PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Parcel Swap 2003!

misanthropy
11-10-2003, 01:57 AM
Okay, now that we've got the previous parcel swap sorted out, here's a new thread for the Holiday Parcel Swap 2003!

If you would like to participate, please email me at: veganida@yahoo.com by November 14th with the following (copy/paste and fill out):

1. Online VRF user name:

2. Real Name & Address:

3. Likes/Preferences:

4. Food/Scent Allergies or Dislikes:

5. Types of Pets/Children/Spouse (age included if you'd like):

6. Traces of dairy/egg okay or not:

7. Shipping preferences (USA, Canada, International, or all okay):

8. Hobbies or Interests:

9. Other:

Rules:

Everything must be vegan with the exception of food items with traces if the person is okay with that. Besides that, anything goes as far as content.

Also, you will not be sending to the same person you did in the last swap. In addition, you will not be receiving a parcel from the person you are sending to.

Applicable Dates

1. November 16th: E-mail info to veganida@yahoo.com

2. November 17th/18th: I will email you each your parcel buddy's information.

3. December 12th: Post by this date at the latest if you can so it should give plenty of time for everyone's parcel to arrive in time for the holidays.

If you know of someone who wants to participate but is away this week or whatever, let me know who it is and I'll put them on the list.

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks!!!

misanthropy
11-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Forgot to mention!

Even if you have submitted your info previously to AJveg, please resubmit to me at: veganida@yahoo.com

THANKS!!!

VeganMegan
11-10-2003, 06:18 PM
:cartwheel: :cartwheel:

lotus_blue
11-10-2003, 07:02 PM
How fun! Count me in!:D

fayking
11-11-2003, 11:56 AM
heehee sent my info off...oh what fun :D

jenzie
11-11-2003, 09:08 PM
I'm in! Yay! :happy:

misanthropy
11-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Okay, thanks for everyone that emailed me their info. :)

I've extended the sign-up date and sent out PMs to people that were originally interested to give them a little time to sign-up if they haven't seen the thread.

So... new deadlines posted in the top posting. :)

shade
11-14-2003, 04:21 PM
I'm signed up! :p

dropscone
11-14-2003, 04:56 PM
yay! this is going to be ace.

Glad I've got a bit of time to sort a parcel out cos I'm totally skint at the moment, but in a couple of weeks I will have been paid and there will be lots of christmas fayres around too. :sunny:

misanthropy
11-15-2003, 06:02 PM
Just a short update! So far there are 13 participants. :)

I'll cut off the sign-up Monday morning @ around 10 a.m. EST (when I get into work) and then I'll email everyone's parcel buddy info out.

Yippee! :)

misanthropy
11-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Okay, sign-up has now officially closed! I will email each of you with your parcel buddy's info tonight via email! :)

misanthropy
11-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Okay! I have emailed everyone their parcel buddy info. Please try and have your parcels out by December 12th so you can beat the holiday postal rush.

When you mail your package out and/or receive a parcel, please let me know so I can track where everyone's parcels are.

Have fun! :)

shade
11-20-2003, 03:26 AM
I finally sorted through my email today (900 and something unread messages of junk mail) to find out who my parcel buddy was. :p
I already have about half of my parcel put together. ;)

fayking
12-01-2003, 03:03 PM
i got my parcel i got my parcel!!!

it was hand delivered yesterday....i am sooo lucky!

so i got...two bottles of yummy grape juice, corn peanuts (very nice indeed), jellys, sweets, flapjacks, hot sauce, sunflower seeds, three books, cds and a really cool wooden turkey!

my parcel was wonderful! thank you parcel buddy...you rock!

:) :) :) :)

its_a_gas
12-02-2003, 04:54 PM
I really wish I could have participated.....oh well, maybe next time!

shade
12-03-2003, 04:58 AM
My parcel for my buddy is now packed up and ready to go. Hopefully I can get it mailed out by tomorrow.

shade
12-05-2003, 03:31 AM
My package is now sent!

straberrye
12-09-2003, 08:22 AM
i recived my parcel today

exited i have books and other wrapped things (iam going to wait to open those.

thank you very much to my pacel buddy!

yay!

dropscone
12-09-2003, 10:39 AM
Wheee! I got my parcel today too. It had a packet of hazelnuts, a packet of cashews (my fiance is going to be very grateful to you, parcel buddy, he loves them), and there were some wrapped things too, in cute paper.

I was going to leave them for Christmas, but I couldn't resist. There was a big bar of Green and Black's cherry chocolate, and some cosy winter socks. And there was a pretty hand-made card too.

Thanks parcel buddy :)

kristeenamarie
12-10-2003, 02:37 AM
oooh, leaving wrapped ones until christmas, what a fun idea!

...i still need to beg my parents to take my parcel shopping, I'm still shooting to send mine out by Friday though!

jenzie
12-10-2003, 06:06 AM
My parcel is on it's way to it's person! Woo! :D

misanthropy
12-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Awesome guys! :)

gladcow
12-12-2003, 08:42 PM
On Wednesday I received my package from my buddy! I got cute toys for all my animals (all 3 of them!), a wonderful pine scented soy candle, a delish smelling apple soy candle, a sparkly card, a book on raw foods (YAY!), and the best part HOMEMADE COOKIES (I run my own baking business, but no one ever bakes for me:p )
Thank you parcel buddy! My whole family enjoyed the cookies thoroughly.

I sent my parcel out on Thursday and had a great time putting it together. Can' t wait for the next swap!:D

misanthropy
12-13-2003, 01:44 AM
Ha ha... even though I organized this one, my parcel won't be going out until Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm having a hard time finding the stuff I wanted to send!

I hope my own parcel buddy won't be mad that there's might be late.

downwithapathy
12-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Though mostly together, my parcel won't be going out until Friday.
Also, I have an address change to post. The address given will work just fine, though I will be going home for Christmas break this week. SO....if it hasn't already been mailed, my mom's place might be a better place to send it (I'll have it come January either way, so no worries! :)).
Mom's address: 107 14th ST, Tell City, IN 47586

kristeenamarie
12-16-2003, 09:36 PM
I received my parcel a few days ago but figured since it is a holiday swap I'll wait until Chrismas to open it.

And my parcel buddy will be getting her package within the next few days, it shipped out this afternoon

misanthropy
12-17-2003, 06:55 PM
I got the best package from my parcel buddy! Most of the items are local too.

I received:

- apple berry bar
- vegan chocolate
- 5 huge homemade cookies which are delicious!
- tings
- mango salsa
- raggedy anarchy baking zine
- local publications
- postcard
- ALF car freshener
- stickers
- 2 different kinds of seitan jerky
- hob nobs cookies
- quinoa flour

THANK YOU!!! :) :) :)

We've already devoured the apple berry bar, 1 of the cookies and both packages of seitan jerky. YUM!

Beanqueen
12-19-2003, 05:55 AM
ALF car freshener?????????? wtf... :p

jenbizagogo
12-19-2003, 09:14 AM
http://www.directaction.info/air_fresheners.htm
:)

Beanqueen
12-19-2003, 09:54 AM
lmao!:D

misanthropy
12-19-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by jenbizagogo
http://www.directaction.info/air_fresheners.htm
:) That's the one! It totally rocks! :)

jenbizagogo
12-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by misanthropy
That's the one! It totally rocks! :)

Yep! :) I've got one in my car!

lotus_blue
12-20-2003, 12:34 PM
I received the most amazing parcel from my Parcel Buddy! It's full of treats, toys, and goodies for both myself and my dog. It made my whole week!!! Thank you thank you thank you, Parcel Buddy!:D

shade
12-20-2003, 05:16 PM
:D :D :D

I got my parcel today! There is an incredible amount of information to get others into a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle.

My parcel included:

-lots of copies of "Try Vegetarian" and "Vegan Starter Pack" to hand out to some non-vegans.
-a book, "Cry, the Beloved Country" about South Africa.
-2 DVDs, "Meet Your Meat" and "Delicacy of Despair".
-lots of readings; Vegan Outreach (working to end cruelty to animals), Vegetarian Advocate (Rochester area vegetarian society), Reflections (a publication of abbe-freeland wildlife rehabilitatoin center), Outrage (the newsletter of mercy for animals), The Abolitionish (the magazine of compassion oer killing), and Vegetarian Starter guide (the whys and hows of vegetarian eating).
-An MP3 CD of "On the Run" narrated by Ingrid Newkirk from PETA.
-Better Than Milk Soymilk to give me a taste of what my parcel buddy enjoys. (I just tried some and it's very tasty!! I wonder if it's available where I live :) )

Thank you so much! :D :D
This has brightened up my week and the "Try Vegetarian" and "Vegan Starter Pack" will definately get put to good use!

:D :D :D

misanthropy
12-21-2003, 11:21 PM
If you have received a parcel (or recently sent one out), please post here or PM/email me with the info if you haven't already done so.

Thanks! :)

jenzie
12-21-2003, 11:39 PM
I got my parcel today! Woohoo!! :D It was overflowing with tons of literature on animal rights, veganism, issues of particular interest to my parcel buddy, and the happenings in their community as well! Not to mention, a SUPER AWESOME gift that's truly one of a kind. I won't disclose it just yet, as it's a dead give away to who my parcel buddy is and I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone else! ;) However, once everyone has sent and received their packages, I'll post a picture for all to see. :)

A huge THANK YOU to my parcel buddy for the thought and effort that was put into making my parcel! :D

jenzie
12-27-2003, 03:54 AM
I hope I'm not ruining any parcel surprises for anyone, but I couldn't want to post a pic of one of my awesome gifts! ;)

(If you haven't received your package yet, don't click below! :p)

Chocolate and Jen with gift (http://jenzie.diaryland.com/images/chocolatepicture1.jpg)

Notice the red and green picture of Chocolate made by one of our very own VRF'ers. Pretty! :D

VeganMegan
12-30-2003, 09:47 PM
I received my parcel today! Thank you so very much JenBiz:heart:!

I was given a lot of neat-o goodies including a groovy bookmark made by Jen:heart: herself. Itís beautiful!
Raw treats from Karynís Ė Yummy!
A book - Fences & Windows by Naomi Klein.
Some fun local stuff I havenít read anything by her. I canít wait to read it.
Vegan lip balm and some local lit. too.

:silly: OMG! :silly: Welcome to the Jungle! Ė Thatís just too awesome! ;) Youíre way too kind. Thank you very much for that! It brought back fun memories. Thank you! Thank you! :silly:

And the kitties thank you too Jen! Theyíre very happy with their new toys!

Thank you Jen:heart: for the wonderful gifts and thank you misanthropy:heart: for setting this whole thing up. Both of you are awesome! I canít thank you both enough!

... Megan

jenbizagogo
02-16-2004, 12:49 PM
I finally got my parcel this past week! ;) (heh heh...you know I love ya, girly!) The lovely misanthropy gave me my wonderful gifts upon my arrival to Toronto! I got this awesome tear-off oragami calendar (you actually tear off the page of the day, which has directions on how to turn it into a cute little piece of oragami art! NEATO!!!). I also received two pairs of pajamas/lounge wear (one of which matches Ida's pjs! :p ) Totally allsome! I loves it! Thanks baby~!!!! :D