PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Seattle - lunch or dinner this Wednesday

Vegit-8
02-07-2006, 12:56 PM
I will be driving down to Seattle today and expect to have time for lunch with someone on Wednesday....maybe at Chaco Canyon Cafe.
Any of you Seattle types interested and available?

If there was enough interest I would consider staying a bit longer so that we could have a dine-out Wednesday night.

May peace and joy be with you.
Vegit-8

mamaquilla
02-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Would love to ! :happy: lunch/dinner whatever works =] :D

jenzie
02-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Lunch tomorrow sounds great! I have to be to work by 2PMish, but anytime before that works for me! :)

Miso Vegan
02-07-2006, 05:18 PM
I can also do lunch! If it were dinner, then Nanashi and Miso Lite can come, too.

But, while I like Chaco Canyon, I'd recommend....

Wayward Cafe!!!!! :silly: :yes:

Bigger menu, larger/more tables, not as crowded at lunch, more counter-culture.... :)

Dandelion
02-07-2006, 05:29 PM
aww man!

jenzie
02-07-2006, 05:34 PM
I can also do lunch! If it were dinner, then Nanashi and Miso Lite can come, too.

But, while I like Chaco Canyon, I'd recommend....

Wayward Cafe!!!!! :silly: :yes:

Bigger menu, larger/more tables, not as crowded at lunch, more counter-culture.... :)

I'd like to do Chaco Canyon because...

1) Raw foods are good for the Wabbit! (And us! ;) )
and 2) Wayward is too smokey! :( I'd rather not have to also make time to shower in the middle of day. ;)

P.S. Maybe you guys can go to Wayward for dinner? Then everybody is happy! :D

jenzie
02-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Anyway, what time were we thinkin' of meeting up?

Miso Vegan
02-07-2006, 05:54 PM
I'd like to do Chaco Canyon because...

1) Raw foods are good for the Wabbit! (And us! ;) )
and 2) Wayward is too smokey! :( I'd rather not have to also make time to shower in the middle of day. ;)

P.S. Maybe you guys can go to Wayward for dinner? Then everybody is happy! :D

Oh, FINE.

:)

I like Chaco Canyon.
I can do whatever time works. Whomever arrives first, grab/combine tables....

gladcow
02-07-2006, 06:27 PM
soo jealous. :brood:

whydontcha just all come down to Salem?

what? it's not that far.... :blank:

Vegit-8
02-07-2006, 06:33 PM
I am now in Enumclaw. It was a good drive down and I managed to miss the I-5 craziness by coming through Seattle at about 2 PM.

I am so excited about meeting some of you for lunch tomorrow ( Wed ) at Chaco Canyon. How about noon. It works well for me and looks like it will give Jenzie some time to join us. I would happy to meet sooner Jenzie. Maybe go for a walk or something. Anyone else into that?

Thanks for suggesting Wayward MSV, but I am really attached to some raw goodness at Chaco Canyon.:) Maybe another time. I love trying new places.

Wabbit

mamaquilla
02-07-2006, 06:54 PM
noon at chaco works for me =]
:happy:

Vegit-8
02-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Yay Jenzie, Miso Vegan, and mamaquilla. I look forward to seeing you there at noon, and anyone else who can join us. :)

May peace and joy be with us all.
Vegit-8

Miso Vegan
02-08-2006, 12:20 AM
see you then!

bird
02-08-2006, 05:43 AM
Sorry I will miss you, Vegit-8, but I have an interview at 11:30. Everyone else will be responsible for giving you extra hugs on my behalf. :kiss:

Miso Vegan
02-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Ah, a lovely lunch was had by all! Chaco Canyon's rawness shone, as usual. I put a picture in the gallery - I'll do a close-up of the food for this thread, after my son gets his computer-game time.
We then took a little jaunt over to Sidecar, where we bought only healthy vegan foods. :uhoh:

It was particularly nice to meet the very personable Vegit-8 and fun, as always, to see MamaQ!

jenzie and cymraeg, sorry you weren't able to join us. :( Cym and I were thinking of a weekend thing, so maybe we can make it a group excursion....?

mamaquilla
02-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks for taking us over to Sidecar Miso, it was a yummy excusion ;)

Well I now know why the sun is shining here, blue skys and breezes, the Wabbit was a ray of sunshine and it had to be here to greet him :sunny:
It was a lovely lunch, come see us again sooooooooon!

Let me know if you plan anything for this weekend =]

Miso Vegan
02-08-2006, 09:22 PM
soo jealous. :brood:

whydontcha just all come down to Salem?

what? it's not that far.... :blank:

gladcow, why don't you move to Seattle?

what? it's not that far....

how far is Salem from Portland? I have an aunt/family that just moved there, and some day soon I'll visit them....

gladcow
02-08-2006, 09:31 PM
gladcow, why don't you move to Seattle?

what? it's not that far....

how far is Salem from Portland? I have an aunt/family that just moved there, and some day soon I'll visit them....
Salem is about an hour south. Driving to Portland is no big deal to me, but Seattle, oi. The kidlets are not happy during that long drive. ugh.

Would love to move to Seattle. It's the plan when the kids go to college, actually. Leave them in the house and go find somewhere else to live! :laugh: Only 13.5 years away!

mamaquilla
02-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Well then we need to plan a big' ol west coast vrf shindig! ok anyone could come but it would be on the west coast ;) :D

Dandelion
02-08-2006, 11:55 PM
please refer to this thread (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=7422) spawned from a late night chat session. ;)

Vegit-8
02-09-2006, 12:06 AM
What a wonderful visit. I was so delighted to have lunch with Miso Vegan and mamaquilla (VRF is virtual home to the bestest people) - and what a great lunch it was too.
Although I did my best to eat everything on the raw menu I have to admit that I hardly made a dent in it, so I am just going to have to go back soon. :)
I am also looking forward to doing some shopping at Sidecar when next I get to Seattle. What a great little shop. I hope to buy some shoes and hiking boots.
Special thanks to you guys (Seattle VRFers) for arranging for the sunny weather. A nice touch to a great day. :sunny:

Hopefully jenzie will be able to join us next time, and cymraegrrl too.

Vegit-8