PDA

View Full Version : Bikers Unite...(Jasons Idea)

buddadragon
09-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Jason had a great idea. I thought I would run it up the flag pole and see if there was some interest. A VRF bike ride!! Probably in the coming Spring. Just off the top of my head..a couple days..3 would be better. maybe a bike trail or some less traveled roads. Somewhere centraly located. Open to suggestions and comments. Also some folks to take on leadership roles if it looks like there is a interest in this happening. Lots of things to discuss,lots of options,lots of oppertunities. I really think this would be FUN!

:cartwheel: :banana: :cartwheel:

Emiloid
09-22-2004, 02:53 PM
If you make it out to CA you can stay at my house! I'll feed ya good.

kimmysoo
09-22-2004, 03:31 PM
If you make it out to CA you can stay at my house! I'll feed ya good.

I'm not a very experienced biker and CA's faaaaaar away, but that sounds like an offer not to be refused! ;) Em... you sound like such a great :chef:

As far as biking, I've been doing some research and am considering getting my very first serious bike. Is there a novice bikers thread somewhere? ;)

Seriously, I'd love to participate depending on how strenuous/demanding the ride is. In the meantime, I'll be lurking to see what you guys come up with. :)

buddadragon
09-22-2004, 03:37 PM
I'm not a very experienced biker and CA's faaaaaar away, but that sounds like an offer not to be refused! ;) Em... you sound like such a great :chef:

As far as biking, I've been doing some research and am considering getting my very first serious bike. Is there a novice bikers thread somewhere? ;)

Seriously, I'd love to participate depending on how strenuous/demanding the ride is. In the meantime, I'll be lurking to see what you guys come up with. :)
kimmysoo...check out this here place. lots of nice folks and experianced riders will be glad to answer your questions...Plus im there :p

http://www.bikejournal.com/home.asp

matriarco
09-22-2004, 05:55 PM
I'd love to do this, too. I'm pretty new at biking in anything resembling a serious manner, but hopefully by then I'll be ready.

JasonSt
09-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Hey cool, of course I'm all for this. I think it shouldn't be too strenuous or ambitious so as not to deter anyone from joining. Maybe 50 miles? That seems like a big number for the uninitiated, but really isn't that much if that is all that one has to do in a day.

buddadragon
09-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Hey cool, of course I'm all for this. I think it shouldn't be too strenuous or ambitious so as not to deter anyone from joining. Maybe 50 miles? That seems like a big number for the uninitiated, but really isn't that much if that is all that one has to do in a day.

Good point...Maybe 25..per day stoping for rest breaks and exploring and such. Maybe we good find a route that goes by a winery or something of that nature.

buddadragon
09-23-2004, 12:01 PM
This is a nice ride..Im not saying this is the place but it was the type of route I had in mind.
http://katytrail.showmestate.com/

spasticastic
09-23-2004, 10:40 PM
I would definitely do this if it were logistically feasible! I think it's a great idea. Base it on a really nice multi-day ride, with nothing to do but bike and eat. That's my kind of vacation!

Good point...Maybe 25..per day stoping for rest breaks and exploring and such.
I can't be sure, but I think he meant 50 miles per day...which is easy for everybody. Beginners can go 10 mph easily.

matriarco
09-23-2004, 11:20 PM
But how could you go, spasticastic? Sparkle City is so far from here.

JasonSt
09-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Oh yeah, I was thinking 50 miles per day. I don't think anybody would have a problem biking that distance.

If Spasticastic would venture from the mythical city of Sparkle City, there is sure to ample interest to proceed.

Maybe we should post a poll. Or even a poll with a follow-up poll. One: would you be interested in a vegan bicycle weekend, averaging 50 miles per day with knowledgable cyclists? Two: which areas of the country would you be willing to travel to in order to participate? Probably we should wait some time before working out the particulars, but maybe not?

spasticastic
09-23-2004, 11:31 PM
A. The magic of automobiles and/or airplanes;
B. I'm not firmly attached to SC and plan on moving when I get my ducks in a row...destination and direction as yet undetermined!

spasticastic
09-23-2004, 11:34 PM
If Spasticastic would venture from the mythical city of Sparkle City, there is sure to ample interest to proceed.
Oh! Mythical? There's nothing mythical about my town! ;)

I wanted to say I was interested because I love bicycles, and I never know where I'm going to be!

garn
10-01-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm always up for a bike ride. Not sure if I would be able to go due to school and stuff. Location wise I'm either in Detroit or Chicago or somewhere in between.

Loutishlover
10-01-2004, 11:12 PM
I love biking. Yes, its true. Daily I try to bike 20 to 30 miles (including the ride home) I have no real idea what the conversation you have started is going on, but i'll bite :brood:
*Loutish Lover