PDA

View Full Version : A chicago vegan A Perfect Circle

veg4life
08-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Does anyone like A Perfect Circle? I have 2 passes to see them this sun 8-10-03 at Metro. (I won them) Metro is near Chicago Diner. I have no one to go with right now so if anyone wants to go, let me know :)

herbi
08-04-2003, 02:19 PM
Argh! I LOOOOOOOVE them, but alas I am not in Chicago. :( :( :( Well, have fun without me whoever goes, and enjoy Maynard's dreamy voice. Sigh.

dviolet
08-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Maybe! If you've already gotten an offer from someone who absolutely loves this band, let them go. I have to admit I never head of them, but I just checked out their website and liked what I heard. I love music and love finding out about great new bands. Let me know.

Also, sorry if I'm being oblivious, but I don't remember who you are! I know you were at the last vegan meetup, but {scratches head} not sure where you sat or what you look like. Do you know who I am?

herbi
08-06-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by dviolet
I have to admit I never head of them

They're kinda like... Tool Lite? :) If you liked the vocals in Tool and wouldn't be disappointed with slightly less heavy lyrics & slightly more melodic music, you'll like APC.

icebear
08-07-2003, 12:16 AM
Pick me, Pick me, Pick me i love a perfect circle.........mememememememeemememe, can you pay for me to fly to chicago too, ive checked it out and it should be around 2000 for me so that only works out to be around the 1200 mark for you, cheap at half the price

shade
08-07-2003, 06:43 AM
I'm nowhere near Chicago, but I got myself a ticket for when they are playing in Calgary in a few weeks!!! :D

APC is awesome!

veg4life
08-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Hey guys, I would love to fly all of you in but I only won concert tix and not plane tix!

Dviolet-yep I was at chicago diner. I was down the "middle" row. I am female. You were with the host, right? Nope I don't have anyone to go with for that concert. Just let me know if you want to go. I could meet ya there. (but it is probably going to be crowded that day b/c halsted days)

If I go I promise to sneak my digital camera into metro for those that can't make it!

herbi
08-08-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by veg4life
If I go I promise to sneak my digital camera into metro for those that can't make it!

Woohoo!!!! :cool:
(Just don't get thrown out! :o)

dviolet
08-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by veg4life
I could meet ya there. (but it is probably going to be crowded that day b/c halsted days)
Veg4life, I'm glad that I can accompany you. I still don't know who you are, but I'm sure it will click when I see you. I wasn't the "host" - that's Dave. But I did get reserve the Diner patio.

As for meeting up, maybe we should try to meet somewhere else since Halsted and the Metro will be so crowded.

You have your e-mail and PM things turned off, but you can e-mail me or PM me from this site to make further arrangments rather than clogging up this thread.

It's going to be fun. YAY!

veg4life
08-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Ok APC is a really artsy band. The concert was so not the norm for that venue. One hour late for the opening band to start. No smoking, no lighters, no cameras. And really crowded. What exactly does the lead singer look like? Cause the lighting on the stage was all dark. But the audience liked them; they knew all the lyrics. I personally like Tool better and didn't quite get what APC is all about. But you guys that are going, enjoy!

Oh and yes no cameras allowed but yes I did sneak in my digital camera. The stage was to dark but 1 pic came out decent. [URL=http://hometown.aol.com/vegchicago/mypage.html]

herbi
08-13-2003, 04:11 PM
I haven't actually seen them live, but what I've heard of their live recordings implies that their performances vary a lot and are indeed "artsy" and likely to vary from the studio tracks, which is sometimes disappointing but sometimes kicks ass! :) Heh-- funny you should ask what the singer looks like. Maynard is renowned for always performing in weird long wigs!

icebear
08-13-2003, 05:12 PM
Ive seen him up close at the tool concerts i went to, he is bald with a big roman nose, not attractive, well not to me anyway but his voice is amazing

shade
08-14-2003, 02:43 PM
http://www.chartattack.com/gallery/20000821-aperfectcircle.jpg
That is what the man looks like. Now picture that but bald.

I still can't wait for APC to come here. 2 more weeks! I've seen them play a couple times, and I've also seen Tool once (now THAT was an amazing show!).

herbi
08-15-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by icebear
not attractive, well not to me anyway

Originally posted by shade
That is what the man looks like.

Hmm... very talented plus very VERY strange? heh... works for me!!! :p

dviolet
08-16-2003, 10:28 PM
I had a lot of fun at this concert. It was sold-out, maybe even oversold, so it was crowded as heck. We had a hard time finding a spot where we could see anything. Veg4life was dedicated to getting those pictures! She snuck the camera past security, even when they searched her purse. She had a "secret" pocket they didn't notice. Then I had to watch for security (they were everywhere) while she stood on her tippy toes and held the camera over her head to get the picture. That's dedication.

About the concert...It wasn't the type of music I would listen to normally, but I'm glad I was exposed to it. I personally can't get into progressive rock. It's too jumpy. I need a steady time signature or it totally throws me off. I can tell the band is very talented, but it's just not suited to my tastes.

I liked going. It was my {gasp} first time to the Metro. Veg4life couldn't believe it. Honestly, most of the shows I see are really small, local acts so I never made it there. I have to say, it is a really cool venue, so I will try to visit on a night when the show isn't sold out.

herbi
08-16-2003, 11:57 PM
heh... the term "progressive rock" makes me snicker

dviolet
08-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by herbi
heh... the term "progressive rock" makes me snicker

What's a better phrase for it, herbi?

herbi
08-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Don't ask me! The "genre" tags on almost all my mp3's are blank! ;) I just think that's a particularly hilarious phrase. :)

veg4life
08-17-2003, 02:18 PM
Ohh so that's what the lead singer looks like. I found an interview and some pics on 947thezone.com fyi. Is he into being healthy or something? Cause the no smoking thing I have never ever seen before at Metro (not that I'm complaining)