PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Cookie?

Sacredlrose
03-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Howdy all!
Yes I have been here for awhile and have not posted a story. Why post now you ask? (or do you really?) I would like to access my goodies that come with posting. Or maybe I just like talking about myself? Hmmm...... Anyway I'm a young chick from Ohio just worried (maybe a little too much?) about finding out who I am and maybe saving a few animals along with my trip. I will tell you my story of how I became vegetarian and finally vegan, but let me tell you first that I am very open to saying what I am feeling (of course or why else would I be telling you this in the first place?) and am quite insecure about what others think of me (I don't know why as most don't give a flying wheelchair; ahem...erm :uhoh: excuse my robin), but yes anyway now that I am done expressing myself (maybe I should become a psyciatrist), my story:
Ah yes one fine day (7th grade I believe) in science class (mwhahaha science class was always hell as our teacher was the devil) our teacher brought in the insides of a pig that she had gotten at a slaughter house she said beaming. Well slaughter house was a word that just churned my stomach even thought I had never really seen one and her evil grin was just too much. But then she let all the kids in the class come up and touch the insides. All of the kids immideitly ran up and started jabbing the insides with no respect whatsoever. All I could think was that poor animal died for them and they can't even show it respect?!! I was an immdeit vegetarian. Vegan came less than a year later when I was thinking of going vegan and had given up drinking and eating milk and eggs straight, but hadn't made the final "push over the edge" (hehe). I was eating a cookie on a stick (yes you read it right, a cookie on a stick) and suddenly looked at the cookie. All of a sudden I could see all the pain and suffering the cow had gone through for me to eat that cookie and it tasted like crap too. I had gone vegan in mid bite. Well yes that is my story and I have plenty more, but most are just to sad and it's getting late. I probably have some typos but alas I am not going to check for them!
Thanks for listening to my story, if you did and all others read "Poems new and collected" by Wislawa Szymborska for repentence!
Night! ;)

Husky Corn Star
03-18-2003, 11:54 PM
Welcome Sacredlrose

:D

ajveg
03-21-2003, 08:34 AM
hi just thought i'd say hello-wow this is a good site:p

Sacredlrose
03-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Thanks all!