PDA

View Full Version : High Stress Foods

kristeenamarie
09-15-2003, 10:12 PM
I'm just starting my Senior year of high school meaning tons of advanced placement and high stress classes, not to mention college applications and scholarships.

I go to school from 8-5pm 5 days a week and need a lot of little snack foods to keep me going through out the day.

Any ideas of healthy high stress ingredients that are tasty but will really keep me fueled 10 hours straight?

Rosemary
09-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Nuts are tasty, require no preparation, high in various nutrients, low in sugars.

Not that you would want to eat nothing but nuts, but they are a great snack!

misanthropy
09-16-2003, 11:39 PM
Yes, nuts and also lots of fresh raw fruit & vegetables should keep you fueled up.

pB0t
09-17-2003, 12:09 AM
Methamphetamine....oh wait you said hours and not days...my error.

Emiloid
09-17-2003, 09:52 PM
Nuts with raisins and/or dried cranberries are my favorites. Luna bars are good, and most (if not all) are vegan. You could also make a batch of cookies and take some to school. Hide the rest, though or they'll be gone in a day. I used to make a PB&J sandwich and cut it in four pieces, making it easier to snack on. PB&J can be really filling. You could also take a serving or two of soup--most soups should be OK without refrigeration for a couple of hours, especially if you have a Thermos. And of course, fruit is always a good bet.

Be sure to have a good breakfast before you go to school! (Do I sound like a Mom?)

From what I remember, you'll want to focus on proteins and complex carbs to fuel your brain and keep you awake.