PDA

View Full Version : College Vegan

iamtheqbu
02-21-2003, 03:35 PM
Hey everybody! I'm hailing from Meadville PA, the red-neck capital of the world!:D I'm a college student, and one of very few vegans in the entire town. My school does offer a vegan bar, and frequently serves veggie meals, but the student body is pathetically barren of vegan buddies. *Cries* I want a vegan buddy! :cry: I did start the school's first ever Vegan House, but so far, I'm the only resident who's a vegan! Everyone else is just willing to go without their beloved animal products for the duration of their stay, which is pretty good. Maybe I'll convert them yet! I'll post the url for the house when I finish it, but the house itself isn't starting until next semester (September). Time for a tangent! I just tried vegan-rella, and it's pretty good on pizza. It looks kinda funny, and tastes not like cheese, but I didn't expect it to, so I thought it was pretty good when I lightly sprinkled it over veggie pizza. I'm out of organic juice...

Em :cool:
(iamtheqbu)

AdiaStar
02-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Hi Em!

Welcome! :)

herbi
02-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by iamtheqbu
I just tried vegan-rella, and it's pretty good on pizza. It looks kinda funny, and tastes not like cheese, but I didn't expect it to, so I thought it was pretty good

:o
Welcome indeed, but I must STRONGLY disagree with you!!! (Where's the smiley for "vomiting" when you need it??? ;)) Ha ha-- one of my friends has a personal vendetta against VeganRella for, as she sees it, making non-vegans who try it think that we are all crazy fools who eat disturbing plastic-like substances... But to each her own! (And kudos for starting a house!)

VeganKen
02-22-2003, 09:47 AM
I second herbi on the VeganRella. I don't mind the cheddar style if it's grated on something but the mozzerella is just sick and wrong!!! :p

There's a pizza place here that makes vegan pizza with a tofu ricotta "cheese". It's mucho better in my humble opinion. (I'm going there for lunch today :D )

Anyhoo - welcome to the board Em!

[edited after looking at the calendar:]
P.S. and happy belated birthday!

penfold
02-22-2003, 11:31 AM
hello em!

we will be your vegan buddies!!

i've never tried or even seen veganrella but just to even things up - i love it!! fabulous stuff!! gimme gimme!!

herbi
02-25-2003, 08:28 PM
Keep meaning to ask you this... Ummm... what's a qbu? :confused: :)

iamtheqbu
02-26-2003, 11:20 AM
Ever played Star Craft? I was in love with the game a few years back, and my favorite quote from it is when Kerigan(sp?) says "Well, I guess that makes me the queen bitch of the universe!" Cracked me up!! :D

IAMTHEQBU!!

herbi
02-26-2003, 06:48 PM
AHHH!!! Now I see! LOL-- I just kept mentally reading it as, "I am the Q-boo" or sometimes the "kwaboo" or somthing like that, and then I started thinking maybe that rabid dog was what Your People referred to as a Qbu??? :) (I am rather silly, in case that wasn't readily apparent already...) Makes much more sense now! Thanks! :p

erasmus
02-26-2003, 07:10 PM
that game rocks.
"jacked up and good to go"
:happy:

iamtheqbu
02-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Turns out I forgot to tell how/why I became vegan. Silly me.:laugh:

My younger sister has been a vegetarian for a few years now, and for the longest time I was a meatatarian (like a stupid omnivore, except WORSE) I would always make fun of her for it, but I think it was just to hide my real feelings. Inside, I was questioning meat. About a week before I started my freshman year at college, I went on a steak kick. I had a steak, medium done, of course, every time we went out, and many nights at home. Once again, it was just my way of saying to myself "Look! It tastes soo good, how could it be bad?!" Duh. Sometime during mid september my freshman seminar called Animals in Art and Life examined a work of art by Sue Coe called "The Pecking Order" Out of curiosity, I visited the web site that my teacher had given us if we wanted to see more of Sue Coe's work. www.factoryfarming.com I did more than go to it, I read every word on that site. I was vegan the next day, and haven't looked back since!

Dandelion
02-26-2003, 07:15 PM
YAY for Starcraft! :thumbsup:

VeganKen
02-26-2003, 07:33 PM
ROTFL!!! I had no idea that's what iamtheqbu meant! Too funny!