PDA

View Full Version : Vegans and Vegetarians Wanted for Study (Southern CA)

jenzie
03-05-2004, 04:36 AM
Vegans and Vegetarians Wanted for Study

"Researchers at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University in Los Angeles need vegan and vegetarian volunteers 18 years of age or older for a study conducted on morals and social reasoning. You must be a resident of Los Angeles County, Ventura County, or Santa Barbara County to participate. All information is confidential and anonymous. No travel required—data collected via mail.

"Earn $1.00 and the opportunity to be entered for a raffle to win $75.00 after you participate! Contact Ken for more information at (805) 443-4245 or email your name and address to KLIBERATORE@ALLIANT.EDU"

Cashier
03-09-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure what I think of this. It seems like an innocent study, but I just hope they don't come out with some anti AR findings or bad Vegan health issues, etc. (I realize I'm way too skeptical). Its just that I volunteer for a local Cancer Center and the M.D.s never, EVER EVER EVER, link meat eating or dairy consumption to the epidemic of cancer. On a positive note, they may come out with excellent results which would help our cause!!

Emiloid
03-09-2004, 01:53 PM
I wonder why you have to live in those counties if everything is done by email?

FYI, here's another study that needs vegans, veggies, and omnis: http://www.vegsource.com/klaper/. This study is being conducted by Dr Michael Klaper, a vegan. I signed up... now I need to remember to go back and complete the questionnaire. Silly me.

jenzie
03-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Emiloid
I wonder why you have to live in those counties if everything is done by email?

I was wondering the same thing. Hmm.

Thanks for the link to the other study! :)