PDA

View Full Version : My Landlord/Landlady!

misanthropy
10-05-2003, 03:15 PM
I always liked my landlord & landlady. They've always been very sweet and nice. After the big blackout I talked for about an hour with my landlord in the park across the street and he found out we were vegan.

A few weeks after that his wife told us that he told her about that we were vegan and she gave us tons of farm-fresh organic tomatoes from where they have their primary residence (they keep an apartment in our house for when they are in the city). Then a few weeks after that she gave us some corn.

Today I woke up (at almost 2 p.m.!) to someone knocking on our backdoor. When I opened the door it was my landlady Denise and she came bearing TONS of produce for us! Most of it is organic too. They are so sweet to us. I should make her an apple pie or something with some of this stuff.

Look at the stuff she gave us!

fayking
10-05-2003, 03:20 PM
wow! that it sooo cool! you should bake them a mega apple pie! i wish my landlord was more like yours...the only vegetation my landlord supplies is mildew from the damp!

misanthropy
10-05-2003, 03:27 PM
Yeah! They are very very sweet to us. It also turns out that he used to be a documentary filmmaker and we know some of the same people and stuff. So that helps I think!

But it's just super sweet that they started giving us all this produce and stuff. Also they have always been very cool with us having multiple animals. Which is a rarity these days!

fayking
10-05-2003, 03:37 PM
oh animals and rental accom! evil evil!! i got evicted from a very cute flat cos they found out about my one fat cat...my landlord at the moment doesn't care about how many animals live with me...which is his only redeeming quality as far as i can see!

misanthropy
10-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Oh! That sucks that you were evicted. :(

Yeah, I was very honest with them when I moved in. I figured it was easier than lying... at the time we had 1 dog, 2 cats and 2 birds. Now we've upped our cat count to 6! They even helped us look for Mrs. Lee (our rescued stray) when we couldn't find her.

It's funny though. At a previous apartment everyone's lease in the house said no pets. We had at the time, 1 dog, 4 birds and 3 cats. Our neighbours downstairs had 2 dogs and 4 birds (including one VERY loud cockatoo that suffered from separation anxiety and would SCREECH when anyone would leave the room). Heh heh!

VeganKen
10-05-2003, 04:18 PM
That's so cool about your landlord/lady! Esp. about the multiple animals. :) I don't seem to recall having any great landlords. One place that I lived at for three years I never even physically met the guy. Weird.

Lacykitten
10-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Wow!!! Awesome folks!! :D :D

misanthropy
10-05-2003, 10:14 PM
I've had some pretty bad landlords before. One which threatened to sue me for damage to the apartment. The only catch was that the damage was ALREADY there when I moved it. I told her "see you in court". Then I got my dad to call and yell at her. Tee hee!

Right now I've got a bunch of those veggies roasting in the oven. And I am definitely going to bake them an apple pie this week!

Yeah, they are super cool. They rented to me without a credit check. He said he had a good feeling about me! :)

A shame though that this house is up for sale. We've been at this place for about 2 1/2 years now and while the rent is expensive (expensive for me, not for the area though) I totally love it here. I've wanted to live in one of these houses for a VERY long time and when I saw a unit was up for rent, I scooped it up. All my friends were jealous I got into one of these places. If you're familiar with downtown Toronto, you'd understand if I told you where I live.

I will miss them if the house sells. :( That and it'll be hard to find a new place (if we do have to move) that will accept our multiple animals! Argh...

fayking
10-07-2003, 11:24 AM
oh it sucks that you might have to move...good landlords are hard to find....like Veganken i have never actually met my 'real' landlord..just the guy who collects the rent. my real landlord apparently lives in Ireland, i know his last name is English (!) and the guy who collects the rent has a sideline in copying his signature.... Ahh well what do u expect, cheap rent = odd landlord!

Rosemary
10-07-2003, 12:32 PM
In Toronto, it is illegal to evict someone for having pets unless the pets are causing harm (damage, noise, aggravating other residents' allergies).

misanthropy
10-07-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Rosemary
In Toronto, it is illegal to evict someone for having pets unless the pets are causing harm (damage, noise, aggravating other residents' allergies). Is it still illegal or did the "common sense revolution" do away with that too? Argh... yeah, I have never been evicted for pets but I've been known to lie just to get into a place. Then they find out later... :p

I am over the legal limit though if it still stands at 6 cats or dogs... shhh! ;)