10 minutes abs & stretching

atouria
05-01-2006, 08:14 PM
30 min light yoga, but with lots of flowing movement
1 hr. 45 min of hip hop dance with ab work
20 min dog walking

attackferret
05-01-2006, 11:47 PM
today: about an hour trying to remember tkd on a raquetball court.

i'm starting up with club again next wednesday. red belt, here i come :)

gur
05-03-2006, 09:39 AM
i was bad and didn't post at all in april hamsters but i was keeping at it, i swear! :p

anyway;

monday:
walked the dog multiple times
10 minute abs
25 minute cardio kickboxing

tuesday:
walked the dog multiple times
wai lana yoga ('invigorating') 40 - 50 minutes? i think. heh.
70 minutes of squash (and i won three games out of four thankyouverymuch!)

bluedawg
05-03-2006, 12:02 PM
wednesday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.44 miles")
30 minutes weights
20 minutes abs & stretching

JasonSt
05-03-2006, 10:01 PM
worked out with body builder this evening. We did chest, triceps and calves. The pain...

gur
05-04-2006, 12:03 PM
^^ it's a good pain though, eh jasonSt?! :)

today:
total body strength/cardio 30 minutes
strength abs 10 minutes
stretching 10 minutes

and some dog walking to come....

JasonSt
05-04-2006, 12:09 PM
^^ it's a good pain though, eh jasonSt?! :)
Yes, for sure! :)

kikkert
05-04-2006, 12:26 PM
I've been off the tennis court since the one session last month because I need to buy new shoes... just when I narrowed it down to the pair I like the best, will work best for me, and are vegan, they up and change the style for the new season. grrrrrrr

So my workouts as of late have been digging the garden (gawd, I never knew dirt could weigh so much - but the backs of my thighs, upper arms, and back are feeling pretty damn good), push ups, sit ups, squats, leg presses, and several 20 minute power walks.

apples_for_eva
05-04-2006, 12:43 PM
5/1-
errands by bicycle with my son on the back

5/3-
40 minutes excercise bike
25 minutes weights/upper body/abs

bluedawg
05-08-2006, 10:23 AM
saturday:
30 minutes treadmill :blank: ("2.09 miles")
30 minutes weights

monday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.48 miles")
30 minutes weights
...and 2 hours dog-walking this afternoon!

Tracy G
05-08-2006, 03:00 PM
I haven't been able to exercise for a week, due to the concussion I received on 5/2. The vertigo could resolve today or linger for a full year or more. It's mentally fatiguing to keep my balance, and even light exertion makes it worse.

I plan to finally return to work for one massage client this evening. I'll try to teach both yoga classes tomorrow, as well, but I might be instructing from a seated position.

This is so bizarre. I can no longer recall hitting my head. It's similar to waking up from a dream and writing down the details before the images slip beyond conscious reach. I remembered what happened for two days afterward, but now all I can remember is my account of what happened.

apples_for_eva
05-09-2006, 12:32 PM
i have been so sluggish! i'm posting this before i do it so that i can't flake out & not do it!

5/9- 1 hour bicycling (outdoors) with kid in kid seat

if by some miracle i accomplish more than that today i'll have to post it later!

Dandelion
05-09-2006, 03:38 PM
I haven't been able to exercise for a week, due to the concussion I received on 5/2. The vertigo could resolve today or linger for a full year or more. It's mentally fatiguing to keep my balance, and even light exertion makes it worse.

I plan to finally return to work for one massage client this evening. I'll try to teach both yoga classes tomorrow, as well, but I might be instructing from a seated position.

This is so bizarre. I can no longer recall hitting my head. It's similar to waking up from a dream and writing down the details before the images slip beyond conscious reach. I remembered what happened for two days afterward, but now all I can remember is my account of what happened.
TracyG thats CRAZY! I hope you restore balance and feel better soon!

