PDA

View Full Version : How I became a Vegan Soldier

VeganSoldier
10-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Well I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for most of my live. That is, from when I was 12 years old and tomorrow is my 31st birthday so...
I only started to think about going vegan a year or 8 ago -because I was getting aware about the dairy and chicken industry and finally a bunch of members at ARCO confinced me that it was the only moral thing to do.

Although I already didn't wear leather for many years it would take long before I could get rid of my portions of cheese and quorn burgers.
It was in Portugal (Aug 2007) that I finally decided to cut cheese and any other non-vegan stuff out of my diet.

We went to a juice cure. 7 days 3 vegetable juices a day :laugh:
The juices wheren't very tasted but they did make me pure, or at least that's how it felth to me ;)
Anyway the day we left I walked one more time at the cheese section in a portuguees supermarked -they've got a lot of kinds there. It was actually a pretty emotional moment. I turned around and walked away. Since that day I have never looked at cheese products again.
I don't understand why I ever ate quorn as vegan burgers can be so much better.

It's great to be vegan and I am angry at myself that I didn't make the switch sooner :D

Till no I have found it very easy and do not have any creavings.
Eating at a restaurant is something different however. I used to enjoy eating out and hardly do so anymore as at a lot of places all I can eat is a salade :(
I've got a 5 month old daughter and we are planning on raising her vegan. If their are any other vegan parents around here please contact me with adviece, tips,...

Great to be amoung so many other vegans!

Shion
10-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Welcome!! :)

Miso Vegan
10-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Welcome, and Happy Birthday!!!

veganshawn
10-30-2008, 02:28 AM
They are a few vegan parents on here, so ask away.

sitting_vegan
10-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Welcome!

VegeTexan
10-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Welcome to VR, VeganSoldier, and Happy Birthday.