PDA

View Full Version : Free Vegan Cheese for Seattle VRF

Wayfare
12-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Today I just heard the coolest thing from the owner of the company. We need more of a push in the Seattle area before any of us travel there and free samples are on the list. The only catch is it has to go to at least 5 people in one big box. If there are more people, there will be more in the box. How many vegans do you Seattle VRF'ers know? Would someone be willing to host a meet up for a cheese party?

What are your thoughts? Mine are that I really like this job. Vegans should get free vegan cheese, right? I can't believe I'm getting paid to do this. (someone pinch me)

Miso Vegan
12-23-2009, 01:08 AM
The only catch is it has to go to at least 5 people in one big box.

That must be one big box, to hold 5 people.

:p

Miso Vegan
12-23-2009, 01:11 AM
In all seriousness:

We do need to try again at a Seattle VRF get together, since our recent attempt fell through. I know lots of vegans here, but not many VRFers here. But we can probably get 5 of us together, maybe in January.

I also want to say that I appreciate Wayfare Food's marketing approach.

bekah-chan
12-23-2009, 03:01 AM
+1 to miso :yes:

Dugan
12-23-2009, 06:22 AM
:jealous: What about us non-Seattleites?!

Miso Vegan
12-23-2009, 10:41 AM
You have to move.

Dugan
12-23-2009, 11:36 AM
:walks away from computer and back: There! was that far enough?! :silly:

Wayfare
12-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Actually, Massachusetts will have 35 different locations carrying our We Can't Say It's Cheese. Market Basket should have them either the first or second week of January. I added them all to the store locater myself yesterday but I won't publish them until we know that people can find them in the store. Dugan, I don't know if we're headed to MA next but if we are I'll make sure to let you know!

Miso, I was informed in a meeting this morning that all vegans, vrf or not, (and even vegan friendlies) are welcome to experience the promotional cheese festivities. I don't suppose there's a vegan potluck group of some sort in Seattle? Does anyone there organize vegan dinner parties?

As for timing, we could send it as early as Monday or Tuesday of next week. Let me know what works and how many are committed. Also, if you think there's anywhere I should advertise this, I'd love to know where that might be and with whom. I don't suppose any of the vegan restaurants might be ok putting up a flier about this?

Dugan
12-23-2009, 11:43 AM
There's a Market Basket that's only a small detour from my commute path. I'll check it in the 2nd week of January. Thank you!

gladcow
12-23-2009, 11:54 AM
we could maybe come up for some cheeze! I mean, that's why we came last time :silly:

Dugan
12-23-2009, 11:58 AM
All the way to Massachusetts?!

VegeTexan
12-23-2009, 12:12 PM
I know more than 5 vegans in El Paso Texas.
hint hint

gladcow
12-23-2009, 12:23 PM
I wish, I've never been to Mass! :happy: I meant Seattle, of course :p

Wayfare
12-23-2009, 12:54 PM
I know more than 5 vegans in El Paso Texas.
hint hint
There was a "Market Basket" grocery store chain in Texas and Louisiana which completely frustrated my google searches for about 5 minutes.

We'll get there!

I wish, I've never been to Mass! :happy: I meant Seattle, of course :p
I just chatted with the owner and he can't wait for Portland! We started talking about restaurants. The last time I was in Portland there was that horrible snow storm of biblical proportions. I remember seeing cop cars stuck in snow banks, tractor trailers flipped over sideways, city employees trying to dig out intersections with garden shovels.. amidst all that chaos, that restaurant Red and Blacks was open and running with terrific efficiency. It was absolutely delicious. I think the hellish nature of that snow storm made the food taste even better.

gladcow
12-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Portland is pretty magical that way. Snow = party down timez :D

Miso Vegan
12-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Miso, I was informed in a meeting this morning that all vegans, vrf or not, (and even vegan friendlies) are welcome to experience the promotional cheese festivities. I don't suppose there's a vegan potluck group of some sort in Seattle? Does anyone there organize vegan dinner parties?

I'll look into it.

As for timing, we could send it as early as Monday or Tuesday of next week. Let me know what works and how many are committed. Also, if you think there's anywhere I should advertise this, I'd love to know where that might be and with whom. I don't suppose any of the vegan restaurants might be ok putting up a flier about this?

Dunno about flyers at restaurants...

I'm not able or inclined to organize a dinner until after the new year, but shortly after that we should be able to work something out.

Wayfare
12-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Sweet! I'll put it on the calendar.

vegankitty
12-23-2009, 04:42 PM
New York City can haz vegan cheese? I have heard it is yummy.

La Végétalienne
12-24-2009, 12:48 PM
all vegans, vrf or not, (and even vegan friendlies) are welcome to experience the promotional cheese festivities.
How about vegans in France? After all, if you can convince French taste buds, you're golden...

Wayfare
01-06-2010, 02:32 PM
New York City can haz vegan cheese? I have heard it is yummy.
Yes. New York City will get cheese. At the moment, all you'll have to do is take a train out to Connecticut. I'm working on that! We'll try to get a store in Yonkers/West Chester as soon as we can. The NYC market is a tough nut to crack.

How about vegans in France? After all, if you can convince French taste buds, you're golden...
I have no idea how global food distribution works. I'll ask!

It seems to me that it would be better to have a separate thread specific to Wayfare so as not to hijack other threads and to reduce clutter. Besides, I have Washington and Seattle specific info to update and it's best not to bury it.

Seattle - Sidecar for Pigs Peace will be carrying 2 of the flavors (Hickory and Cheddar Spread) to start out with. This is the first store in Seattle to carry it! I spoke with Doh on the phone and she said she would add them to her very next order. I have no idea when that will be but if you really want to know I suppose you could ask her.

Kent - Nature's Market in Kent will carry it. They should have it by the end of the week or sometime this weekend.

Any updates on the Cheese party? :)

Wayfare
01-06-2010, 03:38 PM
(no edit feature?)

It's at Ken's Market right now in Seattle! I just added it to the store locator. They only have one flavor and I have no idea which one it is.

Miso Vegan
01-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Seattle - Sidecar for Pigs Peace will be carrying 2 of the flavors (Hickory and Cheddar Spread) to start out with. This is the first store in Seattle to carry it! I spoke with Doh on the phone and she said she would add them to her very next order. I have no idea when that will be but if you really want to know I suppose you could ask her.

Friday.

Wayfare
01-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks!

Wayfare
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
We're sending Sidecar a fun package in the mail next week. :)

La Végétalienne
01-08-2010, 02:19 PM
(no edit feature?)
There is, but it goes away after an hourish.

Calliope
01-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Canada can haz yummy vegan cheezes?

Wayfare
01-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Yes! I just asked and it looks like Canada will probably happen sometime in the next 2 to 3 months. For more info, see the new Wayfare Foods thread in Products.

lullured
01-12-2010, 10:54 AM
I have no idea how global food distribution works. I'll ask!

Please do :yes: