PDA

View Full Version : CSU Chico Vegan/Vegetarian clubs

RuKKuS__
10-14-2008, 02:45 AM
Does anybody know if there are any vegetarian/vegan groups or clubs on the campus and when they meet? I'm a transfer student here and would love to meet other vegans and hang out. Judging by the large vegetarian and vegan menu options on the campus, I can tell there is some sort of demand for it. So where are they all at? :p

Thanks a lot guys!

quagga
10-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Rukkus -- contact Shannon via http://vegan.meetup.com/451/members/. She is the organizer of the Chico State Animal Rights group. There are also a couple of Chico state students and profs who are members of the meetup group as well, and you can try contacting them, too.

There is no veg club per se on campus that I am aware of. I believe that the veg dining options you are seeing on campus are being driven partly by the sustainability mission of CSUC. I'm happy to see these options, though, no matter what the cause.

Good luck! If you ever want to meet up for lunch, PM me. I work downtown and am generally available.

RuKKuS__
10-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Quagga, thanks for the info! I contacted her and we've already exchanged info. I appreciate it and lunch sounds great! I'll definitely take you up on that offer. :drool:

Emiloid
10-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Sounds like CSUC has improved some since I was there a year and a half ago! I could hardly find any vegan food on campus. However, there was a lot of ovo-lacto veggie food, from what I remember. Of course, I was also a complete cheap-skate, so maybe I missed (or forgot about) some options that seemed too pricey. :p

RuKKuS__
10-30-2008, 03:20 AM
Sounds like CSUC has improved some since I was there a year and a half ago! I could hardly find any vegan food on campus. However, there was a lot of ovo-lacto veggie food, from what I remember. Of course, I was also a complete cheap-skate, so maybe I missed (or forgot about) some options that seemed too pricey. :p
To be honest, I've never eaten one meal on campus. HA! I am dead broke and I live alone, so money is very tight. But I've heard very good things about their vegan wraps and i see plenty of vegetarian options on the menus when I do my window shopping for food. HA.:drool:

walrus
10-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey RuKKuS, why not come to one of our vegan meetups? You're missing out!

RuKKuS__
12-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Hey RuKKuS, why not come to one of our vegan meetups? You're missing out!

I keep on missing them by a couple days :( My schedule is super hectic as of lately, but maybe if there is something going on during the winter break, I'd be able to check it out :D

quagga
12-11-2008, 09:40 AM
There will probably be something in January.

SamiLooWho
04-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Does anybody know if there are any vegetarian/vegan groups or clubs on the campus and when they meet? I'm a transfer student here and would love to meet other vegans and hang out. Judging by the large vegetarian and vegan menu options on the campus, I can tell there is some sort of demand for it. So where are they all at? :p

Thanks a lot guys!

Hey RuKKuS, I am the new President of Chico for Animal Rights. My name is Sami. I really hope to see you around next semester!

What are some things you are interested in doing with this club, I would really like some suggestions!

check out of facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9008391092&ref=ts

:)
or feel free to e-mail me at anytime chicoforanimalrights@gmail.com