PDA

View Full Version : Support Animal Rights on Reality TV!

VeganUU
06-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Hi All,

Many of you may have already heard that PETA's Director of Vegan Campaigns, Bruce Friedrich, has been chosen as a candidate on a new Showtime reality TV show called "American Candidate." This is an unprecedented opportunity to bring the message of animal rights to national television. The catch is that Bruce has to stay on the show in order to keep pushing the message out there. That’s where you come in!

We need to mobilize as many New Hampshire residents as possible to place calls to this toll-free number: 877-786-9116. You don’t have to say anything; your call is a “vote” for Bruce. Bruce needs to get as many “votes” as possible BEFORE 4 PM (EST) ON SUNDAY JUNE 13th. Only one call is allowed per New Hampshire phone, but a person can “vote” from multiple phones. If you would be willing to help further, please make calls to all of your friends, family members and coworkers, encouraging them to call as well. Please spread this message far and wide!

To learn more about the show visit: www.americancandidate.com
To vote for Bruce online visit: www.votebruce.org

Thanks so so much!

Reannon
Assistant Manager of Vegan Campaigns

Oatmeal Girl
06-12-2004, 11:50 PM
why only New Hampshire?

jenzie
06-13-2004, 12:34 AM
why only New Hampshire?

Yeah, what's so special about NH? :p

VeganUU
06-13-2004, 12:40 AM
It's a contest, those are the rules. I don't make 'em, I'm just letting other people know about 'em. :) Thanks.

Oatmeal Girl
06-13-2004, 12:42 AM
I already knew about it from myspace.com- I posted it as a bulletin but I don't know anyone from New Hampshire, so hopefully the people that read it do and can pass it on. New Hampshire just seems so obscure.

VeganUU
06-13-2004, 12:45 AM
New Hampshire is a presidential primary state; the show is about running a presidential election. Not terribly obscure just annoying because only 10 people live there. Thanks for doing what you can!