PDA

View Full Version : John Sakars

Myself
12-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey guys, have you ever heard of John Sakars? He makes a lot of videos about veganism and has his own youtube channel. He is from the Niagra region of Canada. What do you think?

Emiloid
12-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Sounds like an interesting person. Looks like he has a regular ol' website (http://www.johnsakars.com), too.

Dark Link
01-16-2011, 11:14 PM
I feel like I've heard him on Vegan Police a few times. :)

panthera
01-21-2011, 05:23 AM
I love all the found objects used in his work! I wish it mentioned veganism on his website somewhere, though. Even in "about the artist" says nothing about it. Just that he says to eat "healthy foods."

panthera
01-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Hey, I just saw his name in a FB friend's status! She was thanking him for drawing the logo for Feral Cat Futures. Here's part of the conversation:

#
Carol Cooley John, you are really a cool guy! Don't you want to move to Alabama and be my cook and take care of my 9 animals while I teach third grade all day? LOL
11 hours ago LikeUnlike
#
John Sakars Carol, I've seriously thought about this exact idea. Right now, I rent a house with my sister, and all I ever do is work on activism. I think it would be great to live with someone and do a few hours of cooking and cleaning every day, and then have the rest of the day to make videos, write blogs, create art for people, and do whatever the vegan community needs for me to do.