PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for anything

Vegan_Kisses
09-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Am a new Vegan and live in Kenosha was wondering if you guys ever do fun things, like conversation circles. It would give me a chance to interact personally with more Vegans... since I don't know any sadly :p

Dandelion
09-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Well you've come to right place... wait, i'm having deja vu (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=4068)! :)

more recently there's a screening coming up (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=6810) Sunday Sept 11th.

grog
09-08-2005, 09:52 PM
There aren't any vegans in Chicago, I'd suggest you try Texas or Kansas :blank:

bird
09-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Wow - that is still really, really funny, even after Dandelion's post. :laugh:

Vegan_Kisses
09-08-2005, 10:24 PM
:laugh: Too funny... well I live in Wisconsin way worst, really no Vegans here, in fact I am stoned when I leave the house :p hehe I will try my best to make it on Sunday... Evanston is far, but seems worth the mileage :silly:

bluemango
09-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Hehe for a sec there I thought you were saying you were stoned in the OTHER way every time you left the house. I thought, "Well, alright, but how on earth does that help anything?"

I'm dumb.

But welcome :)

walrus
09-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Hehe for a sec there I thought you were saying you were stoned in the OTHER way every time you left the house. I thought, "Well, alright, but how on earth does that help anything?" I'm dumb. But welcome :)
If you're dumb then so am I, for I thought the same thing. Had you not said something I would've forver associated Vegan_Kisses as being stoned every time she walks out the door. Tells you where my minds is, eh, eh??!!

bird
09-08-2005, 11:11 PM
I live in Wisconsin way worst, really no Vegans hereYou're in luck! We've got some really groovy members in Wisconsin! :D bluedawg's in Milwaukee, Oatmeal Girl's in Appleton, and spacehippy's in Madison. That's just off the top of my head; I hope I didn't forget anyone. :worried:

spacehippy
09-09-2005, 01:59 AM
Madison itself has LOTS of vegans. I currently have something like five vegan housemates! There is a very active animal rights scene in Madison. A very useful website for here is: http://www.vegmadison.com/

Kenosha is far from Madison, right?

bird
09-09-2005, 02:15 AM
Isn't Kenosha halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, an hour each way? I think I learned that when Anthony Edwards's character tried commuting from Kenosha to County General during that season of E.R. when he was trying to save his marriage to Jen.

I swear I really don't watch as much TV as it seems like I do! I just have a good memory. :embarr:

bluedawg
09-09-2005, 10:13 AM
hee!!!! cymraegrrl, that was the cutest. i didn't watch ER yet back then; i had no idea kenosha was ever featured. :)

but yes, you're about right. i think it's more like 45 minutes from each place, but of course it depends a little bit on where (exactly) you're coming from and going to.

Vegan_Kisses
09-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Hehe for a sec there I thought you were saying you were stoned in the OTHER way every time you left the house. I thought, "Well, alright, but how on earth does that help anything?"

I'm dumb.

But welcome :)

Too funny :laugh: and thanks :happy: I do hugs not drugs though :silly:

Yeah I am an hour from Chicago and an hour from Milwaukee... I am optimistic about it though, I have the best of both worlds :silly: