PDA

View Full Version : How do you pronounce "Vegan"?

spacehippy
04-21-2003, 04:48 AM
How do you pronounce the word "vegan"? I always say "vee-gan" but my family insists on "vay-gun" for the most part and occasionally "vej-un."

hmm...I wonder if I know how to do a poll right...

penfold
04-21-2003, 05:33 AM
VEE-g'n in Britain (which i hold to be correct but REALLY horrible)

Ve-GAHN in Sweden (which is correct in swedish and much nicer, i think)

shedonteatmeat
04-21-2003, 09:52 AM
finally trained myself to say "vEE-G'n" instead of rhumes-with-veggin ...as in veg-etarian. Thought it made more sense that way!

:D

Lacykitten
04-21-2003, 10:06 AM
"VEE-gan" here as well..

Though I agree, it should sound like VEG(etari)an because that would confuse a lot less people. ;)

My mom says "vay-gun" a lot, as do some other people, and then they get me saying it like that.. lol.

Dandelion
04-21-2003, 12:16 PM
"Vee-g'n" here too.

VAY-gn sounds too pretentious
vegg'n sounds like it's about vegetables- which it isn't.

(nice biased poll ;))

herbi
04-21-2003, 10:41 PM
There are three full-time staffers (incl me & the Director) at my work and multiple volunteers who are all VEE-g'ns, and yet there's another (omni) woman who works there who INSISTS on saying "VAY-gun". Argh! (I like the "ray gun" comparison... hee hee!)

Vegit-8
04-21-2003, 10:55 PM
Call me vee-gun, vay-gn, vay-gun, vee-gn, veg-an...just don't call me late for any of the above. :p

I think I usually use vay-gahn or vee-gn...I will have to take note in future.

May peace and joy be with you.
Vegit-8

Dandelion
04-21-2003, 11:02 PM
a coworker of mine insists on saying "VAY-gun" too. What's with that?
He just LOVES announcing that i'm "VAY-gun". He's so proud of himself. Makes me sound like i'm from the planet Vega or somethin.

Originally posted by herbi
There are three full-time staffers (incl me & the Director) at my work and multiple volunteers who are all VEE-g'ns, and yet there's another (omni) woman who works there who INSISTS on saying "VAY-gun". Argh! (I like the "ray gun" comparison... hee hee!)

herbi
04-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Dandelion
Makes me sound like i'm from the planet Vega or somethin.

Exactly! :)

Husky Corn Star
04-21-2003, 11:55 PM
how do you pronounce it?

with a deft combination of my vocal chords, mouth, tounge and brain ;)

EmetShamash
04-22-2003, 01:32 AM
We got alla dem payple oo ay FAY-gun aroun thah TAX-ath re-geeun an wee gawt tha peepa dah down ay tha nyetta S (have you ever heard anyone talk like this?, it is amazing that they cannot pronounce certain letters like S) Anyway, it is a southern thing around Texas to say vay-gun just like we say Thay dunnit naow cawlin Fay Dunnaway a nancy. an stuff...:confused:

penfold
04-22-2003, 01:38 AM
i lik the VAY-gun pronunciation, it sounds much nicer to me than VEE-gun. VEEEEEEEEE ... sounds horrible...all meeeeeeaaaaaan :p :p :p

raoul_duke
04-22-2003, 09:44 AM
first off i think that english pronounciation is a train wreck.
there are a lot of words that sound the same but are totally different in meaning and it's not initially clear how to write something or even what is meant by someone ...

now i should be clear that english is not my native language (which is german). here you have the alphabeth and every letter, no meather in which word it it ocurese, sounds like in the alpabeth.

so in german you would pronounce it something like:
v - like the 'w' in 'water'
e - like the 'e' in 'ecstasy'
g - like the 'g' in 'gore'
a - like the 'a' in 'AAAAA, you shot me in the foot'
n - like the '' in 'nation'

it's the same every language with this nice little 'feature' (german, swedish, japanese [i think] ...)
and it sounds nicer that way IMHO

so long

Lacykitten
04-22-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure what you mean about every letter sounding like the alphabet regardless of what word it's in? Did you mean in German? I'm not familiar with German so I'm not sure.. but I know in English there are various letters with hard and soft sounds, etc..

raoul_duke
04-22-2003, 11:26 AM
well

in german you have the for example the 'A'
now it doesn't matter where you use the 'A', it will always sound the same:
adolf, waffe, axt, platz ...

in english i don't think it's the same
the last time i got confronted with this is as a friend of mine pronounced 'drum & bass' not as 'base' (which is correct according to my oxford students dictionary). oh and there is 'bass' which is 'a kind of fish used as food, caught in rivers, lakes an in the sea' which is pronounced as /baes/

so, see my point?

Vegit-8
04-22-2003, 12:04 PM
Raoul....your absolutely right. English has a lot of formal and arbitrary rules for how to pronounce different letters and combinations of letters at differnt times.
Keeps things interesting, if not consistant.:p

May peace and joy be with you.
Vegit-8

V, as in vegetable
E, as in edge
G, as in gyrate
I, as in ick
T, as tick
8, as in what I did at breakfast

karabear
04-22-2003, 02:45 PM
i say vee-gan BUT i've read a lot of old books (from the 60s mostly) and they all say it should be pronounced vej-an, which does technically make more sense. i wonder why the pronunciation changed...

personally, i think we should come up with a new word for vegan. vee-gan and vej-an both sound icky. we need something catchy and nice sounding. we could start a new trend! any suggestions?

shade
04-23-2003, 07:07 AM
I say "VEE-Gin" (hard G sound, soft i sound) first syllable is more pronounced.
However, my mom likes to call it "VAY-Gahn"

herbi
04-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Sonja
...but FAR more importantly, 'AAAAA, you shot me in the foot' cracked me up.

Me too!!! :laugh:

Sacredlrose
04-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Opps I clicked vay gun by accident because I thought it said vee gun which is how I pronounce it (which is not up their by the way!)

shade
04-25-2003, 01:13 PM
with the "vee-gan" pernunciation is the a in there does it sound like what is does in something like "cat" or is it more like a "in" sound at the end? "vee-gAAAAN" sounds funny to me.

I stick by my "vee-gin".

Lacykitten
01-31-2005, 02:35 AM
I voted "VEE-GUN" but it's more "VEE-GAN."

Lacykitten
01-31-2005, 02:36 AM
I still think it should be pronounced veg as in vegetable or vegetarian, - an :)

dropscone
01-31-2005, 02:57 AM
I still think it should be pronounced veg as in vegetable or vegetarian, - an :)

hehe, someone where I work started to do that and then stopped confused (she doesn't really get the concept and I think I may be the first vegan she's met), and unfortunately I laughed at her and then she sulked for about 10 minutes :uhoh: :rolleyes:

Rebbie
01-31-2005, 03:22 AM
I just really don't like the way that vay-gun sounds. When people ask me stuff like, "So, how long have you been vay-gun?" then I like to stare at them blankly until they pronounce it the way I like it. I'm weird like that.
I was looking around on Internet and read somewhere that the "official" pronunciation is in fact vay-gun and this bothered me.

lex_talionis
01-31-2005, 09:41 AM
"K-eye-n-der"

Tracy G
01-31-2005, 09:53 AM
William Safire actually just wrote an On Language column about this subject. IMO (and a lot of other people's), the correct pronunciation is VEE-gan. Why? Because that's how Donald Watson, the person who coined the term in the 1940s, pronounces it.

"No Meat on these bones: Parsing the roots of 'vegan'" (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/editorial/outlook/3014688)

Terry
01-31-2005, 09:58 AM
I voted "vee-gun," as did apparently everyone else to this point, but I like the sound of "vay-gun." It sounds like someone from Vega--that's a star in Lyra, about 40 light years away, I think. The Ring Nebula's right there in that part of the sky.

Tracy G
01-31-2005, 10:18 AM
Yay, astronomy! Tangential fun fact: due to precession (the extremely slow change in the orientation of the Earth's axis), Vega will eventually replace Polaris as the Pole Star around 12,000 AD.

zatoichi
01-31-2005, 10:22 AM
i wasn't even aware that the pronunciation was in question..

Terry
01-31-2005, 10:33 AM
Maybe in 12,000 years we could completely confuse the issue and call ourselves "Polarians!"

It's monday--forgive me. :-)

Emiloid
03-18-2005, 02:31 PM
*bump*

Hey y'all. There was a thread about this before, but now it's gone.... I don't know what happened. :( Anyway, we can continue the conversation even without the old posts, right?

seitanicvegan
03-18-2005, 03:23 PM
When the term was first invented in Britain in 1944, the pronunciation was decided to be "vee-gun." I can't find anything that says the American Vegan Society changed pronunciation.

Linguistically, the word can't really be pronounced "vee-jun" or "vay-jun" (i.e., with a soft "g") although I can see why some might say "vay-gun." I prefer "vee-gun" because veganism is different than vegetarianism, so this pronunciation reflects this difference.

Husky Corn Star
03-22-2005, 03:02 AM
My way or not at all !

oldradical
05-22-2005, 02:47 PM
veh-juhn As in 'vegetable'. This seems to me obvious, but I think I'ver heard it pronounced this way only once.

exhume to consume
12-06-2005, 07:33 PM
hahaha, im the only person in the 2 year history of this poll who picked we-gan. i'm glad those trips to germany paid off!

the best part was when a vegan guy said on stage "this song goes out to all the vegatarians and wegans." when later asked "so if you say wegan not vegan, why dont you say wegetarian?" the reply? "because thats f**king styoopid!" "but wegan isnt?" "no, of course not." :huh:

GliondrachM
12-14-2005, 06:21 AM
I think that vaygun is the way that many Americans see the word. Don't most of them pronounce the name 'Megan' as 'Maygan'? It should, of course, be Meg an, rhyming with beggin'. Having said that, my cousin Megan's name was always pronounced by us as Meegan.

mishka
12-14-2005, 11:25 AM
the best part was when a vegan guy said on stage "this song goes out to all the vegatarians and wegans." when later asked "so if you say wegan not vegan, why dont you say wegetarian?" the reply? "because thats f**king styoopid!" "but wegan isnt?" "no, of course not." :huh:

okay - 3 years of taking German has kicked in...

if it is spelled "vegan", wouldn't it be prounounced "feegan" or "faygan" auf deutsch? cuz it would be pronounced with a "v" if it were spelled "wegan"...?
:silly:

Miso Vegan
12-14-2005, 11:54 AM
I think that vaygun is the way that many Americans see the word. Don't most of them pronounce the name 'Megan' as 'Maygan'?
Well, I don't know which Americans you've been talkin' to, but I've nearly always heard vee-g'n. Just because Megan is spelled the same doesn't mean it's pronounced the same. Different etymology!
Every once in awhile (like, from my mom) I'll hear vay-gan, but it's pretty rare IME.

Old Radical, it has occured to me that veh-juhn is possible because it's how vegetables start, but a G followed by an A should be hard, according to common grammar rules.
That, and, that's the way it was decided by the guy who coined the term.

But the real question is... How do y'all pronounce Vegenaise?!

gur
12-14-2005, 12:25 PM

uh HUH!!!! :p isn't there a thread about that around here somewhere?
hmmm............
(for the record, i pronounce it "veegun- ayze" but i suspect i'm the only one.

oh yeah, veeg'n all the way! I can't stand "vaygun" ack!

ConsciousCuisine
12-14-2005, 12:38 PM

Well, according to the person who created this divine concoction, it's VEG-uh-naise...I heard him say it as such, and more than once ;)

I still slip and call it VEGAN-aise myself :p

Miso Vegan
12-14-2005, 12:48 PM
uh HUH!!!! :p isn't there a thread about that around here somewhere?
hmmm............
(for the record, i pronounce it "veegun- ayze" but i suspect i'm the only one.)
Oh, don't make me look for an old thread.

I go back and forth - I think I've even got Nanashi all confused on it.

It's not necessarily taking its name from "vegan," or else it'd be spelled veganaise. And of course, then we'd still have to agree on how we pronounce vegan. :p

G followed by an E can be hard or soft.... (get, gel)

If it's hard G, then hard-G long-E VEEGenaise simply works more easily on my tongue than hard-G, short-E VEGenaise (geez, who would say that?!).

But if it's a soft G, then vehjenaise is quite pleasant and reasonable, and follows the same logic as "vegetables."

Which doesn't answer the question at all. :confused: Anyone wanna call Follow Your Heart? Wait! I know the woman, indirectly (does that count as someone famous? Should I switch threads?).

Miso Vegan
12-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Well, according to the person who created this divine concoction, it's VEG-uh-naise...I heard him say it as such, and more than once ;)

I still slip and call it VEGAN-aise myself :p
Oh, I see your post now, after I wrote that long one....!
So, is that a soft G ("j")?

ConsciousCuisine
12-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Oh, I see your post now, after I wrote that long one....!
So, is that a soft G ("j")?

Yes, that is correct...I should have written it phonetically...VEJ ;)

gur
12-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Oh, don't make me look for an old thread.

I go back and forth - I think I've even got Nanashi all confused on it.

It's not necessarily taking its name from "vegan," or else it'd be spelled veganaise. And of course, then we'd still have to agree on how we pronounce vegan. :p

G followed by an E can be hard or soft.... (get, gel)

If it's hard G, then hard-G long-E VEEGenaise simply works more easily on my tongue than hard-G, short-E VEGenaise (geez, who would say that?!).

But if it's a soft G, then vehjenaise is quite pleasant and reasonable, and follows the same logic as "vegetables."

all right! all right! i'll walk in the mud! sheesh ;)

i only pronounce it "veegunaise" because it's a vegan product. and i'm used to saying "veeg'n" so there! :p ;)

mishka
12-14-2005, 01:11 PM
i only pronounce it "veegunaise" because it's a vegan product. and i'm used to saying "veeg'n" so there! :p ;)
Let's claim it as the Canadian way - like "aboot"!

Emiloid
12-14-2005, 01:18 PM
In my experience, most vegans in the US say "vee-gn" and other people say "vay-gun".

G'M, your "Megan" analogy makes a lot of sense. "Vegan" might also seem similar to "Las Vegas" or "Degas", I suppose.

exhume to consume
12-14-2005, 01:43 PM
okay - 3 years of taking German has kicked in...

if it is spelled "vegan", wouldn't it be prounounced "feegan" or "faygan" auf deutsch? cuz it would be pronounced with a "v" if it were spelled "wegan"...?
:silly:
i never took any german classes, but those people definitely say "wee-gun"

they also call a van a "wan"

and they call the band carnivore "carniwar"

the list goes on.

bird
12-14-2005, 05:05 PM
I think that vaygun is the way that many Americans see the word. Don't most of them pronounce the name 'Megan' as 'Maygan'? It should, of course, be Meg an, rhyming with beggin'.Plenty of Americans pronounce Megan as 'Meggin'. At least where I grew up (NYC) it was much, much more common to hear 'Meggin' than 'Maygan', and the short version of Megan was always 'Meg', not 'May'.

attackferret
12-14-2005, 05:15 PM
i've also never heard 'maygan' - always meggin :)

mishka
12-14-2005, 05:17 PM
i've also never heard 'maygan' - always meggin :)
I knew a mee-g'n. just like vee-g'n.

bird
12-14-2005, 05:53 PM
i've also never heard 'maygan' - always meggin :)'Maygan' isn't totally unfamiliar to me, but I know I don't personally know a Megan who pronounces her name that way, so I'm guessing that I must have heard it in the media at some point.

Emiloid
12-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Huh, that's odd... I can distinguish between "May-gan" and "Meh-gun"/"Meggin" only if I try really hard. Ditto for "vee-gun", and "vee-gn". They're practically the same! :confused:

gur
12-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Let's claim it as the Canadian way - like "aboot"!
hehe....yeah, i saw that you'd written "aboot" in the shoutbox. you silly canadian, you. ;)

MissLovely
03-23-2006, 04:20 PM
I only say vay-gun when singing along with Propaghandi.

oldradical
03-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Logically, I would think it should be pronounced the same way as the first part of 'vegetarian,' i.e., veh-jehn. However, for no reason I've ever been able to figure out, I almost always have heard it pronounced 'vee-guhn.'

Another mystery.

Quincy
03-24-2006, 11:34 AM
I used to "assume" that the pronounciation was "vay-gun" but over the past week or two, I've finally gotten myself to consistently use "vee-gun". My grandfather pronounces it "vee-jun"...I found out that two days ago.

Miso Vegan
03-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Logically, I would think it should be pronounced the same way as the first part of 'vegetarian,' i.e., veh-jehn. However, for no reason I've ever been able to figure out, I almost always have heard it pronounced 'vee-guhn.'

Another mystery.
OR, you mean after all this discussion, it's still a mystery?
I propose there are two reasons why.
1) The guy who coined the term said so, when he took the beginning and end of vegetarian. He probably picked the hard G pronunciation because
2) a G followed by an A becomes a hard G.

It almost doesn't matter if it makes grammatical sense (which it does) if the guy who created the word said it's pronounced thusly. I mean, if I create a word, don't I get to declare it's pronunciation?
Oh, the power!!!

Cujo
03-25-2006, 09:09 AM
I actually say VEE-GAN :confused:

Miso Vegan
03-25-2006, 02:43 PM
That's about right, seems to be the consensus. Tho most of us swallow the A so it's more of Vee'gn. But not VEEEEgan, like Steve the Vegan exaggerates. :) I'll let OR post the link, tho it's around here somewhere.

YogaChick
03-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I picked vee-gun but really i say it vee-gen

hehe :)

hazelfaern
04-18-2006, 02:19 AM
I knew a mee-g'n. just like vee-g'n.

The irony is, there's a member here whose username is VeganMegan and I always read it as "vee-gen mee-gen" and then stop and wonder if that's right. I wonder how she pronounces it? Vay-gun May-gun? Vej-in Mej-in?

And drat, I never even noticed the second e in vegenaise -- I've always pronounced that word as vee-gan-aise.

I like vee-gun, emphasis on the first syll-ab-el. I do think it helps create more of a differentiation between veganism and vegetarianism and it's nice that it keeps omnis from mentally assuming that all I eat is vegetables.

apples_for_eva
04-18-2006, 05:40 PM
i say vee-gun.

i had no idea 'vay-gun' was even a way to say it. the only person i've ever heard say that was this nurse at our pediatrican's office. i thought she was just a weirdo, until i saw this thread... apparantly she's not the only one in the universe who says that!

Emiloid
04-18-2006, 05:50 PM
My Mom has started spelling it veegan to remind herself to pronounce it correctly. :p Maybe once she gets that part down, she'll have to practice spelling it right again... and then she'll eventually start saying it wrong again... and she'll have to go back to spelling it wrong so she can say it right... and then the world will blow up and ants will take over the solar system.

quagga
04-18-2006, 07:20 PM
My Mom has started spelling it veegan to remind herself to pronounce it correctly. :p Maybe once she gets that part down, she'll have to practice spelling it right again... and then she'll eventually start saying it wrong again... and she'll have to go back to spelling it wrong so she can say it right... and then the world will blow up and ants will take over the solar system.

I think the mice are already running things.

hazelfaern
04-18-2006, 10:38 PM
I think the mice are already running things.

Or they are according to Douglas Adams.
(http://douglasadams.com/cgi-bin/mboard/info/dnathread.cgi?1788,4)

Tigerlily
11-02-2006, 07:17 PM
This thread is old but it still needs more replies from newer members. ^_^

I say "vee-g'n", I think.

I made a .wav file of how I say it.

http://download.yousendit.com/21A271F413D2BEBC

And if Yousendit no longer works:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MS9ADP0M

grog
11-02-2006, 07:19 PM
you said "veegan" which is how normal people say it ;)

and dang! sexy voice. :drool:

downwithapathy
11-02-2006, 07:20 PM
This thread is old but it still needs more replies from newer members. ^_^

I say "vee-g'n", I think.

I made a .wav file of how I say it.

http://download.yousendit.com/21A271F413D2BEBC

And if Yousendit no longer works:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MS9ADP0M
OMG, now I want to know what all of you sound like. Who wants to leave me voicemail? Seriously. :p

grog
11-02-2006, 07:20 PM
you can hear me via my blogs in places.

downwithapathy
11-02-2006, 07:21 PM
you can hear me via my blogs in places.
Then you don't count.

moonflower
11-02-2006, 07:23 PM
i need to know who's saying we-gan

grog
11-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Then you don't count.
What?!
I'm starting to hate you.

downwithapathy
11-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Takers get to learn how I pronounce my name!

grog
11-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Takers get to learn how I pronounce my name!

sawn-ya

:brood:

downwithapathy
11-02-2006, 07:28 PM
sawn-ya

:brood:
*sigh* I'll settle for grog.

Tigerlily
11-02-2006, 07:35 PM
you said "veegan" which is how normal people say it ;)

and dang! sexy voice. :drool:

:) :silly:

blix
11-22-2006, 03:52 AM
:
We got alla dem payple oo ay FAY-gun aroun thah TAX-ath re-geeun an wee gawt tha peepa dah down ay tha nyetta S (have you ever heard anyone talk like this?, it is amazing that they cannot pronounce certain letters like S) Anyway, it is a southern thing around Texas to say vay-gun just like we say Thay dunnit naow cawlin Fay Dunnaway a nancy. an stuff...:confused:
:umm: :confused: :blank: :huh:

bluesky
11-22-2006, 10:03 AM
I say 'vee-gun' with a hard 'g' and a short 'u'. I'm just glad to run into people who have any sort of pronunciation for the word and know what it means. I watched this video recently which shows a sample of people being asked what a vegan is: http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1se0ZM6Gy8&search=vegan

bluedawg
11-22-2006, 12:35 PM
I watched this video recently which shows a sample of people being asked what a vegan is: http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1se0ZM6Gy8&search=vegan
holy smokes! i had no idea.

KaliMama
05-22-2009, 12:30 AM
:bump: 'cause it was the random poll.

I watched this video recently which shows a sample of people being asked what a vegan is: http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1se0ZM6Gy8&search=vegan

:o :laugh: I love the guy who says "is it a candy bar?" while his friend laughs at him and then guesses "cereal."

Dandelion
05-22-2009, 01:16 AM
:bump: 'cause it was the random poll.

:o :laugh: I love the guy who says "is it a candy bar?" while his friend laughs at him and then guesses "cereal."
awesome.

Chijou_no_seiza
05-22-2009, 06:24 PM
I don't know where to :laugh: or :cry:....

downwithapathy
05-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Am I crazy? I hear the friend saying "a vegetarian, right?"

Most enjoyable! I enjoyed it anyway!

KaliMama
05-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Aw, man! You're right! :kiss:

squirrel
05-22-2009, 09:04 PM
I have to try hard not to read and read and read the comments some people put underneath the video. :bomb:

KaliMama
05-22-2009, 09:20 PM
:no: Never, never, never read the comments on youtube. They will suck any remaining faith that you may have in humanity right out through your retinas.

gladcow
05-22-2009, 09:24 PM
also, don't read the comments on my local paper's website :brood:

Mahk
05-22-2009, 10:14 PM
A vegan is an inhabitant of Las Vegas or alternatively an alien from the star system Vega, as in the Jodie Foster movie Contact. If one of them settles on earth, doesn't consume animal products, and moves to Vegas that would make them a vegan-Vegan-Vegan. ;)

squirrel
05-22-2009, 10:48 PM
:no: Never, never, never read the comments on youtube. They will suck any remaining faith that you may have in humanity right out through your retinas.
:yes: Totally.

squirrel
05-23-2009, 01:15 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-cat-does-not-want-this-vegan-meal.jpg

VegeTexan
05-23-2009, 11:57 AM
:laugh:

Svartalfheim
05-24-2009, 08:47 PM
I can't vote because the way I say it sounds like "veegin". :P

Svartalfheim
05-24-2009, 08:48 PM
and LMAO@sgain's post

Dandelion
05-25-2009, 12:15 AM
I can't vote because the way I say it sounds like "veegin". :P
"vee - gin"?!?! :o

you are banned.

(;) kidding!)

Svartalfheim
05-25-2009, 12:34 AM
D:

Mahk
05-25-2009, 03:11 PM
No, I have no idea what it is but I googled it:
http://alwahida4u.com/pages/Ayz_V-ginLOTION.jpg

lullured
05-25-2009, 03:48 PM
No, I have no idea what it is but I googled it:
http://alwahida4u.com/pages/Ayz_V-ginLOTION.jpg

Maybe we can use it to secretly veganize people?

Miso Vegan
05-25-2009, 11:36 PM
whoa.

nauthiz
05-26-2009, 11:46 AM

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/listen_to_yourself.png

squirrel
05-26-2009, 12:15 PM
*wish*

Calliope
05-26-2009, 03:45 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I frikken love xkcd.

KaliMama
05-26-2009, 05:39 PM
:thumbsup: :laugh:

panthera
05-27-2009, 01:00 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I frikken love xkcd.

yeah, good stuff! Just recently introduced to it.

ElaineVigneault
06-13-2009, 02:38 PM
I say vee-gan, not vee-gun.
And I live in Vegas, so I also get to say vay-gun!

Mahk
06-13-2009, 04:08 PM
"We've only just vee-gun" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX2Xn7tI)

:happy:

nibbler
07-10-2010, 10:23 PM
My friend always asks me " are you still vegn(she pronounces it veg-n)?"

Chijou_no_seiza
07-12-2010, 10:28 PM
My friend always asks me " are you still vegn(she pronounces it veg-n)?"

My mom says veggin' too.