PDA

View Full Version : feline01's rather boring vegan story

feline01
06-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Here it goes:

I was dabbling in vegetarianism from about 1994-1995 before finally committing to being an ovo-lacto veggy. I met my now-husband in 1996 and though he respected me being vegetarian, he was adamant that he could never give up meat, he loved it too much. He respected my wish (order ;) ) to not allow dead animal in our apartment but he would eat it when we ate out (which we did alot). I began reading more and more about animals and how they were treated and would read excerpts from sources like Fast Food Nation and PETA literature. I also began showing him online videos. We slowly began replacing items in our house like buying Earth Balance margarine instead of butter and soymilk. He gave up all dead animals except fish by 2000 and by fall of 2001, he gave up fish as well. By October 2002, he decided that he had enough hypocrisy and went vegan and I shortly followed. We decided to start a family the following year and knew that we were going to raise our child vegan. We were blessed and instead of raising one child vegan, we are now raising 2 vegan children :D . Veganism is honestly the second best decision I made in my life, the first being to change my mind after 25 years of knowing I was not going to have a child.

dropscone
06-14-2005, 04:08 PM
That's not a boring story at all, it's a nice one. Congratulations on your vegan family, and welcome :D

mamaquilla
06-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Its not boring, its wonderful ! thanks for sharing your story. Did you have twins? How is it going raising the kiddies vegan? :happy:

stegan
06-14-2005, 04:23 PM
boring, schmoring- welcome!

feline01
06-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Its not boring, its wonderful ! thanks for sharing your story. Did you have twins? How is it going raising the kiddies vegan? :happy:
Yup, I have 13-month old twins, for a looksie: Vegan Twins (www.vegantwins.com) :D

I can't give any experience in raising children other than vegan but it's going great, they're both very healthy and happy. Everyone always comments on what happy babies they are, my belief is because they are not consuming murdered souls.

Artichoke47
06-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey, Feline! How are you?

:cartwheel:

jenzie
06-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Your story wasn't the least bit boring! What prompted you to change your mind about having kids?

Welcome to VRF! :)

bluedawg
06-14-2005, 04:40 PM
welcome to VRF, feline01! :sunny: i recognize you from out 'n about. :) i hope you enjoy it here.

your twins are gorgeous! thanks for sharing them with us.

feline01
06-14-2005, 04:44 PM
What prompted you to change your mind about having kids?
I have absolutely no idea. I really never wanted kids, I started talking about getting my tubes tied by age 13 and told my husband from the day we met that I wasn't having kids then I hit 34 or so and something in me just went, hmm, maybe a kid wouldn't be sooo bad. Then I really, really wanted to have a child, that's when I actually told my husband about my thoughts. I'm still not fond of babies especially when they are really little but they get cuter as they get older :p

jenzie
06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
I have absolutely no idea. I really never wanted kids, I started talking about getting my tubes tied by age 13 and told my husband from the day we met that I wasn't having kids then I hit 34 or so and something in me just went, hmm, maybe a kid wouldn't be sooo bad. Then I really, really wanted to have a child, that's when I actually told my husband about my thoughts. I'm still not fond of babies especially when they are really little but they get cuter as they get older :p

Cool! I was just curious since I'm in the "not wanting to have kids camp." As it stands now I can't see myself ever having/wanting children (except possibly adoption), but I guess you never know. ;)

bird
06-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Welcome, feline!

spasticastic
06-14-2005, 09:05 PM
That was a good story. However, we can't be friends since you don't like flaming-hot summer. I'm sorry, but it has to be that way. Welcome to this forum, you can still be friends with everybody else.

Okay, I'm just joking about the summer thing, but I wasn't joking about the "welcome" thing and the "nice story" thing.

JasperKat
06-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Hey, I know you! Welcome to VRF, Feline! You can be friends with me, I'm a fellow sticky-summer-heat hater. :happy:

-JK

LazyGirl
06-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Welcome!
:banana: