PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need to psych myself up

dropscone
07-08-2004, 11:49 AM
A while ago I posted a thread (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=3616) about a stall I'm helping to run at the Womad festival in a couple of weeks time.

I'm starting to get really apprehensive about how to make the most of this opportunity to advocate the veggie way of life.

My normal approach is to only mention that I'm vegan after I've known people for a while, or if it crops up naturally in conversation, to never *push* anything on anyone, and to try and explain things in as calm and rational fashion as I can muster.

I don't know whether this is a proactive enough approach for a stall situation. I was wondering who here has done stalls, and if they have any pearls of wisdom to impart as to effective tactics. Also if there are any good web resources.

I mean to gen up on a variety of issues so I have some factoids on a few things such as "isn't animal research necessary for medical purposes" and the like - any condensed sources of this kind of info, especially on the web and from recognisably trustworthy authorities, would be very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

:)

mountainvegan
07-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Most of the info on why animal testing and such things are unnecessary naturally come from AR and AW type sources, like PETA and PCRM. Frequently, these sources corroborate their info with non-AR sources, giving them more credibility to the non-AR skeptic. For starters, I would go to www.peta.org , www.pcrm.org , www.navs.org , www.aavs.org , www.madcowboy.com and www.veganoutreach.org .

dropscone
07-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Thanks mountainvegan