PDA

View Full Version : My story

FalafelsRule
01-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Basically after being Lacto-Veggie for 10 years (I basically only ate cows cheese as far as dairy). I began to wonder, wtf am I doing? Seeing www.milksucks.com changed me. My story isn't exciting, sorry.

BTW, been vegan for the last 4 years and so far have helped a few people become veggies and vegans, always working on attracting more.

Vegit-8
01-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Come on. You got more than that. :) It may not be interesting to you but I know that we would like to hear a bit more about you.
Why did you go lacto-ovo in the first place? Were you happy with that until www.milksucks.com or were you looking for a final reason to "go all the way"? Did going veg*n result in better health or energy? Why have you chosen to join VRF?
Come on......the people want to know. :)

May peace and joy be with you.
Vegit-8

FalafelsRule
01-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Well all the years I was Lacto-Veggie (I never ate eggs, even as omni), I really didn't think much of it. I guess I never really looked into it much. Then one day I was chatting with someone who was vegan and they told me tho check out www.milksucks.com website, after seeing that, I gave up dairy.

Initially, 14 years ago, I became a Lacto-Vegetarian out of curiosity. Soon as I tired the vegetarian diet, I liked it and felt no need to go back. Afterwards, I began to learn about all of the horrible things animals go through just so people can eat them. At first, animal flesh just became gross to me thus I just gave it up. Basically I am vegan for the health benefits, flesh is gross to me, its better for our environment and to reduce animal suffering.

dropscone
01-05-2004, 12:00 PM
yay, I like that story. It's not boring, it's nice to know that other people find it so easy to slide into vegetarianism.

Welcome :)

Vegit-8
01-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks for "fleshing" out your story. ;)
Welcome to VRF FalefelsRule. I hope you enjoy it here.

May peace and joy be with you.
Vegit-8

Spaceman
01-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Hello and welcome! I am just down the thruway outside of Rochester.

FalafelsRule
01-05-2004, 12:47 PM
I hear Rochester has quite a large veggie/vegan community.

spacehippy
01-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi, nice you meet you! :)

-Nick

FalafelsRule
01-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome! :happy:

I guess I missed these initial questions:

- how has it affected relationships with friends, family, etc...

Well it hasn't affected my relationships with friends and family. However dating is tough, the omnivore gals I dated have not been too pleasent about it. Thus, I am now seeing a vegan gal, no more omnivores for me.

- what challenges did /do you face and how you dealt/dealing with them.

I think the only challenge was educating myself on what products are vegan and what "hidden" ingredients to look out for. Fortunately, theres a lot of good info out here in cyber world so it's been easy. I have never had a craving for an animal product so, for me, my vegan life has gone well.

- what have you found easy/hard.

I haven't found anything hard except finding a single vegan gal. Everything else when it comes to being vegan is easy for me contrary to popular misconception.

Spaceman
01-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by FalafelsRule
I hear Rochester has quite a large veggie/vegan community.

It does but I am not too involved living outside of the city. We have two vegetarian/vegan restaurants and a really good animal rights group (of which I am not involved).

jenzie
01-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Welcome FalafelsRule! Thanks so much for sharing your story, I didn't find it the least bit boring. :)

And falafels DO rule! Falafel and hummus wraps.... yummm!! ;)

FalafelsRule
02-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Well, as of a little over a month ago, I now have a vegan sweetheart in my life. She is so wonderful and she has joined the boards today. We look forward to having a bright vegan future together.

Dandelion
02-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Congratulations!
woohoo!

Well, as of a little over a month ago, I now have a vegan sweetheart in my life. She is so wonderful and she has joined the boards today. We look forward to having a bright vegan future together.

jenzie
02-28-2004, 02:50 PM

How awesome! Congrats! :D

ohbugs
02-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Hello! Welcome!

mountainvegan
03-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Hi FR! :D I thought I already posted in this thread, but I missed it.