i'd expect more media moments like these but galdarn. Sherry's the go-to irrational dumb cop of the show and Whooppi's the supposed reasonable liberal but for this segment we had Sherry eatin it up (literally). She doesn't even know if the world is round or flat.

I'm skeptical of this Deirdre Imus too. She's propagating the murking of the waters for the definitions of vegetarianism and "vay-gun" AND she had a big plate of GRANOLA on the table. Did she just step off the time machine from 1974? I think she's a plant by the National Cattlemen's Beef Association.

Whooppi can bite me.

[/crotchety]

yeah, that was annoying. probably because 'vaygun' was said within 30 seconds of that clip.

This IS my indoor voice! Provoked's Avatar
    I thought I was going to faint when I read the word "Vegan" in a book at Walmart: The Imus Ranch: Cooking for Kids and Cowboys
    Dandy: I don't get the "working cattle ranch" part either... Is this a "real" ranch where the cows eventually get k*lled?

bumblebee: It's so sad that Whoppie turned her nose up on the vegetarian food... like eating veins, tendons, gristle, tumors and scar tissue from drugged and tortured animals is something "better"?

LesMiserablesLove - I'm going to a demo/dinner with Colleen Patrick-Goudreau as guest speaker in Feb... I cannot wait! Yes, I wish she'd make the main circuit too. She's so personable. I'm sure it's just a matter of time...

But Barbara with her comment about "something that fills you up" has no idea the volume of food one can eat as a vegan... Honestly, since I've gone vegan I eat twice as much, am never hungry and haven't gained a pound - Vegan food really does "fill you up" and is really very delicious & healthy - What don't these folks get?
    “There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to the beasts as well as man, it is all a sham.” Anna Sewell [1820 - 1878]
    Provoked

Plant-Based Person LesMiserablesLove's Avatar
    I would not mind dumb questions if the interviewers were more open-minded to the response and to what they were trying. Whoopi was so close-minded. She would only eat the raspberries!

Is this Imus person marketing herself as vegan when she's not? She said she was vegetarian and that she believes in organic, grass fed dairy cow operations.

Back with another block-rocking beat Calliope's Avatar
    That was really annoying to watch. Not even just the content, but everyone was constantly talking over eachother, not even listening to a word anyone else was saying.
    I had to stop watching after about 3 minutes, or I would have punched my screen.

Although, i was probably already grumpy because of the whole 'cattle-ranch', 'vay-gun' business anyway.
    Happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length.
    ~Robert Frost~

This IS my indoor voice! Provoked's Avatar
    And actually - I stand corrected (or should faint upon my keyboard) - Walmart actually lists 17 "Vegan" items in their stores. Wow!

Yes, Whoopi was the typical "close minded person"... who'd rather in numbness, eat all the icky animal parts - whatever

So, I guess this really is a working ranch complete with the end products too - But this is what gets me:
    As Deirdre Imus explains: 'We welcome kids who have known too much sickness and too much death, and we give them something they urgently need.
    So, for these kids that have seen too much death - we're just going to add a few hundred dead cows to the mix? I think that healing would be found at places like Farm Sanctuary or Peaceful Prairie. That's truly where there's hope and life - not more death and killing... but that's just silly me.
    “There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to the beasts as well as man, it is all a sham.” Anna Sewell [1820 - 1878]
    Provoked