Tracy G
05-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks, Dandy. The craziest part is that I didn't fall very far or hard. I was top heavy (visualize a 99-lb. girl holding a 60-lb. dog). But the distance couldn't have been more than a foot and a half between the side of my head and the car door frame, probably less. I think there must've been rotation upon impact—it doesn't take a lot of shear to tear the axons of the neurons. Although I don't remember it, I know my head tilted to the right, based on the soreness in the left side of my neck.

I'm sure I'll eventually recover or learn to compensate. I'm not feeling at all well today, however, so I'm going to attempt only one class tonight.

I'll try to quit whining about it, since I've mentioned it on three threads already. I'm just a little scared and depressed. Exercise is how I moderate my moods, so it's a double-whammy to go without my regular walks and yoga practice while I'm trying to recover.

If I'm not better soon, I'll get a referral to a neurologist. But the stuff I've read online doesn't give me much hope that there's any treatment, other than rest and patience.

bluedawg
05-09-2006, 05:21 PM
you're not whining! it's totally okay to talk about it. it's very scary and i hope you feel like your old self again soon. :heart: hang in there. {{{Tracy G}}}

Dandelion
05-09-2006, 05:57 PM
...other than rest and patience.
don't forget vibes and love :)
{{{{{Tracy G}}}}}

grog
05-09-2006, 06:09 PM
it on three threads already. I'm just a little scared and depressed. Exercise is how I moderate my moods, so it's a double-whammy to go without my regular walks and yoga practice while I'm trying to recover.

urg, I hadn't caught this. Hugs! How sucky.

Dandelion
05-09-2006, 07:07 PM
do you see that everybody?! TracyG here can't even exercise, and we (i mean we who never post in Hamsters ;)) take it for granted. I say we Exercise for Tracy! Maybe all of our effort will find her quicker recovery. Who's in?!

trichaos
05-09-2006, 07:13 PM
hey, I'm in! I exercise regularly anyhow, but it's nice to dedicate it to someone/something... so here's to a quick recovery for TracyG! *hugs*

Last Saturday I ran a personal best time in a half marathon. Took Sunday off, then yesterday and today ran a little over 3 miles easy each day. Taking things light this week to recover before jumping into fall marathon training.

Got a massage right after my race Saturday.. first time I've done that, and I really think it made a big difference, because I wasn't too sore at all. I've heard that helps flush waste out of the muscles.

I'm signed up for a yoga class next week. Since volleyball and tennis leagues are over now, I feel a bit one-dimensional.

Dandelion
05-09-2006, 08:01 PM
After that post i rode for TracyG! Well, ok i went to whole foods but i didn't take the car. Ok the car is broked but still i thought of her when i was on the bike sweatin'. :)

Tracy G
05-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Hehee! Go hamsters! Thanks for cheering me up. :)

urg, I hadn't caught this. Hugs! How sucky.

You need to pay more attention to the shoe hussy thread. That's where all the news is happening.

atouria
05-09-2006, 09:49 PM
{{{TRACY}}} I promise to finally get up the nerve to go to the yoga center next Monday on your behalf. :) I need an excuse to get over my fear of public yoga =P

attackferret
05-09-2006, 10:28 PM
oh no! tracy, that sounds awful. i hope you feel better soon!

i have a bit of exercise to report:
thursday: half hour run
saturday: small hike, ice age trail east of devil's lake
sunday: 12 miles canoing on the wisconsin river (sauk city to arena). i thought my arms were dead as we were taking the canoe out of the water, but when i woke up it was my back that was sore and my arms were fine! really fun, i wish i could go canoing more often :)

gur
05-10-2006, 10:15 PM
do you see that everybody?! TracyG here can't even exercise, and we (i mean we who never post in Hamsters ;)) take it for granted. I say we Exercise for Tracy! Maybe all of our effort will find her quicker recovery. Who's in?!

This was for you, Tracy (hope you get better soon! :)):

Tuesday:
90 minutes of squash
multiple dog walks

Wednesday:
digging sod, moving dirt and lifting heavy, heavy (have i mentioned that it was heavy yet?) rocks and gravel, all the live long day!

apples_for_eva
05-11-2006, 03:13 PM
oh, tracy!! feel better fast, i'm sending you vibes ~~~~ those are the vibes, by the way...

5/11- 45 minutes biking with son

(and just fyi all, it worked- i knew i'd have to confess if i didn't do that ride when i posted before i went, and i did go!)

need to do abs/upper body...

attackferret
05-11-2006, 05:18 PM
wednesday: 75 minutes tae kwon do. whee!

stegan
05-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Tonight: ten minutes at a good clip on the bike.

Tomorrow: re-enter the yoga... It's been far too long I've been a slackin.

giddy-up.

Dandelion
05-17-2006, 02:44 AM
i worked out for TracyG tonight!
30 ipod minutes on the elliptical and a round of upper body exercises.
pretty pathetic to most of you hamsters i know but it's something.
now i can't sleep and i'm writing hippie posts. ;)
melatonin, take me away!

girlfallingdown
05-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Oooh, can I be a hamster??? I'm new! And now that it's getting warm again, I'm starting to exercise more!

Monday: 45 minutes of yoga
Tuesday: 1 hour Irish step dancing class
Today: who knows??

P.S. Does this thread make anyone else think of Orgazmo? "Dad, I don't think I'm gonna do hamster style anymore"

P.P.S. TracyG I hope you feel better! I know I take for granted my health until something bad happens. :(

hazelfaern
05-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Ah, TracyG, I just saw this thread... I hope you're feeling better.

My Dad had a very scary concussion a couple of years ago. My parents were involved in a car crash and my Dad hit his head on something (what, exactly, no one's sure of, even now). He was airlifted to a nearby hospital, was in the trauma center overnight, and he suffered from short-term memory loss for about a month.

And then, his symptoms just went away. He was very lucky, in that no one was sure if he'd ever regain his short-term memory.

I hope you're feeling better, soon. Hugs!

bluedawg
05-17-2006, 03:07 PM
whoops! i forgot to post!!

friday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.92 miles")
30 minutes weights

monday:
2 hours dog-walking

wednesday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.51 miles")
30 minutes weights

gur
05-17-2006, 06:15 PM
i can't remember where i left off but...

sunday:
one hour brisk walk to town with mom

monday:
gardening aaaaaaaaaall day (heavy lifting of dirt n stuff, lotsa stretching)

tuesday:
more gardening all day
1 hour of squash

wednesday:
can you guess? yep; gardening. did some very nice yoga moves whilst doing it too. :)

and lots of dog walks around the neighbourhood every day

attackferret
05-17-2006, 06:29 PM
today: somewhere in the realm of an hour and a half dog walking (i started teaching nemo to heel today! he's doing much better than expected :))

Dandelion
05-19-2006, 12:53 AM
tonight i did 30 min of elliptical only cause my muscles are way sore from the other night. i jumped too quickly into my old routine methinx.
i suffer so TracyG may get better and come back!

bluedawg
05-19-2006, 12:56 AM
thursday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.55 miles")

Tracy G
05-19-2006, 10:16 AM
It's fun to read about everyone's hamstering! Thanks for the additional get-well wishes. I'm glad your dad is better, hazelfaern.

Recovery is slow. I am learning to move around with more confidence, even when dizzy. This has allowed me to gradually return to a more normal daily routine, but I still don't feel ready to exercise. I hope to start recording my activities again when I'm able to do them.

holidayatsea
05-20-2006, 04:18 PM
sooo, i have to admit, it took me FOREVER to actually look into this "Hamster" thread and realize you guys are talking about exercise. i was always like "what IS the deal with these people and hamsters?? weird."

so, without further ado, my first hamster entry, for this week.

monday
5 mile run
15 minute leisurely bikeride (does this count?)

wednesday
4 mile run
15 minute leisurely bikeride

thursday
4 mile run

saturday
5 mile run
1 hour ultimate frisbee

sunday (tommorow)
probably a 4 mile run

grog
05-20-2006, 04:30 PM
So I've been in a good gym groove,though I forget to post. Today was upper body weights, and first thing is bench press, and my left should is just pinching and bitching for no good reason, so I had to cut a lot of exercises short or light since its pretty impossible to do stuff with a bad shoulder.

