PDA

View Full Version : Elysa's Vegan Story

elysa
08-05-2008, 03:02 PM
When I was 14, I went vegetarian for about 4 years and then I started stumbling back and forth. I live in Texas and it can be really hard to be veg at times; like when I go to Roadhouse and I tell them "I don't eat meat" and they say "We have chicken!!" Anyway, I just recently had a little girl, Ava and while I was pregnant I craved MILK. Which was weird b/c I've never really liked cow's milk too much. After so many months of drinking milk, milk and more milk (and gaining SIXTY FREAKING pounds), I finally had my little angel in December of 2007. Ever since then, milk makes me want to hurl. What with all the pus and junk in it... So about a month ago, I decided to go all out. I've gone completely vegan (much to my hubby's dismay) and it really hasn't been as hard as the previous times I had tried! I found a bunch of awesome, simple recipes on compassionoverkilling.com which has made it so easy. My husband, Chris, is actually being way more supportive than I had anticipated and I must say I feel great!! I've lost the 60 pounds I had gained with exercise and cutting out Dr. Pepper almost completely, but my next goal is to lose another 25 by Thanksgiving. Wish me luck!! I'm really glad to have found this site. It's ALWAYS nice to have a supportive community around you of people who share your views and ideals.

shananigans
08-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Welcome! :)

VegeTexan
08-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Howdy Partner, and welcome to VRF.
Just don't go to Texas Roadhouses, sheesh.
Congrats on the weight loss, and with your commitment to a vegan diet.
Where in Texas?

vegematic
08-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome, Elysa!

-vegematic

stegan
08-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Welcome! :cool:

KaliMama
08-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Welcome! :sunny:

Dugan