PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Jasmine Tea

VeganMegan
07-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Jasmine tea provokes knife rampage (http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,6755612%255E13762,00.html)
The Associated Press

A US judge dropped aggravated assault and burglary charges against a man who chased a woman with a dagger after three psychologists agreed the episode was provoked by jasmine tea.

Gilbert Walker, 43, was drinking up to 10 cups of jasmine tea daily and had been dreaming of biblical struggles between good and evil before the December 3 incident, defence lawyer Mike Hunter said.

On the night Walker burst into his neighbour's home, he had hallucinated that a set of ceramic Chinese dogs were barking or talking.

"He says he's trying to keep these ceramic dogs from barking when he hears this crash," Hunter said. "He figures he's broken one of the dogs."

The crash was apparently the sound made after Walker threw a brass duck through his neighbour's glass door.

He chased the woman out of her house, and police said they found him, wild-eyed, outside the home shouting "I'm crazy".

Hunter said he contacted forensic toxicologist Dr Susan Rice, who told him that certain jasmines can be hallucinogenic. The herb is commonly taken to calm the stomach, which is why Walker was drinking it, Hunter said.

My 2 cents = :rolleyes:

misanthropy
07-15-2003, 10:01 PM
potential cheap high?
:thinking:

:p

shade
07-16-2003, 05:54 AM
legal high too! :p

...I don't want to go on a killing rampage or anything, but I quite like jasmine tea!

Lacykitten
07-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Aside from the scary aspect of some crazy guy chasing some woman out of her own house..

LMAO!!

Tea should not induce insanity and rampages!

Honestly, people who make tea, whether companies or individuals, should damn well make sure they know what they're doing!

Emiloid
07-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Wow. I usually drink tea to feel mellow, not psychotic.

jenbizagogo
07-16-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Emiloid
Wow. I usually drink tea to feel mellow, not psychotic.

Heh :D