PDA

View Full Version : Windy City Comicon

schmeel
10-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey!

Super last minute notice!
On Saturday, October 25, I'm gonna be exhibiting my comics at the Windy City Comicon. It's the only comics convention that takes place in the actualy city of Chicago, and is creator-focussed, putting the artists in the middle of the room, and providing artists such as me free table space! There'll be a ton of really great artists who cover a wide range of styles in art and story telling, this show seems likely to have something for anyone interested in reading stories in pictorial form. I'll be there selling my books (My fer real name is Neil Brideau), The Trugglemat, and Spitting Pennies, as well as a brand new book, Alpha City Comics (written by Kevin Sciretta, and drawn by me), which will debut at the show. I'll also have tons of free comics, buttons, stickers and drawings to give to people, and my Sock-Monster book, In Anticipation of Hugs will be available at the Short Pants Press table. Admission is only $5 and the first 500 attendees receive a free gift bag with tons of goodies from Top Shelf Productions (arguably one of the best independent comics companies out there). If you live in Chicago, you should stop by, and if you know anyone who lives in Chicago, you should encourage them to stop by.

The Windy City Comicon
October 25, 10am-6pm
at the Center on Halsted
http://www.windycitycomicon.com

Sorry to be MIA and then jump on here and make a pretty self-promotional post. I am officially a jerk (certificate pending).

lamb
10-23-2008, 06:02 PM
fer coool! I wish I could go!

note: certificates take time to print, expect 5-8 business days shipping