PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Pizza Night at Ian's

Dandelion
07-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Not sure what their plan is but they're now doing a "Vegan Pizza Night":

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ian’s Pizza Wrigleyville to Feature Made-to-Order Vegan Pizza

CHICAGO– Ian’s Pizza Wrigleyville has officially announced its first ever “Vegan Pizza Night.” The
event will take place on Monday, August 10th, and be hosted at the store.

“The support and enthusiasm for more vegan options in the area has been outstanding,” said Ian’s Pizza
Wrigleyville General Manager Dimitri Syrkin-Nikolau. “Following two well-received taste tests, we
realized just how great the need is for vegan pizza in Wrigleyville.”

Ian’s partnership with Upton’s Naturals, a Chicago-based natural foods producer specializing in vegan
alternatives, and Chicago Soydairy, a 100% vegan facility offering vegan cheese, ice cream, and
marshmallows, has further strengthened Ian’s credibility in the vegan community.

“When Ian’s approached us with the idea, we knew we really wanted to get involved,” said Chicago
Soydairy’s Mary Howard. “They’ve done a remarkable job making their fantastic pizza vegan.”

From 5-10 p.m. on August 10th, Ian’s will be producing made-to-order 12’’ and 20’’ pizzas. Customers
may choose up to three toppings and orders must be placed in advance, up until Sunday, August 9th, and
can be sent to ariel@ianspizza.com.

The event will be the first of its kind at Ian’s Pizza.

Ian’s Pizza by the Slice opened its first restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin, in 2001. Known for its unusual
toppings, high-quality ingredients, and late-night crowds, there are now three locations. The third
location, Ian’s Pizza Wrigleyville, opened at 3463 N. Clark St., in July 2008.

Ariel Sandler
404-293-0249
ariel@ianspizza.com

###

Here's the menu in a convenient 1.8 MB pdf (http://images.veganchicago.com/Ians_Pizza_Vegan_Menu.pdf) :rolleyes:

gladcow
07-31-2009, 10:58 AM
we feel the same about menu pdfs at my work :D

gennifer
07-31-2009, 12:55 PM
cant wait.
nice that whole foods will eventually have some competition!

markustrombonus
07-31-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm hoping this is a kick-off and not a one-off...

markustrombonus
08-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Hey guys, in case you haven't heard, Ian's Pizza is having another vegan night this evening.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd290/markustrombonus/Ians824.jpg

schmeel
08-24-2009, 09:54 AM
woo hoo! I'll be in town for this one!

ETA: Wait that's TODAY!

XherbivoreX
08-24-2009, 10:57 AM
i'm glad they are doing walk-ins - the initial idea to order ahead was ridiculous. i pictured having a craving for pizza and being told to go home because i didnt forsee it 24 hours in advance. they did honor walk-ins the first night, though, which was a pleasant surprise. the pizza was great!

shananigans
08-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Damn, wish I could have stayed in Chicago one extra day! :umm:

My emails to both local Ian's locations suggesting vegan pizza night have gone unanswered :brood:

matriarco
08-25-2009, 10:38 AM
I was pretty impressed. We got three pizzas, one with pineapple, onions and bbq seitan, one with artichoke hearts, mushrooms and roasted red pepper, and one that was their macaroni and cheese pizza. All of them were really good, even the macaroni and cheese, which we got mostly out of curiosity.

An added fun part was watching the Wrigleyville frat boys come in looking for pizza slices only to be told that it was vegan pizza night. Some of them I think were incapable of understanding the word vegan because they proceeded to then try to order anyway and ended up walking away looking confused.

grog
08-25-2009, 12:50 PM
:envy:

quagga
08-25-2009, 01:14 PM
:envy:

Hey grog - We can probably get a local pizza shop to try making a vegan cheese pizza. I'd love to do a vegan meetup with a friendly pizzeria. Wanna help?

First we can start with vegan pizzas made to order, then work our way up to slices.

schmeel
08-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Yeah, it was good, and I'd like to show support, to help prove vegan pizza is a viable option, but I sure hope someone who makes better pizza (preferably a local company) gets in on the action of vegan pizza. Next time I'm gonna try a pizza w/out cheese, 'cause that's how I like to roll.