PDA

View Full Version : confession

topperarnold
12-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I am terrible.

I fell off the wagon a few times.

No, no, I haven't eaten meat. I haven't eaten cheese or had a glass of milk.

I just didn't question the cupcake a student brought me. I ate it right up.

I grabbed a couple of those cookies in the teacher's lounge. (I knew they weren't vegan)

I eagerly gobbled the bagels provided at a meeting. (I knew they weren't vegan either)

Multiple times.

I feel like poo.

I am riddled with guilt, but I am trying to turn it around.

Can I be forgiven? :embarr:

Dandelion
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM
We don't do confessions anymore, we're done with that vegan bullshit. Everybody is a hypocrite on some level and the important thing is the ideas in our heads. Vegan Dandelion might love to tease out the issues of consumer actions and freeganism but it's boring and useless IMHO. You won't get any forgiveness from me because I cannot grant it. Find a new constructive approach and don't sweat the details. Get out there and find justice for animals but don't beat yourself up over others' ideals or judgments. Buck up, and don't get down on yourself! :) :heart:

Lisa Coleman
12-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Don't get down on yourself too much. Feel glad that you try as much as you can. All efforts to not eat animal products help this world, no matter how little. If everyone would try to be vegetarian, or even vegan, as much as possible, the world would greatly improve.

Emiloid
12-08-2011, 10:53 PM
I know how you feel, topperarnold! It can be hard to refuse food, especially if it's from someone who means well, or if you're just plain hungry. I wouldn't judge you, but since it seems to bother you, maybe you could focus on how to avoid this in the future... like having your own snacks on hand, or coming up with something to say to people (and to yourself) when others offer something you would prefer not to eat. In short, be (more) prepared!

Also, I must say that if what you've listed is the sum of your transgressions, your overall impact is still incredibly positive... certainly nothing to be ashamed of!

(And BTW, unless they were cheese-flavor or had cream cheese on them already, the bagels were likely vegan.)

topperarnold
12-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Hey everyone!
Thanks for the encouragement. I went on a real junk food bender for a few months (mainly potato chips, fritos, dr pepper and school bake sale items.) After having difficulties buttoning my pants and having some real depressive episodes (hubs has told me he really thinks I have some food sensitivities and if I don't eat right it makes me crazIER [apparently mildly crazy is my baseline lol])

Anyhoo, I am eating right again and exercising. I'm recommitting myself to eating right. I watched "Forks Over Knives" this week-end. Wow.

The meat and cheese thing is like quitting smoking (which I quit 10+ years ago.) I've gone 3 years without meat and cheese and I don't want to undo all the "work"...it's the egg/dairy-infused baked goods combined with hunger that can really get me. I think I have to get back in the habit of doing my own baking.

Dandelion
12-13-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm glad it worked out for you topperarnold. :cool: