PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico, food and ar

PeriledSoul
06-16-2004, 11:45 PM
anyways,

its a far way away. but im going to visit some family in the middle of july in albuquerque new mexico and im wondering about ALL vegan restaurants.

Here in the good ole slc, we have two to three all vegan diners, and im just wondering if alb or new mexico in general has anything like that so i can get my dad to try being a veggie while im down there.

second, ill only be down there for a couple of days, but im wondering if there are any good animal rights group/protests going on.

oh, and a good coffee shop

bumblebee
06-17-2004, 10:33 PM
http://www.vsnm.org/Pages/dining.html (vegetarian society of NM)

I have not found a single totally vegan restaurant in New Mexico. But, I can recommend a few vegan friendly restaurants: :)

Cuisine Of India-India Palace, Taj Mahal Cuisine Of India and Huong Thao.

I do know of one vegan restaurant that will be opening in Silver City, NM in July actually, but that's about 4 hours south of Albuquerque...

PeriledSoul
06-17-2004, 10:38 PM
thats sad, but ill try those places out thanks! :) ya and being that id rather be having fun with my dad and not driving for hours, id probably wouldnt be visiting it. :)

i really dislike new mexico (except santa fe) i lived there(alb) all my life till about 17 years old, then moved here. and as much as i dont like slc, i like it way better than NM, i have to take NM in strides hehe. no longer than a couple of weeks and ill go crazy :) ((but maybe im just thinking of how bad it sucked during high school, im sure thats it))

jennofur
06-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Oh, I'm homesick for the New Mexico area (San Luis Valley, So. Colorado), sucky as it was such that it inspired me to leave my huge familia and move all the way out to Chicago. =( I grew up spending a lot of time in NM and have to say, they hardly know what vegan is much less sympathize. That's why I'm going to retire there and make a FORTUNE selling what my Brit boyfriend calls my "special Mexican burritos" smothered in vegan green chile!! Oh, I'm so hungry...

veganlove02
07-07-2004, 01:53 AM
This is all good info in case I ever get to visit my cuz in Santa Fe, or my friend in Albuquerque! Thanks guys!

bumblebee
07-08-2004, 12:41 AM
LAS CRUCES

Herbal Hand
1801 Avenida De Mesilla
Las Cruces,NM
505-523-2652

Ate here a few weeks ago. Simple food, nutritious & tastey. :)
$10 for dinners. $5.50 for sandwiches. 99% vegan.

Flower
11-29-2006, 10:38 AM
My dh and I are planning on taking a road trip with Emma to New Mexico hopefully at the end of March.

Any more recommendations on places to visit or eat? Any suggestions would be appreciated!