PDA

View Full Version : Are you Vegan Sexual?

greenlightflix
12-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Well, I've started yet another documentary. This one is on Vegansexuals. It would be great to get some feedback. I've already begun some on-camera interviews.

What would you NOT do with someone who is not vegetarian or vegan?

Would you not date him or her?
Would you not kiss him or her?
Would you not have sex with him or her?
Would you not do anything sexual with them? (I won't get graphic here in case minors or victorian school teachers are lurking)

If you met someone you like, but they are not vegetarian or vegan, how would you let them know how you are, and what options would you offer them if the relationship is to progress?

Oh, and what are your thoughts on using --- or not using --- vegan sex toys?

Do you have any stories to share about finding yourself in any of the above situations, and any advice on how others should handle them?

btw, If anyone is willing to appear on camera for this documentary, please let me know.

Shibo
12-19-2008, 01:32 AM
I would date someone only if I felt that he was able eventually to see the connection between choosing not to kick a dog and choosing not to pay someone to dump a live pig in a scalding tank. I also would never date (or even talk to) someone who was extremely religious unless I felt that he could eventually see that, no matter how you look at it, there is probably no god, so we shouldn't assume that there is one.

Admiral Halsey's RAM
12-19-2008, 03:42 AM
I could never date/bang a non-veg*n and even vegetarians would bug me if they didn't go vegan eventually. I'd only consider a vegetarian if i thought they'd go vegan.

I have to admit to that vegan temptation known as the Droxine Weakness (http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/The_Cloud_Minders_(episode)). One girl in particular causes it for me. One of the very first times we chatted, we talked about her co-worker, who is a slightly well-known ARA. She said something along the lines of "Vegetarians are OK, but vegans drive me nuts". That's when my idiot pal Kelly told her i'm vegan.

I've gotten the impression that she's interested but i've pretty much ignored her because she's not vegan, and seems rather opinionated about it. Or it could be that Extreme feminine beauty... is always disturbing. I get the impression that ignoring her just keeps her curious. Ah, well, maybe i'll just photograph her nude. I'll definitely go that far. ;-) But i wouldn't like it! :rolleyes:

AhimsaBland
12-19-2008, 05:22 AM
I'll have sexual encounters with meat eaters, as long as they don't smell or taste like meat or haven't ingested it recently or have brushed their teeth thoroughly since eating. I only use vegan contraception regardless of course(which is hard to find in my town).. but I certainly wouldn't date them though unless they had intentions on going vegan eventually (it'd be sooner than later with me! *shakes fist*).

I don't know though, I may go full vegan when it comes to girls in the future...

VegeTexan
12-19-2008, 06:54 AM
This feels a little awkward, like kiss and tell, but what the hell.
I have been vegetarian for thirty years, vegan for ten.
Was married to a vegetarian for 12, after that, when I went vegan, I only dated and had relations with vegans.
A woman doesn't appeal to me unless she shares my values.

downwithapathy
12-19-2008, 10:48 AM
I thought I'd found a vegan partner for life, which convinced me I only wanted to be with vegans. Now that I'm back in the game, I've found myself eyeing some vegetarian and vegetarian-receptive boys. I probably could be with a vegetarian/nonvegan long-term, so long as he understood the reasons for veganism, ate vegan as much as he felt he could, and attributed the rest to personal weakness. :p One thing my last relationship taught me is that expectations for perfection can be very alienating for all in involved.

Admiral Halsey's RAM
12-19-2008, 11:03 AM
What's wrong with alienating the imperfect? It's illegal to kill them. So just alienate 'em.

phloxy
12-19-2008, 01:57 PM
I've posted on this topic elsewhere on these forums. I've been satisfied banging meateaters at different times. I mean, who doesn't like consensual sex, right? It's like icing.

But icing is only good for so long before you get sick of it. Eventually you want a cake with that icing, and if I'm gonna to make a cake, it ain't gonna have any eggs or dairy in it.

