PDA

View Full Version : where are the vegan chicks?

Broculis
05-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Today I realized I don't have a lot of vegan people in my social life...which is weird, considering that 90% of new friends I make in the internet are vegans

I wish I knew more vegan people in my real life...it would be nice to have a vegan girlfriend for a change...you know, to go to nice restaurant and criticize society...

If you were me, what would you do to meet vegan people?

Lentil
05-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Have you checked meetup.com? You might find a vegetarian/vegan meetup group near you. If not, you could start one.

But, I have to say that with less than 1% of the population being vegan, I think it's a pretty tall order to ask for a suitable mate who also happens to be vegan. I would instead look for a girl who is intelligent, caring, compassionate, and a good match for you in other respects. Maybe she might become vegan one day (but, maybe not)..

Emiloid
05-10-2011, 12:47 AM
I met people through Meetup.com, veggiedate.com, and even Yahoo Personals. There's another site I've heard good things about for dating: greensingles.com, I think? In my experience, the dating sites can also be good for meeting people as friends, or who end up as friends. (Well, I met one person that way, at least!) Other vegan sites could be a good way to meet people, at least if there are people in your area... or who are willing to move or travel. In fact, I actually met my SO right here on this site! (In its former incarnation.) :)

In what part of the world are you, if you don't mind sharing?

Broculis
05-17-2011, 05:08 PM
This meetup think is a very interesting idea...sadly there aren't many groups in my city :(

Emiloid
05-18-2011, 11:29 AM
This meetup think is a very interesting idea...sadly there aren't many groups in my city :(

You could start one! Really, there could be others like you who are hoping and waiting for a vegan and/or vegetarian meetup group to be formed. There's an annual fee (I think around $30?), but it could be worth it--and you could ask people to pitch in. :)

Broculis
05-18-2011, 11:59 AM
That is a good idea.
I'm going to try to join other meetup groups and see how it work...if i think there is potential, i'll do that!

lambiepie
06-28-2011, 02:52 AM
I feel your pain. I'm not only looking for another vegan, I'm also looking for someone who is sober like me and doesn't want children. It may seem hopeless but you just have to keep plugging along. Use the internet for help but mostly, just get out there! Go to different places, especially if you have places that are vegan, or veg-friendly to meet like-minded people. Also, you never know when someone might decide to go vegan. Don't be afraid to just talk about it with others. I know someone who went vegan as soon as he met other vegans and realized the importance. You never know!!