PDA

View Full Version : Need a Vegan Roommate ASAP! (Chicago area)

blackvegan
10-04-2005, 01:51 AM
Here is what was posted on Craigslist:

Vegetarian/Vegan household seeks roommate. 3 Bedroom, 1 Bath, living room, dining room, kitchen and porch area with free laundry in basement. Available October 1st. $350/month (heat incl) plus $350 security and 1/3 utilities. Ukranian Village. Close to CTA trains and bus lines. No Pets, please. Call 773-384-2115 for more info.

PLUS--No smoking, outside only. Lots of bars and coffee shops. Plenty of grocery stores in the neighborhood. This is in the heart of the Ukrainian Village in Chicago.

About me--Latino male, vegan, bi, artist (painter/object maker), late twenties. I work in a art gallery during the day. Alumni from the Art Institute of Chicago, graduated last year.

About the other roommate--White male, straight, vegetarian, film maker, mid-thirties.

MissLovely
10-04-2005, 09:27 AM
gee wiz rent is on the cheap in chi town!

attackferret
10-04-2005, 10:45 AM
gee wiz rent is on the cheap in chi town!no kidding! That's cheaper than bloomington, and I'd always heard our rent was dirt cheap.

blackvegan
10-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Wanna check out the place? :)

anita riot
10-04-2005, 05:22 PM
iam literally packing my bags as we speak for a place on california and milwaukee that im not sure(due to a stupid credit report that i cant figure out) ill even get---the set up sounds perfect but PLEASE how negotiable is the pet thing---look thru the gallery for anita riot the cutest vegan pit in the world ---then say NO unless your landlord wont budge but let me know---otherwise besides craiglist & the reader since u r in chicago what is another good source 2 find places if this one in logan square falls thru due to my crappy computer skills or understandment of how to correctly fill out a credit report---been :confused: working on annualcreditreport.com for 3 days with no luck

ConsciousCuisine
10-04-2005, 05:54 PM
iam literally packing my bags as we speak for a place on california and milwaukee that im not sure(due to a stupid credit report that i cant figure out) ill even get---the set up sounds perfect but PLEASE how negotiable is the pet thing---look thru the gallery for anita riot the cutest vegan pit in the world ---then say NO unless your landlord wont budge but let me know---otherwise besides craiglist & the reader since u r in chicago what is another good source 2 find places if this one in logan square falls thru due to my crappy computer skills or understandment of how to correctly fill out a credit report---been :confused: working on annualcreditreport.com for 3 days with no luck

Wow. If your state of mind is reflected in that run-on-adrenaline-rush-sentance, I sure hope things calm down for you soon! My thoughts are with you :)

As for the OP, I hope you find a vegetarian or tolerant vegan to room with!

blackvegan
10-04-2005, 07:44 PM

Umm, OK. Just call me @ 773-384-2115 if things don't work out for you and if you want to see the place. The fact that you are a vegan is a BIG plus. As for the pit bull, I would welcome the creature with open arms. It's the other roommate that doesn't want to live with animals. He is only a vegetarian anyway--jerk. The landlord has no say in who (both human and non-human) moves in. It is strickly a roommate decision.

blackvegan
10-05-2005, 02:22 PM

I did a credit report on myself. Can you tell me how I can fake my own death? Know of a good way? Maybe I should just leave the country. I knew it was bad, but not THAT bad!

attackferret
10-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Can you tell me how I can fake my own death? Know of a good way?Ha! My grandma was getting a huge amount of junkmail from this one company years ago, and they wouldn't take her off the lists so she could quit getting it. So she wrote a letter (supposedly from my uncle) explaining how she had just passed away, and recieving mail for her was painful for him. She stopped getting the mail :)

anita riot
10-06-2005, 06:57 AM
i still havent found a place---sitting here staring at boxes of my crap---finalyy did my credit report and yes i too would like to fake my own death due to a trail of hospital bills for the various cities ive lived in ----if anyone sees me selling street wise please buy one -----AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!
stress stress stress stress stress stress stress stress :mad:

blackvegan
10-07-2005, 02:32 AM
i still havent found a place---sitting here staring at boxes of my crap---finalyy did my credit report and yes i too would like to fake my own death due to a trail of hospital bills for the various cities ive lived in ----if anyone sees me selling street wise please buy one -----AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!
stress stress stress stress stress stress stress stress :mad:

i'll take two issues of street wise please!

hey the place is still available. do you still have the dog? that may be may be problem with the other roommate, not me however. give me a call if you are still looking by the time you get around to reading this.

please note there is no lease here, it's a month-to-month basis. no intrusive credit checks ;) think about it if you are OK living with 2 weird artsy, but very nice guys. we would have to meet you very soon, because the rent is due in a few days here.