So I'm sticking with vegans. One in particular, to be specific. Oh my god. Maybe I need to go over and revive the crush thread because I am :sunny:.

btw, If anyone is willing to appear on camera for this documentary, please let me know.

Hee hee. What exactly would one have to be willing to do on camera for a film about vegansexuals? ;)

lisa75
12-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I've only dated omnivores in my lifetime, and that is all I've ever had sex with. I feel disapointed, though, and I've made up my mind that my next partner is either going to be vegan or vegetarian. That's my goal.

beforewisdom
12-19-2008, 03:34 PM
I thought I'd found a vegan partner for life, which convinced me I only wanted to be with vegans. Now that I'm back in the game, I've found myself eyeing some vegetarian and vegetarian-receptive boys. I probably could be with a vegetarian/nonvegan long-term, so long as he understood the reasons for veganism, ate vegan as much as he felt he could, and attributed the rest to personal weakness. :p One thing my last relationship taught me is that expectations for perfection can be very alienating for all in involved.

Amen. Having veganism in common is a BIG factor, but it isn't the only factor and it is not enough by itself to sustain a relationship.

When dating the shorter your deal breaker list is the better chance is that you will find someone.

Being perfectionistic just gets you lonely

lisa75
12-19-2008, 03:51 PM
It is possible to draw anyone we want into our reality. Its important to have a clear idea of who we want to attract into our lives so that the universe can bring that person to us. ...I'm not saying to have a list of dealbreakers, or to judge our potential dates and be too picky...rather to send out a clear intention to the universe and have that exact person enter our lives.

I believe we can have, do or be anything we want. Its a good idea to write out a list of positive qualities we want in our partners, and to write out an affirmation.

My list is very short, there are only a few things I really want, but at the same time I tried to specific enough so the universe would not recieve confusion, or send out the wrong person. (yes, I know my beliefs are a little new-agey).

VegeTexan
12-19-2008, 04:45 PM
a little?

lisa75
12-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Yes, maybe so...around the edges.

VegeTexan
12-19-2008, 06:11 PM
(me too, but I find it hard to believe in The Secret and visualization stuff)

AhimsaBland
12-19-2008, 06:13 PM
What's wrong with alienating the imperfect? It's illegal to kill them. So just alienate 'em.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AhimsaBland
12-19-2008, 06:16 PM
The Secret

Brought to you by this guy:
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i69/mischarmed/working%20pix/StraightJacket.jpg

lisa75
12-19-2008, 07:32 PM
The Secret?!! How did we get onto that subject?

VegeTexan
12-19-2008, 07:39 PM
"It is possible to draw anyone we want into our reality. Its important to have a clear idea of who we want to attract into our lives so that the universe can bring that person to us."

That sounded like something straight out of The Secret.
(I have the dvd, and I wish it were true,
I wish it were true, I wish it were true)

lisa75
12-19-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm not into the secret or anything like that. This is my belief system, that I have held true for years.

It bothers me that sensationalized books hit the media, with half truths and partial ideas, and then make a mockery out of long held belief systems and philosophies. It is insulting to say the least.

VegeTexan
12-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Lisa, I am sorry if I offended you.
I do think that visualization is an important part of my meditations.
I didn't mean to demean your beliefs in anyway.
I too am bothered by people who try to make a fast buck by re-pedalling important philosphies in a watered down easy for the masses to swallow package (much like Oprah's vegan diet, gag gag.)
Anyway, forgive me if I was out of line. please

lisa75
12-19-2008, 07:51 PM
No, its ok! I'm not offended, really its ok.

VegeTexan
I keep getting threads off topic, ok, sorry, but I also hate to keep creating new posts to express something.
I think ooops, this new post is going to clog bandwidth on VR.

Contrary to my very science based view of the universe, I think my late wife contacted me. I would believe, wish, hold dear the view that that happened.

VegeTexan
:kiss::kiss:lisa

lisa75
12-19-2008, 07:54 PM
It probably did really happen. The universe is so complex, there is so much that science just doesn't know about it, yet.

