PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Vacation! (Seattle and Vancouver)

heathergalaxy
08-25-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm going on vacation!

I get to try Pizza Pi!

I also heard Bamboo Garden is great too.

Any other suggestions (especially any in Vancouver, haven't seen any recs for anything there yet)?

gladcow
08-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Well of course you have to go to Mighty-O in Seattle adn get some donuts!

Justitia
08-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Super Jealous of Pizza Pi.

You should try the Globe for weekend brunch. Very yummy cinnamon rolls there!

gladcow
08-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Cafe Flora is great also. And there is a Chinese restaurant near the space needle that is all vegan (except for the fortune cookies) They have some great mock meats.

Vegit-8
08-31-2004, 01:13 PM
Hello heathergalaxy, sorry I have not been online for awhile and have just now found your post. When will you be in Vancouver?
We have a load of wonderful veg*n eateries for you to check out and if I am available I would be pleased to introduce you to one or more of them.
We have, among others:
The Naam....Vans oldest veg eating place with everything from lovely salads to the best fries and miso gravy. Lots of deserts including a really scrumptious vegan chocolate walnut cake.
Sweet Cheribims....on the famous Commercial Drive where there are a lot of organic and veggie oriented stores and places to eat. They make some fabulous deserts including raw cakes and pies.
Sejuiced at 1958 West 4th....presently my favorite place to eat out. All healthy ingredients put together fresh in wonderful combinations. Souper soups and salads and some very nice veggies burgers and rice bowls. Often they have wonderful vegan treats.
Everyone Loves Veggies....an all vegan fast food joint in the City Square food court at 12th and Cambie. Home cooking with healthy ingredients and lovely service. Soups are always great, and the food is hearty.

We have numerous veggie Chinese restaraunts and several veggie East Indian ones. There is also a wonderful all vegan Ethiopian buffet several days a week at the Nyala Restaraunt.

Many more to choose from so let me know when you will be in Vancouver.

May peace and joy be with you.
Vegit-8

heathergalaxy
09-03-2004, 08:53 PM
i'm leaving for seattle tomorrow! yay!

i'll be in vancouver like the 8-10th... :)

ty for all the tips!

jenzie
09-03-2004, 11:06 PM
To try in Seattle: In addition to Pizza Pi, The Bamboo Garden, and Mighty-O Donuts, you might want to check out Hillside Quickies and Araya's Vegan Thai (both in the U-District). Oh, and The Teapot Vegetarian House and Green Cat in Cap Hill. Also, downtown there's a cool veg hotdog place near the convention center called Cyberdogs.

HAVE FUN!!! This city is the best!

jenzie
09-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Almost forgot - best vegan cinnamon rolls ever at a regular little bakery on a corner in Pike's Place. (You'll know which place by the smell ;) ).

Someone mentioned the Globe.... sooooo good! Their strawberry and banana pancakes are to die for, not to mention their biscuits and gravy! Coffee Messiah is also good for a vegan breakfast.

Nanashi
09-04-2004, 12:18 AM
the green cat is no more :cry: There is a new cafe there now, I haven't been there though so don't know if it's veggie friendly.

jenzie
09-04-2004, 04:16 AM
the green cat is no more :cry: There is a new cafe there now, I haven't been there though so don't know if it's veggie friendly.

Wha??? When did they close?

Nanashi
09-04-2004, 09:47 AM
I guess it's been a little over a month that the green cat has been gone now. Luckily I found Coffee Messiah practically right next door. They have vegan breakfast where green cat was just vegetarian. Plus, Coffee Messiah just recently added luch items to their menu. Cyber dogs is really good, I second that, plus you get to use computers they have there while you're eating, so if you're out of town and need your VRF fix that's a good place to get it.