PDA

View Full Version : Boiling Blood and Spitting Tacks

Husky Corn Star
03-15-2003, 07:50 PM
I got inivitied out for lunch today to my cousins because my Grandmother is up this way (cuzzzies and Aunty & Uncle are there too).

Anywayz, I just got rung up and told not to come until after lunch (which is now) 'cause I don't eat what they do :huh:

So I've come up with a plan so cunning, I'm taking my own lunch - ya know just going to get some stuff from the local organic shop to take out there (subtle I think)

So I'm currently spitting tacks and my blood is boiling, to say the very least I'm not impressed.

I so do not need this today.

VeganKen
03-15-2003, 09:02 PM
The only reason that I can see that it would be okay to uninvite someone from a meal is if they're having a pig roast (or something as equally barbaric) and are truely concerned with your feelings.

Ten to one they comment on how good your food looks. ;)

jenbizagogo
03-15-2003, 09:59 PM
Awwwww...I'm sorry to hear about that, Husky :(

That actually happened to me once when I first went vegan. I wasn't "uninvited" but I was told repeatedly..."you really don't have to come if you don't want to...there won't be anything for you to eat." That didn't make me feel very good, either :(

But I did exactly what you did, too! I cooked up some yummy vegan food (I can't recall what exactly), and I brought it with me! Everyone tried it and I remember them being so surprised that it was so tasty! That was like almost 3 years ago. Now whenever I go there for dinner parties, they usually have several vegan things prepared.

Anyway, I hope it went well!

Husky Corn Star
03-16-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by VeganKen

Ten to one they comment on how good your food looks. ;)

Actually they did :D

Anyway, they said have you had lunch, I told them that I brought my owm - there were a couple of interesting looks on faces, I think some of them even have trouble with veganism, even tho' they know I have been vegan for a couple of years - but then that's not my problem ;)

And interestingly, they had salad stuff and fruit :rolleyes:

and the worst thing was that one of the 'vegan' salads contained feta cheese, so I left that one with my cousin and her hubby.

At the end of the day it was good to see my Gramdmother = she loves me for who I am :D

Beanqueen
03-17-2003, 05:12 AM
yay for you, now please stop spitting tacks, I think I just caught one.