PDA

View Full Version : GoodSearch for the Animals

Miso Vegan
06-08-2006, 11:40 PM
www.GoodSearch.com

Every time you use this search engine (powered by yahoo) the charity of your choice earns money.

Go to www.GoodSearch.com, and search for a charity. You can suggest a charity as well.

If you don't feel like looking for one, there's Animal Protection Institute, which is the Charity of the Day tomorrow, June 9th, 2006. I have no idea what happens to a charity when they're the charity of the day. More money?

Anyway, I haven't looked it all over very much but wanted to go ahead and share the site info.

YES! You can add it to Firefox Search Bar and IE Toolbar.

Maybe Dandy can make it a special wrap tag? Pretty please?

grog
06-08-2006, 11:43 PM
www.GoodSearch.com

I think goodsearch has been mentioned before, but that is a great idea!

bird
06-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I stuck it under here (http://www.veganrepresent.com/forums/links/showlink.php?do=showdetails&l=139&catid=member&linkuserid=999) before, but I think the wrap tag idea is more useful. :sunny:

Dandelion
06-09-2006, 12:35 AM
interesting, i'll look into this.

Flower
11-01-2006, 11:56 AM
I just discovered this a few months ago. What a great thing! The charity we designated is Farm Sanctuary. :)

bluedawg
11-01-2006, 06:06 PM
i don't totally get how this works. i added it to my firefox search drop-down menu, but i have no idea if it retains the memory of "my" charity, or if i need to go to the main goodsearch page and enter it each time... does anyone know?

Miso Vegan
11-01-2006, 11:43 PM
I think it remembers you with a cookie.

but then it eated it.

grog
11-02-2006, 12:31 AM

but then it eated it.
brilliant!

bluedawg
11-02-2006, 09:29 AM

but then it eated it.
BWAH!!

green_ivy
11-30-2006, 11:39 AM
I just found out that the animal organization Compassion Over Killing is listed on GoodSearch! :thumbsup:

Maybe that's old news, but I encourage y'all to GoodSearch in their name. They've done some great work, including successful pro-veg TV ads, so they'll be in my GoodSearch for a while!

bluesky
11-30-2006, 12:54 PM
I just found out that the animal organization Compassion Over Killing is listed on GoodSearch! :thumbsup:

Maybe that's old news, but I encourage y'all to GoodSearch in their name. They've done some great work, including successful pro-veg TV ads, so they'll be in my GoodSearch for a while!

I'll use COK too, good idea. They got another tv ad on mtv recently. I don't know if it's old news and I don't mean to deride the thread but here it is:
http://www.cok.net/camp/mtv/ (short clips of graphic images)

Flower
09-21-2007, 10:38 AM
They now have goodshop (http://www.goodsearch.com/goodshopping.aspx), too!

Mr. Flower and I have had Peaceful Prairie as our charity for quite a while now. :)

Pssst! Hussies- Zappos is included in goodshop!!

:p