PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Vegans

mountainvegan
01-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Colorado (aka Omnirado) is a little thin on vegans, but if any are out there...represent! :D

vladthedog
01-27-2004, 12:40 AM
i'm the other one ;) err. i'm in aurora.

xmex
01-27-2004, 12:48 AM
add one more...moving in june(?)

mountainvegan
01-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi vlad. :) I'm in Edwards.

xmex - always good to have vegans moving to Colorado. :)

xmex
01-28-2004, 12:05 PM
what's the name of the really rad co-op in boulder?
i remember going last year and had some really good food from the cafe (best sandwiches ever).
thanks.
keith.

mountainvegan
01-28-2004, 01:08 PM
xmex - Sorry, I don't know. I live pretty far from Boulder and don't get there too often.

veganlove02
02-15-2004, 02:54 PM
My husband and I vacationed in Colorado last year. I wrote a little review of some of the restaurants we went to. We had pretty good experiences food-wise. This is the link to that review if you want. :)

http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=438

xmex
02-15-2004, 10:02 PM
thanks for the info.
rmnp, beautiful place.

side note...indy rules. you have to eat at bamboo house
at college park (i think it's still ok, really good food and you
can get spring rolls-no egg wash. easiest and nicest group
to talk to, and the chef comes out-super nice person.).
also, queen of sheeba....really good ethiopian food downtown (super good food, service not always the fastest)
buca, but it's good for italian food--red pizza, bruschetta (sp?)
and pasta marinara.
umm...three sisters, but working in broadripple, you probably already know.
yeah, i'm from in indy (living in chicago for now).

libertine
02-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Me! Me! I'm a Colorado vegan! :D
I will be moving to Fort Collins this summer, but I am currently living in Trinidad, Colorado. (Yeah, the sex-change capital of the world....haha).
Lovely to see some ColoradoVegans on here.
:kiss:

mountainvegan
02-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Welcome to VRF, libertine. :)

lilac wine
02-04-2005, 06:06 PM
i'm in Boulder :) I know a lot of vegans in Colorado. They just need to come out of the woodwork and represent.

The co-op is simply The Boulder Co-op. Attached is Prasad, a vegan cafe and salad and juice bar.

Cool reviews, veganlove. I will have to check out Poppy's next time I'm in Estes Park.

The little pizza place in Boulder must've been Jalino's on Arapahoe. It's fun, cheap, and tasty. It isn't vegan soy cheese unfortunately, but they offer soy cheese, which gives me hope that they may one day discover Tofutti or Follow Your Heart and switch to one of those instead. The Chinese restaurant sounds a little sketchy! For Chinese in Denver for anyone who's interested, Sunny Garden is a good option. It's on Yale. They have a separate veg menu with about a dozen tasty meat and egg free entrees. One's even called "The Double Vegan" and has mock beef and mock chicken with veggies, in garlic sauce I believe. Mmmm.

libertine
02-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Watercourse in downtown Denver is the best, I must say. Very good food.

http://www.watercoursefoods.com/

:silly:

lilac wine
08-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Okay, Colorado vegans...

We're opening a gourmet vegan specialty shop in Boulder in about a week:
Three Little Figs Market (http://www.threelittlefigs.com)

We're talking vegan chocolate dipped pretzels, vegan pierogies, vegan haggis, vegan caviar, freshly made vegan donuts, vegan cheesecakes, vegan challah, vegan Belgian chocolates, vegan tiramisu, vegan knishes, vegan beef and been burritos, vegan white chocolate chips, vegan fluff, vegan whipping cream, vegan shrimp, vegan tuna, vegan beef strips, vegan tamales, vegan biscuits and gravy, vegan ice cream sundae fixin's, vegan "thin mints" cookies that are just like the girl scout cookies, assorted vegan cheese sprinkle blends, vegan breaded eggplant cutlets, and much more.

We won't be fully stocked for a while yet, but there will be new exciting things coming in all the time.

:)

spidermonkey
08-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Okay, Colorado vegans...

We're talking vegan chocolate dipped pretzels, vegan pierogies, vegan haggis, vegan caviar, freshly made vegan donuts, vegan cheesecakes, vegan challah, vegan Belgian chocolates, vegan tiramisu, vegan knishes, vegan beef and been burritos, vegan white chocolate chips, vegan fluff, vegan whipping cream, vegan shrimp, vegan tuna, vegan beef strips, vegan tamales, vegan biscuits and gravy, vegan ice cream sundae fixin's, vegan "thin mints" cookies that are just like the girl scout cookies, assorted vegan cheese sprinkle blends, vegan breaded eggplant cutlets, and much more.

We won't be fully stocked for a while yet, but there will be new exciting things coming in all the time.

Fabulous! Now I know where to send my sister for all the cool "Surprise Day" gifts that she will be sending me. :cool:

jenzie
08-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Okay, Colorado vegans...

Wow! That sounds amazing! :D Now I know where to go when I visit Colorado! :thumbsup: