PDA

View Full Version : I have the flu!

Oatmeal Girl
12-16-2003, 07:54 PM
If that's not bad enough, my Anatomy final is tomorrow morning. Does anyone know of some quality home remedies besides sleep and soda crackers?

Rosemary
12-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Can you get a doctor's note to write the exam later?

jenzie
12-17-2003, 07:44 AM
If your tummy is upset, you could try warm soy milk mixed with tea. Warning: I used to think it tasted gross. However, it always calmed my tummy, and now I'm quite used to the taste! ;) Anywho, it's what I do when I need a quick fix.

GOOD LUCK!!! :D

Emiloid
12-17-2003, 02:27 PM
What are you doing here in the Forum?!? You're contagious! Get outta here!

OK... really, I hope you feel better. Like Rosemary suggested (if it's not too late) maybe you can reschedule your exam. With all the panic about the flu this year, I'm sure they would understand and appreciate wanting to stay home.

Be sure to get plenty of fluids! Hot tea (peppermint, ginger, lemon, etc.), OJ, water.... I'd also suggest eating/drinking a lot of brothy soups: miso, chicken-style noodle, veggie, or plain broth are all good. Add some garlic and ginger if possible, and eat it piping hot.

Good luck!

bekah-chan
02-15-2009, 06:44 PM
obviously this is an ancient thread, but i think it's the best place to post this.
i'm pretty sick and i made this tea today and it has made me feel a lot better. i got it from make your place (http://www.buyolympia.com/q/Item=make-your-place), by raleigh briggs. i just switched up some of the herbs in the given recipe with the other herbs that are listed as goodies.

1/4 C licorice (helps you 'cough it up')
1/8 C raspberry leaf (helps reduce mucous)
1/8 C catnip (mild sedative)
2T peppermint (reduces fever)
2T hibiscus (supports immune system)

use 1T for each cup of water. store the rest in an airtight jar.

i can't really say anything about the taste, because i can't taste anything right now, but i bet it's good! but i know it made me feel better. and it was cheap, too; i quadrupled the recipe (and had some leftovers still) and it was only about $7.50 for all of it. there are a lot of other herbs that work that are listed in the book. i really recommend getting it :)