PDA

View Full Version : my readers digest version vegan story

Ms_Ann_Thrope
03-12-2003, 04:48 AM
The story is....long and windy. The gist of it is,,,about 20 yrs ago when I was vain babe, I heard a guy on some radio talk show say he was a vegetarian sports pro of some sort and was giving a talk on why being a veg was a good thing. So I went to this talk (when I lived near Toronto) and decided just because I wanted to LOOK better I thought I could lose a few pounds eliminating meat from my diet.

As time went on and I became older AND wiser I learned more about the meat industry. However I didn't do well with my diet and got kinda sickly. Remember this was back in days when the products we have now were not everywhere and I lived outside of Toronto in a redneck town and was feeling kinda freakish. So I started adding some tuna back into diet.

Then I moved to Vancouver, lots more support and stuff to eat so I back to veg. That was on and off again, due to laziness, depression and other stupid reasons.

THEN I move to where I am now, right smack dab in middle of farmers paradise, the prariries, and became veg again. This time it was more of a litebulb moment, as i was online, petting a kitty who was as usual beside me and thought in some countries people are eating kitty and think nothing of it,,,,why do I eat cow and think nothing of it? THAT really started me into reading more and now I am getting rid of leathers I have and going vegan in diet.

As I look back I really have always been sensitive to animals, I remember very young going to circus with school class and being horrified at what I saw! Very young I never liked meat much so going vegetarian wasn't that hard at all. I was a freaky kid indeed who LIKED vegetables! I still remember sitting at dinner table being forced to finish my meat on my plate and crying about it.

I have so much more to say and ask but will post to other forums, just wanted to get this story in so I could do some posting! I am very happy to find some like minded people while I continue to live in this hellhole. Really want to get back to Vancouver and join up with some organizations and get radical in my old age :D

VeganKen
03-12-2003, 07:58 AM
Let me be the first to welcome you to the board, Ms_Ann_Thrope. :)

redlentils
03-12-2003, 03:58 PM
... and let me be the second... wonderful name, ms... :D

3pinjim
03-12-2003, 09:31 PM
gidday - from redneckville ontario :D

dragonfly
03-12-2003, 10:58 PM
errrrr, the fourth one! Nice story. Welcome to the boards.