PDA

View Full Version : Deni Kaos' vegan story

deni_kaos
12-29-2008, 01:24 AM
well, ok... here it goes.

i was originally a vegetarian a little over a year ago, because, i heard it was healthier, and my friends were doing it...

lame, i know.

well, now, only one of my friends is still vegetarian/vegan

anyway, over this last summer, i was kinda in a relationship with a guy... who was vegan, and i kinda did the vegan thing for him too

even lamer...

well, it didn't work out with him, but i saw how easy it was to be a vegan, and how healthy i was, and how much weight i lost (safely, not from malnutrition) and i have been vegan ever since.

squirrel
12-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Any reason for being vegan is a good one, because of the good you end up doing, either on purpose, or on accident. :) I hope your journey brings you more reasons that don't seem "lame" to you. Feel free to open your mind and heart and learn all the reasons we became vegan. There are so many!! I'm happy to made the choice! :)

mishka
12-29-2008, 09:50 AM
It's only lame if you stopped being vegan after you broke up :)

Welcome!

topperarnold
12-29-2008, 10:13 AM
welcome!

VegeTexan
12-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Welcome to Vegan Represent.

Dugan
12-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Sounds like you're the least lame of the bunch! Welcome.

robbie707
12-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey deni kaos

Along our journey we meet people who will influence our direction ... it sounds like you have met the right people @ the right time, for your learning & growth ... enjoy this journey, that is healthy and respectful of the world, animals and your body, mind and spirit.

Robbie

sitting_vegan
12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Welcome!

Provoked
01-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Yep... we each got here for our own reasons and in our own way.

I went vegan for the animals... never was an "environmentalist"... now, I recycle :)

It's about many merging paths. Glad yours made it to VR! Welcome :)