:brood:

hazelfaern
05-20-2006, 05:47 PM
sooo, i have to admit, it took me FOREVER to actually look into this "Hamster" thread and realize you guys are talking about exercise. i was always like "what IS the deal with these people and hamsters?? weird."

:laugh: Me, too! I thought it was some kind of freaky inside vegan joke and I was fraidy-scared to look for like weeks (!)

hazelfaern
05-20-2006, 05:48 PM
So I've been in a good gym groove,though I forget to post. Today was upper body weights, and first thing is bench press, and my left should is just pinching and bitching for no good reason, so I had to cut a lot of exercises short or light since its pretty impossible to do stuff with a bad shoulder.

:brood:

Aw, grog -- I hope your shoulder feels better soon :umm:

mishka
05-20-2006, 05:51 PM
I joined one of those silly running clubs - hoooo-ray!

It is a "begin to run" workshop, that does a half hour of telling you about running then 1/2 of walk/run intervals. And, apparently, they give you running "homework" :rolleyes: It starts next week.

Hello, fitness, here I come!

bluedawg
05-20-2006, 11:13 PM
hee!! i love it when people think we have a secret club about hamsters. the same thing happened to MissLovely. :)

saturday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.63 miles")
30 minutes weights

hazelfaern
05-21-2006, 07:32 AM
I joined one of those silly running clubs - hoooo-ray!

It is a "begin to run" workshop, that does a half hour of telling you about running then 1/2 of walk/run intervals. And, apparently, they give you running "homework" :rolleyes: It starts next week.

Hello, fitness, here I come!

Yay Mishka!

bluedawg
05-24-2006, 06:16 PM
monday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("4.02 miles")
30 minutes weights
1 hour 45 minutes dog-walking

wednesday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.48 miles")
30 minutes weights

Emiloid
05-24-2006, 06:45 PM
I just had to say, you guys are great! Horaaaaaay, Hamsters! Woo-hooooo!!! Yippie! (OK, maybe this 's starting to sound sarcastic!?) :p

Keep running in those hamster wheels. :)

mountainvegan
05-24-2006, 07:17 PM
(OK, maybe this 's starting to sound sarcastic!?) :p

Um...yeah? :p

I've been running, lifting, and backcountry skiing. Wooo....yay...and all that stuff. ;)

Tracy G
05-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Wednesday, 5/24/06

• gentle two-mile walk :)

bluedawg
05-25-2006, 01:45 PM
yay Tracy G! :sunny:

hazelfaern
05-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Wednesday, 5/24/06

• gentle two-mile walk :)

Yay Tracy :)

Dandelion
05-25-2006, 02:59 PM
:banana: TracyG!
gentle the hell outta that walk! :D

stegan
05-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Yay Tracy! Glad you're back on the wheel! :)

mishka
05-30-2006, 09:53 AM
last night. first running class.

still pooped, 14 hours later. and freakin' hungry!

bluedawg
05-30-2006, 11:01 AM
crap, i keep forgetting to post!

friday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.80 miles")
30 minutes weights

saturday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.83 miles")

monday:
lazy. took a rambling lazy neighborhood walk and stopped off for breakfast.

bluedawg
05-30-2006, 11:02 AM
last night. first running class.

still pooped, 14 hours later. and freakin' hungry!i'm so impressed, mishka. running is my nemesis. you rock!

bluedawg
06-02-2006, 01:32 PM
wednesday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("4.11 miles")
40 minutes weights

mishka
06-02-2006, 01:45 PM
i'm so impressed, mishka. running is my nemesis. you rock!
Thanks! I'm happy to start getting into something, and it may as well be something as super-convenient and accessible as popping out my front door* to run.

Wednesday: 1 min/4 mins run/walk intervals for 20 mins plus 5 mins warm-up and cool-down.

This morning: same.

mini yay me!

*and taking the elevator to the ground floor, and popping out the front of the building