How did she contact you?

VegeTexan
12-19-2008, 09:59 PM
I'll tell you the story if you are really interested. and I'll tell you the truth

TressaLou
12-19-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm interested.

VegeTexan
12-19-2008, 10:08 PM
oh god, now TL wants me to tell her a bedtime story about my late wife.
Hey, TL, it's over.

VegeTexan
12-19-2008, 10:09 PM
I have to say, I have laughed real hard today.

TressaLou
12-19-2008, 10:10 PM
:p

VegeTexan
12-19-2008, 10:10 PM
With all the pain in the world,
with our awareness of animal suffering
it's nice when we can take a moment to laugh...
I love you guys

VegeTexan
12-19-2008, 10:11 PM
so much

Admiral Halsey's RAM
12-20-2008, 02:47 AM
It is possible to draw anyone we want into our reality. Its important to have a clear idea of who we want to attract into our lives so that the universe can bring that person to us. ...{snip}

...rather to send out a clear intention to the universe and have that exact person enter our lives.

So it's like the univerise is a giant "click here for a free iPod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_jG58qg1k)" banner? Cool!

I believe we can have, do or be anything we want. Its a good idea to write out a list of positive qualities we want in our partners, and to write out an affirmation.

My list is very short, there are only a few things I really want, but at the same time I tried to specific enough so the universe would not recieve confusion, or send out the wrong person. (yes, I know my beliefs are a little new-agey).

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1115/extraordinarybartcu4.jpg

Whether you realize if or not, your beliefs are essentially the same as what's found in "The Secret". The Secret of The Secret is that's it's just a recycled EST from the '70s. Here are the Secret secrets of The Secret. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_jG58qg1k) :D

VegeTexan
12-20-2008, 03:15 AM
Admiral, it has worked for me in the past, but I will never admit it.
Several girls have fallen into my bed just because I envisioned it,
but I don't kiss and tell.
I have to be careful, cause I have the power of the Secret.

Admiral Halsey's RAM
12-20-2008, 04:27 AM
I'll believe that when you send me the hidden green IR video with Natlie Portman, Alicia Silverstone, or some other recognizable but unattainable vegan cutie.

VegeTexan
12-20-2008, 04:41 AM
I don't want to say how much of my hard drive is taken up by Alicia Silverstone pics.

VegeTexan
12-20-2008, 04:42 AM
I saw her once. I came within a foot or two of her.

Admiral Halsey's RAM
12-20-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm torn between making a Bukakke joke and recommending more carrots to help improve your aim.

lisa75
12-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Ok, I said those things, that I believe because someone earlier in this thread said "we shouldn't be too fussy or we will end up alone" and I was shocked to hear that. (I know I should recopy the quote here). anyway, do you all really believe that we need to settle for second best, or for whatever comes along, because if we dont we will end up alone? Do you really believe that you can not have the person you truely want? Do you really believe you don't deserve someone wonderful, and so have to settle for anything that you find? And is this type of close minded, negative thinking what this society considers as normal?

I studied positive thinking and vedanta (philosophy) at my yoga center, years before the secret came out. That book and movie is a media attempt to make money off of wisdom and truths, that don't need to be sold to anyone. I can' t help it if a movie like that made a big joke out of things that people believe in.

There are wonderful books on the topic of positive thinking, such as "As a man thinketh" by James Allen, "Thought Power" by Swami Sivananda, and many other books by Wallace Wattles, Louise Hay and Swami Vishnu devananda.

Please leave the silliness of the Secret behind. It is just a media farce.

I do honestly believe that I deserve to have someone wonderful in my life, I can't be too fussy, and I believe that we do draw everyone into our lives. We have all drawn each other into our lives for this conversation. And if I choose that i will have a vegan partner, I will have that partner. I will not settle for second best, nor will I leave behind what I want to settle for any old thing just so I will not have to be alone.

VegeTexan
12-20-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm torn between making a Bukakke joke and recommending more carrots to help improve your aim.

Oh, dude, you are going so far beyond me....
please remember that most of VRF members are chicks, and we want to get into their pants, not alieninate them. Please refer to...

http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=14330&highlight=masterclass

downwithapathy
12-20-2008, 07:19 PM

I'll elaborate. I do need someone who shares my philosophy regarding veganism (at least after the earliest stages of our relationship). It means too much to me for me to bond long-term to someone who just doesn't care. However, I have been with someone who was my philosophical and dietary twin. Any differences between us stuck out like a sore thumb. I was bothered by things I roll my eyes at now. I'm not going to turn from someone who falls short or who isn't as far along/as quick of a study as I may be.

TressaLou
12-20-2008, 07:40 PM
In response to lisa, I believe it is entirely possible to attract someone who is initially an omnivore, only to help them realize they want to be veg*n. That's why I won't avoid dating someone who meets my many other standards but falls short because of what he eats. Some people just have never thought about it before, and need someone to guide them. Therefore, I will date an omni as long as he is the right guy in most other ways.

VegeTexan
12-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Therefore, I will date an omni as long as he is the right guy in most other ways.

what a loser

mamaquilla
12-20-2008, 09:42 PM
:o:mad:

TressaLou
12-20-2008, 09:49 PM
VT, who's the loser, me or the hypothetical guy?

Admiral Halsey's RAM
12-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Oh, dude, you are going so far beyond me....
please remember that most of VRF members are chicks, and we want to get into their pants, not alieninate them. Please refer to...

http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=14330&highlight=masterclass

You've got that backwards. If they don't have a sense of humor, they're not going to get my pants.

Therefore, I will date an omni as long as he is the right guy in most other ways.

No! Don't be a carniwhore! Didn't you know that you can visualize your ideal mate and the universe will deliver him to you? (If you're not home, the universe leaves a little stickynote on your door telling you where to pick him up.)

TressaLou
12-20-2008, 09:57 PM
No! Don't be a carniwhore! Didn't you know that you can visualize your ideal mate and the universe will deliver him to you? (If you're not home, the universe leaves a little stickynote on your door telling you where to pick him up.)

I find your sense of humor (if that's what this is) to be offensive, and I wish you would settle down your ridiculous comments. :mad:

KaliMama
12-20-2008, 10:15 PM
I find your sense of humor (if that's what this is) to be offensive, and I wish you would settle down your ridiculous comments. :mad:

At the risk of being edited and possibly scolded for being unfriendly to the esteemed admiral once again:

+1

By the time VT tells you that you have gone too far, you have already offended almost everyone else.

For future reference: if you offend veganshawn, you are probably going to hell.

Always happy to help a n00b. :blank:

VegeTexan
12-20-2008, 10:21 PM

VegeTexan
12-20-2008, 10:45 PM
KaliMama,
I love it that you hold me as the borderline of what is offensive.
:kiss:

KaliMama
12-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Hey, you worked hard to earn that special offensive-yet-loveable place in my heart, big guy.

:kiss: back atcha

VegeTexan
12-20-2008, 11:53 PM
god, I'm crying now

KaliMama
12-21-2008, 01:47 AM
:laugh:

And I am laughing at you.

You see how evil spreads, children?

grog
12-21-2008, 01:53 AM
let's try to stay on topic folks.

And for the record, I find the idea of a documentary with the words "vegan sexual" in the title both creepy, and disconcerting as it casts vegans in exclusionary light.

vegankitty
12-21-2008, 07:47 AM
I found it offensive too. You need to learn to play nice.

Now , back to the topic , I agree with Grog. It makes vegans appear exclusionary.(Which a lot are.) I think its easy to forget very few , if any , of us have been vegan our whole lives and how the whole attitude of moral superiority can be a turn off. Sometimes I think the attitude of some vegans does a big disservice to AR. I know that there's a difference between not being an a**hole about being vegan and dating an omni but any omni seeing this isn't going to think that.

Dandelion
12-21-2008, 04:41 PM
let's try to stay on topic folks.

Stay on topic folks.

robbie707
12-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Thought is would add another thing to ponder, re this age old question!
i work in the field of sexual and reproductive health and was having a healthy conversation with co-workers the other day re this topic (b4 knowing of and being a member of this site).
My workmate know i am a vegan / raw foodie... & one shared with me that a friend of his might be interested in connceting with me.
I stated i would not be interested in being intimate with a meat eater.
This raised many an eyebrow and further questions of me, from my workmates.
I stated that if i was to be intimate with that person, i would compromise my ethical and true position, being a veagn / raw foodie.

I feel if i was to be intimate with a non-vegan i and (yes a bit graphic in description) and tasted / partook of their bodily fluids in anyway, it would make me a non-vegan! In effect i would be a meat eater... no pun intended.:o

This created great debate, shock and awe in the office... but they know my stance and respected it (tho it spun them out no end):umm:

What do my fellow vegan / vego / raw foodies think? Please add to this debate...

Robbie

Miso Vegan
12-22-2008, 03:18 PM
My workmate know i am a vegan / raw foodie... & one shared with me that a friend of his might be interested in connceting with me.

I stated that if i was to be intimate with that person, i would compromise my ethical and true position, being a veagn / raw foodie.

I feel if i was to be intimate with a non-vegan i and (yes a bit graphic in description) and tasted / partook of their bodily fluids in anyway, it would make me a non-vegan! In effect i would be a meat eater... no pun intended.:o

Well, you can of course draw your own line for what's acceptable for you.
I don't agree that it would make you non-vegan to indulge in an omnivore's fluids. Veganism is a celebration of life, respect for the inherent worth of other sentient beings. It excludes abuse of others and using others against their will. But having sex with someone (at least, not how we're talking about it) is not abusive or using them against their will.

That they consumed animal products which in turn make up their fluids . . . well, you once consumed animal products, so theoretically you are still made up of animal products, too. In other words, to me, tasting other humans' fluids is just too far removed from the act of eating animals to call it "not vegan." That'd be like saying you won't eat organic vegetables because bone and blood meal may have been applied to the plants.

eta: that doesn't mean I think you should have sex with an omni just because you can.

robbie707
12-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Hey Miso Vegan

Thanks for your reply re my adding to this debate :)

The other part of the issue, is the taste perspective of the respective intimate partner ... & the saying you are what you eat.
That is if the other person is non-vegan the food they consume will influence body smells and possibly taste?

Thanks for your perspective tho ... much appreciated.

Robbie

Miso Vegan
12-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Well, yes, taste/smell may be affected - or may not - that'd be a "risk" every vegan contemplating sex with an omni would have to weigh (I put "risk" in quotes because it's not a safety/health risk, just a risk of aversion).

Naturally, we have a thread on this topic (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=367), too.... :D

Here's the other thread (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=7374) (the one I referred to in the "My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me to Be Vegan" thread) wherein we attempt to hash this out. And here's another (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=3949). This one (http://www.plantbasedpeople.com/showthread.php?t=172)'s older.

robbie707
12-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Hey... Miso Vegan

Thanks for that ... checked out the first thread, it made interesting reading :)
Have viewed My boyfriend... also a useful read.

Thanks
Robbie

atomicpdx
04-10-2009, 12:39 PM
since I became vegan nearly 10ish years ago I have only seeriously dated other vegans (although have had trists omni and lazy veg) am a gay guy so it is a little harder. Anyone know any cute spiritual vegans guys? lol :rolleyes:

Rainwish
04-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Including your area and age might help Atomic. I know I'm looking for the same thing you are but where I live there don't seem to be any to be found. I wish you luck though.

Miso Vegan
04-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Good luck - and lotsa patience - to both of you. A good partner is out there for you.

atomicpdx
04-14-2009, 12:26 PM
lol, sorry 34 Portland Oregon