PDA

View Full Version : Good Karma vegan ice cream

veganshawn
07-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Jen and I had the Carrot Cake flavor and in her words "it is just great ice cream vegan or not" in other words this stuff rocks and I highly recommend getting some, you will thank me later.
www.goodkarmafoods.com

LegalVegan
07-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge !?!? I'll take twelve. Now if only I could find out where they're going to have this in Boston.

Yay new vegan products!

stegan
07-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Does it taste like rice ice cream though? I've found I don't like most of those- i.e. Rice Dream...

veganshawn
07-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Does it taste like rice ice cream though? I've found I don't like most of those- i.e. Rice Dream...

Not at all, it is really creamy and perfect sweetness. I would say it 100% oppisite of rice dream.

hazelfaern
07-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Awww. Their website is really cute :) If we ever get some round here, I'll try it out (I'm still a little partial to Temptation, cuz of their up-front vegansim and whatnot, but options are awesome :D)

bluedawg
07-28-2006, 12:13 PM
so i'm at the co-op about 30 minutes ago, and i realize they have a new mini-freezer thing as an endcap of an aisle. "weird!" i say to myself, "let's have a look inside." well, i think they're using it to showcase certain products or something, because it had stuff that was also found in the normal places, but anyway, 1/2 of the mini-freezer was filled with good karma products! "hey!" i say to myself, "this is that stuff veganshawn was talking about!"

they had a few different flavors in the pints, and some of those chocolate-dipped-ice-cream-on-a-stick things (i'm so technical), and some little sundae-cup dealies. i wasn't sure what to try; none of the flavors jumped out at me so i decided to keep thinking on it while shopping. when i got to the normal spot for ice cream, i realized that was all stocked up with good karma too! and in that spot, they had the chocolate peanut butter fudge flavor--SOLD!

i came home and tried the ice cream before i even put it in the freezer (anything for my lovely friends at VRF). it's pretty tasty! i've only had rice-based ice cream once before, and it didn't really float my boat (too dry. i know that's a totally dumb thing to say about ice cream but it was too dry.), but this is good. it's different from so(y) delicious's chocolate peanut butter zigzag because this version is more "milk chocolatey" but it holds its own. :)

neverfeltbetter
07-28-2006, 01:27 PM
after last nights so delicious cherry whatever--(do we eat alot of icecream or what?) i say the good karma wins. the so delicious had a too-soy after taste now that i have something else to compare it too. other rice-based brands are kind of 'watery' and not to 'creamy'. the carrot cake we had rocked my socks.
:drool: i want more now.

VeganArtist
07-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Awww. Their website is really cute :)It really is!!! The music is so calming. :)

bird
07-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey I saw this at the co-op today! It was above the Temptation. Guess which one won. Hee.

veganshawn
07-28-2006, 06:25 PM
What is temptation??

bluedawg
07-28-2006, 06:37 PM
What is temptation??
it's like, the best ice cream, EVAR. :happy:

http://www.welovesoy.com/

Dandelion
07-28-2006, 06:38 PM
What is temptation??
mwahahaha, SUCKER! ;)

veganshawn
07-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Wait where those the guys interviewed in Herbivore a few months back??

VeganArtist
07-28-2006, 07:31 PM
I didn't know what Temptation was either. I am SO jealous. We don't have that ANYWHERE around here. I just printed the info sheet for Wild Oats. :)

bluedawg
07-28-2006, 07:34 PM
here are a couple of threads where we talk about the wonder that is temptation:

Chicago Soy Dairy on Vegan Essentials (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=5963)

Temptation Ice Cream (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=7887)

VeganArtist
07-28-2006, 07:51 PM
here are a couple of threads where we talk about the wonder that is temptation:

Chicago Soy Dairy on Vegan Essentials (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=5963)

Temptation Ice Cream (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=7887)Thanks! I hope that Wild Oats will carry it! :silly:

**I will try not to pee my pants if they do.** :p

bird
07-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey, ain't no shame in shriekin'. The co-op people still tease me about my moment of discovery. :rolleyes: :p

VeganArtist
07-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey, ain't no shame in shriekin'. The co-op people still tease me about my moment of discovery. :rolleyes: :pHa. :D

CountAgranoff
10-29-2006, 11:36 PM
is the best stuff ever. chicago soy dairy cookie is also amazing.

anyone else had it and just love it.

-David

nutritionnerd
10-30-2006, 08:30 AM
by far my favorite store-bought non-dairy ice cream...just discovered it this summer. as for fresh...maggie mudd in SF is outta this world - they have a full service shop with the craziest vegan sundaes you could ever imagine.

neverfeltbetter
10-30-2006, 12:16 PM
by far the best! those chunks...so creamy....:drool:

CountAgranoff
10-31-2006, 02:32 PM
The chicago soy dairy cookie dough is awesome.

-David

Flower
10-31-2006, 02:35 PM
The chicago soy dairy cookie dough is awesome.

-David

Indeed it is! I like their mint chocolate chip, too.

I've only had the peanut butter & chocolate flavor in the Good Karma rice cream and really didn't care for it.

bluedawg
10-31-2006, 02:56 PM
(note: mergey-merged!)

downwithapathy
04-27-2008, 09:22 PM
I mostly ignored this thread before 'cause... whatever... I :heart: Cherry Nirvana. :p

I mostly ignored this stuff at the co-op 'cause... whatever... Rice cream isn't my thing.

Tonight I made the connection between thread and product. I bought the Very Cherry flavor. So Delicious still has my heart, but this stuff is good! Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is next. :)

downwithapathy
04-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Indeed it is! I like their mint chocolate chip, too.
Temptation has a very special place in my heart for making vegan mint chip. :heart:

panthera
04-29-2008, 07:05 PM
funny, that's the one that I um,...reeeeaaally don't like. (didn't want to call it awful names since you like it!) I like Temptation's choc chip cookie dough mixed with their chocolate. Their chocolate is great, and the cookie dough makes it interesting, and I've gotten used to having something in my ice cream.

I really wish, though, that someone could come up with an "ice cream" that isn't all airy and melty, like ice milk. It seems like you have to put it in a deep freeze to get it non-melty.

oh, and choc peanut butter zig zag, yes. that might be the only one with substance, from all that peanut butter!

downwithapathy
04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
I had the carrot cake Good Karma yesterday. SOOO much better than the Very Cherry flavor. My heart still belongs to Cherry Nirvana, though. :)

vegankitty
04-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I am going grocery shopping tomorrow and am adding carrot cake good karma to my list. I looked at their store directory and they have it at the NFS I go to. I'm also hoping to try their new organic rice milk.

panthera
04-29-2008, 11:26 PM
I think I liked their rice milk. and I think I did like the carrot cake although obviously not so much that I swoon at the memory.

vegankitty
05-04-2008, 08:50 PM
The chocolate rice milk is very good. Much better than Rice Dream.I couldn't find carrot cake rice cream after going to four stores so I got mud pie and it was good!

panthera
05-05-2008, 04:22 AM
I just found a Purely Decadent flavor that really mimics the dense creaminess of ice cream better than all the rest: cookie dough! Sorry to put that in a Good Karma thread, but I couldn't wait...

gur
05-05-2008, 02:41 PM
aha, so we had a thread already! i'll snip from the junk food thread (http://www.veganrepresent.com/forums/showpost.php?p=304974&postcount=463):

i just ate a bowl of rice divine 'mudd pie'.
i wasn't too sure about it on the first bite but i grew to like it, there's a slight mocha undertone.
okay i lied, i ate two bowls full (but they were tiny).

(and then i finished it off yesterday.:uhoh:) i forgot to say that the first bite was too rice-y. i'd definitely buy it again though and i don't even like ice cream all that much! mudd pie and carrot cake were the only two flavours that planet organic had. i was a little wary of trying the carrot cake but since it's getting good reviews here i think i'll try it at some point.

jdf
05-05-2008, 03:16 PM
I still have yet to try this stuff. I had such a bad experience in mint chip rice dream 5 or 6 years ago, I've mostly stayed clear of rice cream since then.

sitting_vegan
05-06-2008, 03:07 PM
I had the carrot cake Good Karma yesterday. SOOO much better than the Very Cherry flavor. My heart still belongs to Cherry Nirvana, though. :)

Just had Cherry Nirvana....SOOOO GOOOD!!!!!!

ahimsa
05-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I picked up some of the Mud Pie to bring to a gathering that includes a vegan (me), and a couple of friends who are gluten- and soy-sensitive. I hope it wins them over (they're big -time omni/dairy freaks). :)

michiganveganchick
05-06-2008, 04:28 PM
I tried the Mudd Pie and was really disappointed

/joykill :silly:

mamaquilla
05-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I didnt like the mud pie either :umm:

ahimsa
05-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Oh, bummar. :umm: