PDA

View Full Version : KFC Protest

jesa
10-31-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey gang,

Just thought I would share a link with you all. Its a new article about a KFC protest we had in North Bay yesterday. It was a pretty good turn out - about 20 ppl showed up. And we got a lot of info out to the public.

KFC Protest in North Bay (http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=5529)

I am second from the left in that picture - the super short one :p

My sign says, "Be Consumer Conscious"

jesa
10-31-2004, 03:25 PM
what do you think?

FalafelsRule
10-31-2004, 04:49 PM
what do you think?

I think it is great and I applaud your efforts. I hate Kentucky Fried Cruelty.

jesa
10-31-2004, 06:20 PM
yeah i hate it too. thanks. it was really cold and rainy...not the greatest conditions for a protest :p

lolamako
10-31-2004, 07:15 PM
How awsome that the media actually gave you some coverage, we had a KFC protest on OCT 1 and no none came out. We got lots of positve support, but one thing really was sad.

A whole group (6-9) of about 8 and 9 year olds pulled up after ordering and the mom driving rolled down the windows so they could all boo us.. how sad.

One guy made us all laugh, he rode his bike by yelling " good for you guys I hate Kentucky Fried CORPSE"

Lots of people gave us the finger while driving by too, what a bunch of pu*sy a$$holes.

FalafelsRule
10-31-2004, 07:26 PM
I see two buses in the backround. Did they stop at KFCorpse to eat some death?

jesa
10-31-2004, 08:48 PM
actually its just one bus. a very large bus - covering the Casey's behind it that they stopped at ;)

spasticastic
11-01-2004, 12:58 AM
A whole group (6-9) of about 8 and 9 year olds pulled up after ordering and the mom driving rolled down the windows so they could all boo us.. how sad.
There were a bunch of republicans standing on the street waving signs for Jim Demented on Friday. I rolled down my windows and yelled at them! I figure it's part of the game of public protests. Supporters support and detractors detract.
... pause...
I'm not trying to negate what you said at all, just saying that I'm not surprised.

jesa
11-01-2004, 09:29 AM
don't worry, lolomako, we were booed too. some guy actually came up to us and asked us if he could interest us in a complimentary bucket of chicken. arsehole.

and though a lot of people drove by, honking and cheering in support, there were a few that yelled at us - one ignorant guy told us to 'go home' as he drove by. some other ignorant college guys were making loud chicken noises from their SUV.

i can't find the link, but a lot of people wrote responses to the article in this little message forum. most were supportive, but some people had the nerve to say, "why weren't we protesting against more important issues, like human rights..."

this ticks me off for several reasons. firstly, our group - www.soact.org clearly does tackle MANY issues, and not just animal rights.

secondly, who are they to devalue the action that we have taken??? i don't see them protesting anything that they have a problem with

and lastly, and most importantly, factory farming is a huge issue that the public continues to shrug off as just an "animal lovers" topic, though if not improved, it could bring horrendous global demise.

ignorance is annoying.

Tracy G
11-01-2004, 10:00 AM
ignorance is annoying.
...and persistent.

Thanks for posting a link to the news story, jesa, and thanks for your efforts to make a difference. :)

jesa
11-01-2004, 01:35 PM
no thanks needed, tracy - it is my duty to fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.

HM7380
11-01-2004, 03:46 PM
I just got a email from the PETA KFC demo organizer and he said he's planning one in my town... I'd like to go, but I've never been to a PETA demo before and living in backwards Roanoke, theres a good chance we'll all get egged. I've gotta work on my courage, and just remember that its for the animals.

jesa
11-01-2004, 03:55 PM
it's totally worth it! you should go. this was my first KFC demo and it was great. i have done other demos too, but be prepared for some rejection. people care a lot less about animals than they do about themselves.

mountainvegan
11-01-2004, 04:04 PM
people care a lot less about animals than they do about themselves.

There's an understatement. :umm: