Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegan Exception Clauses

Quote Originally Posted by nauthiz View Post
    I don't touch the animals, just the planet they're on.
    But, but, wouldn't destroying their planet just to satisfy your urge to destroy be akin to squashing an anthill for the same reason? (and we'll even say that all the ants are out doing whatever it is that ants do for fun, so none of them got squashed)

Okay, so maybe it's not techinically not vegan, but it's still Not Very Nice. Although the image of a bunch of floating-in-space animals is kind of funny...

OK i can see the "freak" part of it, but what is 1337? And yes, that is a bad flashythingy. Who says "bad" is bad, though, eh, Nauthiz?

And I too love the broodyface

This one's good too

but back to Mahk's soap. I meant when you put the slivers back in the bag, they'll be watery & eventually gelatinous. Were you thinking of using a flake per wash? You must be pretty dextrous. That sounds weird. You must be pretty fastidious. That sounds weird too. Ummm, hey, I was very impressed by the disappearing bar of soap image!

btw I always think the drooly face is for "makes me want to puke" instead of "I want, I want!"

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    OK i can see the "freak" part of it, but what is 1337?
    from wikipedia:

Leet (written 31337, 1337, and l33t), or Leetspeak, is a written argot used primarily on the Internet, which uses various combinations of alphanumerics to replace Latinate letters. The term is derived from the word "elite", and the usage it describes is a specialized form of shorthand. Different dialects of leet are found on different online forums.

Initially, the word leet was used as an adjective, to primarily describe the behavior or accomplishments of others in the community. In that usage, Leet generally carries the same meaning when referring to either the game prowess or, in original usage, hacking expertise of another person. From adjective form its use then expanded to include use as an expletive in reaction to a demonstration of the former qualities. With the mass proliferation of Internet use in the 1990s into the 21st century, Leet has since become a part of Internet culture and slang.[1] Leet may also be considered a substitution cipher, albeit with much variation from user to user.

btw I always think the drooly face is for "makes me want to puke" instead of "I want, I want!"
    I just had a Warwak flashback.

to be king you don't need a castle JasperKat's Avatar
    I thought Mahk was kidding about carrying soap slivers around. Hmmm. If I saw someone fishing a flake of soap out of a plastic baggie they carried in their pocket I would probably assume it was an allergy/medicated soap thing. If someone told me they were doing it to avoid the non-vegan soap, I would think that was weird.

But don't listen to me, I make pretty big allowances for what I call the "PITA factor", and that includes eating veggie burger buns without quizzing the waitress and not looking too closely at my alcohol ingredients.

-JK

Another exception-medication. Though i have taken myself off my bipolar meds i do take another drug that has animal by-products and was animal tested.(Though i took it once before as part of a clinical trial so at least i was willing to be a human test subject.)There is no alternative to this particular drug , so until i'm ready to get off it , i make an exception.

And if i saw someone using their own soap i would assume they had sensitive skin or allergies.

I used to carry a soap sliver around. I kept it in a little aluminum tin like those ones for lip balm. It took some maintenance but wasn't too bad - every day or two I'd have to leave it out with the lid off so that the soap could dry out.

<ducking for cover> I mostly don't bother with soap. I give my hands a long rinse, with vigorous rubbing. I've been told by a surgical nurse that the vigorous scrub is actually more effective than soap without rubbing. Only if I'm in the midst of food handling do I bother with a very careful washing with soap.

Me Cade and Hope. sitting_vegan's Avatar
    I gotta confess also, that I am not a big handwasher. If I don't think I've gotten anything on my hands while using the toilet, I may or may not rinse with water. I do use soap if I have to. My skin dries out super-quick with soap.

My mom didn't teach me to wash.

My mom taught me not to pee on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by nauthiz View Post
    My mom didn't teach me to wash.

My mom taught me not to pee on my hands.
    Yay mom!

Now if I could get my 8 yr old boy to not 'dribble'...

My ultra-considerate (in the bathroom anyway) male SO avoids the dribble by sitting down. Before him, I never really thought about if men could pee while sitting. He mentioned it one day a few months after moving in when I'd commented on how nice it was that he had such clean bathroom habits.

I remember teaching my little boys to "boing it" after peeing. I wonder if they still do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugan View Post
    My ultra-considerate (in the bathroom anyway) male SO avoids the dribble by sitting down. Before him, I never really thought about if men could pee while sitting. He mentioned it one day a few months after moving in when I'd commented on how nice it was that he had such clean bathroom habits.
    Cade (my son) had a stage where he would 'blot' on a piece of tp. I had a friend whose Indian husband sat to pee. Cultural difference?

Poor guys... first we talk about our privates and now we're talking about theirs!

Mine's loving the attention.