PDA

View Full Version : The worst bar on the face of the earth

iamtheqbu
03-06-2003, 06:14 PM
I just had the most horrible experience. I was going out with some friends to a place called the Safari Bar. "Great," I thought, "I'll get to hang out, and it sounds like a nice place." Yeah, Right. We got there and as soon as you walked in, you were stared at by countless eyes. No I'm not talking about rude customers, but all of the animal heads and skins they had covering every square inch of every wall. There had to have been hundreds of animals. I felt sick, and luckily, my friends understood. They told me to go home if I wanted to, even though I drove one group there. They were willing to shuttle people back home just so I wouldn't have to stay.

Just had to vent, thanks for listening!;)

Vegit-8
03-06-2003, 08:27 PM
At least you can take comfort knowing that those were not accusing looks that were aimed at you.
When I was a child I was facinated by mounted animal heads, and deeply disturbed.
Now they just disturb and upset me.
I am glad that your friends were understanding.

May peace and joy be with you, and all living beings.
Vegit-8

VeganKen
03-06-2003, 09:08 PM
How awful! I am glad that your friends were nice about it. You must be training them well! ;)

I find stuffed dead animals to be very disturbing. I think that for some people it reminds them of nature. It reminds me that someone killed a living being just for the joy of killing it.