PDA

View Full Version : The smell of dairy (DO NOT read on a weak stomach or before eating!)

georgiemcfly
07-11-2003, 10:45 AM
I recently got an ingrown nail which caused a great swelling and much pain. After about 3 days I was finally able to drain the surprisingly large build up of pus and as I did I was over come by a stench which I realised was familiar. It was the exact same "smell" as when you walk into a large grocery store walk-in full of dairy. For some time now I have known that it (dairy) stunk like shit but I hadn't realised that the pus content was enough to be such a major contributor in the stench.
Another point crashes loudly into the veganism debate toolbox!

Georgie

VeganKen
07-11-2003, 12:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your foot. Hope it's healing well.

I know what you mean by the rancid smell of dairy. The Whole Foods by my house has the stinkest cheese and meat departments! It's smells like a locker room. I never noticed it until after I went vegan. I have to admit though, if vegan brie is ever invented I'll be all over it... :p

its_a_gas
07-11-2003, 04:12 PM
As I've mentioned before, I am a total rookie vegan (just over 3 months) and I am just now starting to notice the smell. Yeah, it's pretty gross.

Oatmeal Girl
07-17-2003, 08:59 PM
That's totally disgusting, and very persuasive! I can relate to the nasty-dairy syndrome....the other day I smelled milk, then imagined the taste, and I couldnt believe that I used to guzzle the stuff! It's a good thing that I've realized how gross dairy products are.

Funzo
07-19-2003, 03:37 AM
yeah, I'm sooo glad I went vegan. I read somewhere that many states are over the legal limit when it comes to the pus content of milk! That's gross that it even NEEDS a legal limit!!!

Another point for veganism! yay!

cin
07-27-2003, 12:09 AM
thats really nasty.. ive never noticed a bad smell and ive been vegan for about a year & 2 months. maybe the next time someone's drinking milk i'll smell it. after being vegetarian for 8 years, im just now noticing how F*CKING NASTY meat smells, even cooked.. especially cafeteria meat.. the smell from someone eating it next to me is almost enough to ruin my lunch sometimes! you know what i discovered today.. ham smells like dog food.

............time to start sniffin milk!

Adams
07-27-2003, 02:17 AM
The thing that really makes me gag is the smell of ‘instant’ meat and dairy products. I can't stand to smell tinned beef or fish, or tv dinner style pasta with alfredo sauce. Not only is it the least appealing, least nutritious thing I could ever imagine, but omnis tend to hate it too. I really don't know what people think when they buy that stuff.

ajveg
08-02-2003, 04:33 PM
oh boy do i know what you mean! i work for marks and spencer and we have a big walk in fridge full of dairy products and before i was vegan i didn't mind going in there now i feel physically sick whenever i go in there and no one understands why i mean i want to throw up the smell its rotten but now i am just barbling.......................................... .......:embarr:

TomJ
08-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Hey there Georgiemcfly,
How's that ingrowing toe nail doing? Have you seen a doctor about it? I had one for about a year and a half because I kept putting off getting it sorted. They can hurt SO much.

I had the operation to get it sorted and it's amazing, really the difference it makes.

Tom