PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 steps a day

acornalley
10-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I've ordered a spiffy pedometer through Amazon that I can plug in at the end of each day and it keeps track of my progress. I'm excited.:happy: The whole reason for this purchase is so that I can work toward the doctor recommended 10,000 steps a day.

Is anyone else out there doing this program or on a walking program?

Emiloid
10-22-2010, 10:43 PM
I have a pedometer and really enjoy keeping tabs on my steps. The one I have is cheapish (and not very accurate), and I only use it when I know I'm going for a long walk or a run, but it's still fun. It's all I can do to keep from watching it the whole time.... :silly:

Do you track your daily steps or does your pedometer store the data for you?

Dugan
10-22-2010, 10:51 PM
A device & a way to track progress can be a great motivational tool! My fancy watch has a pedometer function. It was useful when I eased back in to trail running. I could watch my top speed, the average speed, for a vague sort of non-tracked benchmark. Simplified doing some burst training too. I don't wear it all the time. It's been useful too to measure a walk to keep it specific to Dugan-3.75-legs limited abilities.

acornalley
10-22-2010, 11:49 PM
This pedometer is 'supposed' to track it on a special software that I'll be installing on the computer. I'll let you know how well that goes. The program couch to 5k interests me, but only from the walking aspect. Running just doesn't interest me in the long 'run.' Pun intended.